One night in Nottingham...

Monkeys Fist

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're near the castles then you need to go to Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem. One of the oldest pubs around, and some pretty good ales on tap.

Foodwise there's plenty. Flaming Dragon does a good all you can eat chinese, or there's a great little greek place near the ice arena. Eviva Taverna I think it's called.

If you want to go out to one of the clubs, The Forum in the town centre is awesome. Cheap drinks and I've never had a bad night there. A bit studenty though. Not sure what sort of night out you're after. :razz:

Top personal tip from CT there. :razz:

Been to Nottingham quite a lot recently but not socially unfortunately, so no drinking recommendations.

Remember a restaurant called Pierre Bistro though which was canny - think it is a small Midlands chain. The Olde Jerusalem is canny famous as well but can't vouch for it. Got to say though I really don't like the city or surroundings much.

Cheers gents.

Won't be a late one, so ales and grub really.

I know of the Olde Trip, will probably start there as I'm staying nearby.

Any other pubs/bars tips welcome gents.

Although I'm a good boy, the lad I'm working with is an incorrigible fanny rat, so I suspect some student bars will be visited. :razz:

Been to Nottingham quite a lot recently but not socially unfortunately, so no drinking recommendations.

Remember a restaurant called Pierre Bistro though which was canny - think it is a small Midlands chain. The Olde Jerusalem is canny famous as well but can't vouch for it. Got to say though I really don't like the city or surroundings much.

Tit :o

Cheers gents.

Although I'm a good boy, the lad I'm working with is an incorrigible fanny rat, so I suspect some student bars will be visited. :razz:

I have a friend with a problem...... :o

Cheers gents.

I have a friend with a problem...... :o

:icon_lol::woosh:

Tit :woosh:

Fuck me your touchy. :o

The Olde Salutation is pretty good for a pint or two. Can't really miss it if you come from the Trip. It's across the other side of the main road going through the city.

Also worth a look is The Bell in market square. They do some great grub in there, although it's a little pricey. Cracking sausage & mash though!

Other than that, The Pit & Pendulem is worth a visit, just for the decor. It's a little like a gothic vodka revs. There's a good but expensive cocktail bar at the top of the Cornerhouse. Pretty good atmosphere in there, and there's a roof terrace.

(If you're up in the day, I work in the M&S department store. Pop in and say hi if you fancy. :razz: )

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Why people don't talk about this place as a wankhole up there with some of the worst places in Britain baffles me. Me mate was in uni about 97 98 there, lived in a place called West Bridgford, made Scochee look like an attractive place to reside. Best thing about it was his chippy near his house possibly the best I've ever had. We watched the toon lose 1-0 at Barca in this huge sportspub called RKO, that was ok, but I didn't like the city at all, people say it's got character, Robin Hoods been deed a thoosand fuckin year, and the people are wanks. Horrible accent duck, arrogant about their pathetically small football club, just a shit place which I won't go back to.

The Olde Salutation is pretty good for a pint or two. Can't really miss it if you come from the Trip. It's across the other side of the main road going through the city.

Also worth a look is The Bell in market square. They do some great grub in there, although it's a little pricey. Cracking sausage & mash though!

Other than that, The Pit & Pendulem is worth a visit, just for the decor. It's a little like a gothic vodka revs. There's a good but expensive cocktail bar at the top of the Cornerhouse. Pretty good atmosphere in there, and there's a roof terrace.

(If you're up in the day, I work in the M&S department store. Pop in and say hi if you fancy. :razz: )

Only if you work in the Knicker section.

Cheers for those tips mate- I'll very likely try them out.

I will be swinging around the Atrium of BT on Canal Street during Thursday afternoon and Friday Morning, then back up the road for teatime with any luck

Why people don't talk about this place as a wankhole up there with some of the worst places in Britain baffles me. Me mate was in uni about 97 98 there, lived in a place called West Bridgford, made Scochee look like an attractive place to reside. Best thing about it was his chippy near his house possibly the best I've ever had. We watched the toon lose 1-0 at Barca in this huge sportspub called RKO, that was ok, but I didn't like the city at all, people say it's got character, Robin Hoods been deed a thoosand fuckin year, and the people are wanks. Horrible accent duck, arrogant about their pathetically small football club, just a shit place which I won't go back to.

Please let me know before you post owt like that again Stevie- I almost shit meself in shock to find out you hate the place :razz:

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Please let me know before you post owt like that again Stevie- I almost shit meself in shock to find out you hate the place :razz:

:o pmsl ya caant

I like some places. I like parts of London, absolutely adore Edinburgh and Glasgow, thought Cardiff was alright and Plymouth is weird but I liked it, I quite like Ipswich bizarely nice friendly little town full of chirpy wurzels, but the rest of Britain by and large is full of mediocrity apart from our little toon on the banks of the Tyne. Leeds has some ok features, Sheffield reminds me of the apocalypse, Manchester easily the most overrated city in Britain, Liverpool bampish full of bamps am not stereotyping here it's how I've found these places, and the full midlands they should just knock the cunt doon and start again.

I've not been to Nottingham for years, is Rock City still there? I remember going to an 'All Night Bikini Beach Party' there about 15 years ago, started out with a wet t-shirt compo and ended up with a full on stage sex show :razz:

I've not been to Nottingham for years, is Rock City still there? I remember going to an 'All Night Bikini Beach Party' there about 15 years ago, started out with a wet t-shirt compo and ended up with a full on stage sex show :razz:

Saw BFS there week before last. :o

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Chips from a hotel the best chips ever? I find that highly unlikely. You never eaten at a decent chippy?

You ever had chips in a Belfast chippy? The phrase can I have chips with that grease comes to mind. Glasgow is the same for chippys too.