Ding

The Fish

Baroness Thatcher admitted to hospital

Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher has been admitted to hospital to be treated for an infection.

It is understood she has not fully recovered from an illness that prevented her attending Downing Street last week to mark her 85th birthday.

A spokesman for the Conservative peer, who was PM from 1979 to 1990, said her condition was not serious and she was expected to return home within days.

Prime Minister David Cameron wished her a "speedy recovery".

And her former aide - the Conservative MP Gerald Howarth, said: "We all wish her well, and are sorry we did not see her last week."

Baroness Thatcher was taken to Cromwell Hospital in west London on Tuesday evening in what has been described as a "routine admission" for treatment for an infection.

In 2005, she was advised by doctors that she should not make public speeches in the wake of some minor strokes.

But she still attends some public functions, including a recent address by the Pope during his state visit to the UK.

In March 2008, she was taken ill during a dinner in Westminster and spent the night in hospital as a precaution, but was later given a clean bill of health.

I think a Grimsby trawler would be more appropriate than Ark Royal. They could chuck her in the drink on the way out and then catch some fish on the way back, so it wouldn't be a wasted trip at the taxpayer's expense

grimsby.jpg

Even when her political deeds are long forgotten, I'll still remember her fondly when I'm approaching the Billy Mill Roundabout a bit too rapidly.

Think the last state funeral for a politician was Churchill, wasn't it? A great war time leader and unifier in our nation's darkest hour (although a bit of a cunt the rest of the time). I can't think of a figure more devisive than Thatcher though, there would be riots if she was given a funeral paid for by a society she didn't even believe in.

Think the last state funeral for a politician was Churchill, wasn't it? A great war time leader and unifier in our nation's darkest hour (although a bit of a cunt the rest of the time). I can't think of a figure more devisive than Thatcher though, there would be riots if she was given a funeral paid for by a society she didn't even believe in.

I think the trouble will occur as people celebrating and mourning clash rather than any debate over cost (though one attitude fuels the other).

I don't think there would be actually. I think apathy sets in with age etc. and the kids don't even know who she is. It'll be interesting to see if they try and go with a minute's silence at football matches though.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Would Cameron have the balls to spunk a fortune on a state funeral?....

Be a bit much on the day he's announcing all the cut-backs.

smith_burial_at_sea.jpg

Off the Ark Royal.

:)

Or, we could do what we normally do with unwanted waste....

wheelie-bin.jpg

I should ask that woman who lobbed the cat in one to do the deed. She lives near to me.

And I half expected this to be a 'Yes Gemmill' about Leslie Phillips from the title. I reckon we should bury her in a disused coal mine, or in Highgate next to Karl Marx.

Or, we could do what we normally do with unwanted waste....

wheelie-bin.jpg

I should ask that woman who lobbed the cat in one to do the deed. She lives near to me.

And I half expected this to be a 'Yes Gemmill' about Leslie Phillips from the title. I reckon we should bury her in a disused coal mine, or in Highgate next to Karl Marx.

Genius. Pure Genius :razz:

I don't think there would be actually. I think apathy sets in with age etc. and the kids don't even know who she is. It'll be interesting to see if they try and go with a minute's silence at football matches though.

I'm sure they won't except maybe at a club like Chelsea with some rich southern cunts supporting it who might keep quiet!

But i'd love it if they tried, because it would be nice to have a bit of noise in the ground for a change, its far too quiet these days, and a minutes silence for that hag would get some atmosphere going!

And whoever said chuck her down a disued mine is the winner!