Close to the sack?

Deano

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In retrospect;

Wasn't Sir Bobby sacked after 4 games into the season.

How does Hughton's 4 game start compare?

If we had lost to Wigan that would have been 5 losses, 1 draw, 2 wins, and 3 of the losses would have been at home. Managers have been sacked with better records than that.

Perhaps Colo possibly saved Hughton's job with his stoppage-time goal.

Now we play the bottom team, I think a loss here will ripple some waters. :razz:

In retrospect;

If we had lost to Wigan that would have been 5 losses, 1 draw, 2 wins, and 3 of the losses would have been at home. Managers have been sacked with better records than that.

Now we play the bottom team, I think a loss here will ripple some waters. :razz:

Lots of clubs sack managers after short bad runs and we have serial form for panic stricken decision making, doesn't make it right! The timing and the nature of dear old Bobby's departure was a shockingly bad piece of decision making - Doug Hall (his name rhymed with fuck all for a reason) - took the bow for that one I believe.

Hughton still has a lot to prove after a great season last time out but I'm totally unconvinced that sacking him is the answer. One of the few real strengths we seem to have at the club is the team bond / spirit that Hughton has built in tandem with the players. Blowing that apart for someone else (and who ?) would seem to be a huge gamble. Newcastle cries out for stability and has huge inglorious form for hitting the panic button - the last thing we need right now is all change. Yes things could get worse lose the next two league games and CH may well not survive - I prefer to raise my half full glass to the do -able prospect of winning them both.

In retrospect;

Lots of clubs sack managers after short bad runs and we have serial form for panic stricken decision making, doesn't make it right! The timing and the nature of dear old Bobby's departure was a shockingly bad piece of decision making - Doug Hall (his name rhymed with fuck all for a reason) - took the bow for that one I believe.

Hughton still has a lot to prove after a great season last time out but I'm totally unconvinced that sacking him is the answer. One of the few real strengths we seem to have at the club is the team bond / spirit that Hughton has built in tandem with the players. Blowing that apart for someone else (and who ?) would seem to be a huge gamble. Newcastle cries out for stability and has huge inglorious form for hitting the panic button - the last thing we need right now is all change. Yes things could get worse lose the next two league games and CH may well not survive - I prefer to raise my half full glass to the do -able prospect of winning them both.

you might be right.

However, stability doesn't bring success in football, its success that brings stability. Lose games as a manager, and you are out. It may not be fair, and in Hughton's case it won't be because he's being forced to do the job with his hands tied but who said things are fair. He won't be on the breadline though.

i would love to see pedro get the job.

Im not sure I would tho Tom. Wonderful player that he was he is utterly unproven at any level. Steve Clarke would be my choice. Been there, done that etc...................

In retrospect;

I agree, sacking CH at the moment would achieve nowt, if we get to January however and are languishing in the bottom 3 then it has to be a consideration. Getting rid in February when any new bod wont have the luxury of buying (however little that may be) and selling to create their own escape route will see us in the same shameful state as two seasons ago.

Peter Beardsley isn't management material Tom.

Seriously.

He isn't

I think he's talking as an assistant/trainer.

Seriously.

He isn't

I think he's talking as an assistant/trainer.

aye, I realise that, but he just isn't up to it.

Just my opinion.

Seriously.

He isn't

Perhaps not, but his wife might be. :o

I thought he was only good with Dogleash's wife. :razz:

Seriously.

He isn't

Perhaps not, but his wife might be. :razz:

he may have been a great player - who played for the Toon when we had the title firmly in our sights and gave it a serious shot [ahem] - but management material he is not.

Seriously.

He isn't

he may have been a great player - who played for the Toon when we had the title firmly in our sights and gave it a serious shot [ahem] - but management material he is not.

Many a person said the same thing about Keegan pre-92.

To sack another manager is absolutely clueless and i dont think that would happen...well not until at least January anyway.

Personally, although i dont think CH was the man for us in the beginning he has and is doing as well as he can do with what he's got and little to spend.

Apart from Perch and Best his dealings have been good, imparticular Tiote and Barfa. Gosling could turn out a decent signing too.

I agree that the papers are just trying to pile pressure on us and stur shit.

That said, CH HAS to change his approach and sharp.

Two positions in which we were crying out for quality additions, granted he didn't spend massively on either player but they weren't worth a quarter of what he paid for them.

I agree and i think its somewhere that we HAVE to invest in come january contrary to the "no new faces in january" statement.

Thing is, can you name anyone of sufficient quality who could be available? Who would actually make a difference?

Wayne Rooney is a top player looking for a new club ?

Its on the cards

Guest Tuco Ramirez

You've had enough ITK for one week off me, but I've heard something today coming out of Herfordshire which I sincerely hope isn't true. Plans are afoot to get rid of Hughton in the very near future, I don't know anything more than that, but the source which I'm getting itsecond hand from insists it's 100% fact.

You've had enough ITK for one week off me, but I've heard something today coming out of Herfordshire which I sincerely hope isn't true. Plans are afoot to get rid of Hughton in the very near future, I don't know anything more than that, but the source which I'm getting itsecond hand from insists it's 100% fact.

I expect he's got at least 3 games to see how it goes.

Seriously.

He isn't

Many a person said the same thing about Keegan pre-92.

Different sorts of people though, both great players but I don't recall Beardo being a media darling like Kev was.