Close to the sack?

Deano

Hadnt heard anything elsewhere until now...

Richard Keys just said on Monday Night Football....."Coloccini's header could well of saved Chris Hughtons job, for now"

Do you think its really as bad as that?

I dont think he will get sacked tbh.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not done too badly considering how little he gets to spend. 1.5m out the window isnt too bad. Tiote and Barfa have been good signings. Campbell seems decent too. We have also had some good performances that hasnt yielded points. The problem lies with Ashley not backing him with cash.

Thinking of a potential replacement scares the shit out of me tbh. Ashley will drag in some football dinosaur that has been desperate for work for the last 5 years and everyone had forgotten about.

It'll be Glenn Hoddle actually, nailed on.

They've got nothing else to report on so its the usual easy target of the Newcastle hot seat and consistent horse shit speculation. The worst thing we could do is sack another manager this season, Hughton needs the full backing of the board for us to move forward.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

To sack another manager is absolutely clueless and i dont think that would happen...well not until at least January anyway.

Personally, although i dont think CH was the man for us in the beginning he has and is doing as well as he can do with what he's got and little to spend.

Apart from Perch and Best his dealings have been good, imparticular Tiote and Barfa. Gosling could turn out a decent signing too.

I agree that the papers are just trying to pile pressure on us and stur shit.

That said, CH HAS to change his approach and sharp.

To sack another manager is absolutely clueless and i dont think that would happen...well not until at least January anyway.

Personally, although i dont think CH was the man for us in the beginning he has and is doing as well as he can do with what he's got and little to spend.

Apart from Perch and Best his dealings have been good, imparticular Tiote and Barfa. Gosling could turn out a decent signing too.

He was available and cheap - perfect for an Ashley-run NUFC.

Like others have said, the problem isnt Hughton, its Ashley. We've competed well in most games imo, Stoke & Wigan are the 2 games that stick out as really bad performances, we battered Blackpool 2nd half & created loads of chances. We lack some quality in the final third, and after the poor support financially (would an extra 5-10m really have put us in finanical danger mike?) Hughton got in the transfer window it was always going to be a tough battle over the course of the season.

Two positions in which we were crying out for quality additions, granted he didn't spend massively on either player but they weren't worth a quarter of what he paid for them.

I read the story earlier (in the daily mail i think(?)). no direct quotes from anyone so in my opinion its absolute bollocks. how the fuck can they know whats going on at SJP when we have a press blackout?

typical shite hack journalism if you ask me.

Thinking of a potential replacement scares the shit out of me tbh. Ashley will drag in some football dinosaur that has been desperate for work for the last 5 years and everyone had forgotten about.

It'll be Glenn Hoddle actually, nailed on.

it's about time you started reminding those mates of yours on NO that only a few years ago we used to buy the quality of player they are screaming out for now. Which they complained about, and booed the people who did it, and the team which only finished 5th in the premiership.

Ho hum.

Two positions in which we were crying out for quality additions, granted he didn't spend massively on either player but they weren't worth a quarter of what he paid for them.

I agree and i think its somewhere that we HAVE to invest in come january contrary to the "no new faces in january" statement.

Thing is, can you name anyone of sufficient quality who could be available? Who would actually make a difference?

I agree and i think its somewhere that we HAVE to invest in come january contrary to the "no new faces in january" statement.

Thing is, can you name anyone of sufficient quality who could be available? Who would actually make a difference?

Wayne Rooney is a top player looking for a new club ?

The thing that makes me a bit suspicious is the fact Hughtons contract hasnt been renewed. It'd be really suprising if Ashley sacked Hughton, would he really be doing it to get someone like Martin Jol in, showing genuine ambition for the club?? The chances of that are very slim! So if he'd do it to get Joe Kinnear in what the hell is going on there, how is that anything like an improvement over Hughton?

The thing that makes me a bit suspicious is the fact Hughtons contract hasnt been renewed. It'd be really suprising if Ashley sacked Hughton, would he really be doing it to get someone like Martin Jol in, showing genuine ambition for the club?? The chances of that are very slim! So if he'd do it to get Joe Kinnear in what the hell is going on there, how is that anything like an improvement over Hughton?

While I'm sure that Chris is safe, it does raise a few eyebrows that JFK is making waves that he'd love to be back at the Toon:

Kinnear would love Toon comeback - Harford

GET the swear jars at the ready – Joe Kinnear fancies a sensational Newcastle United comeback.

Joe Kinnear

The former leader of the Crazy Gang, who was briefly Newcastle boss during their torrid relegation season two years ago, has told friends in football that he would dearly love to return to St James’ Park in the near future.

While that is not likely to come any time soon with current incumbent Chris Hughton doing such a fine job, big Joe still believes he has unfinished business on Tyneside – where his five-month spell was cut short by a serious illness.

That is the verdict of former Newcastle and Sunderland hard man Mick Harford, who played in a charity cricket match with Kinnear at Lord’s a fortnight ago and reveals his garrulous former gaffer still holds a torch for the Toon.

“I was with Joe just last week with the Bunburys (charity cricket club),” Harford told the Sunday Sun.

“I think one day he would love to go back to Newcastle – he absolutely loved his time there and holds the club, the fans and the city in the highest regard.

“He certainly made his mark there! I’m not sure it would be popular with certain people, but I think he did a good job there.

“Chris Hughton, who has done a smashing job there, worked under Joe for a spell, and I think if you asked him he would say he learned from a very experienced manager during his time.

“Joe is absolutely certain – and I fully agree with him – that he would have kept the club up if he hadn’t had his heart condition when he had it.

“When you look back at it his results were good, and I think it really harmed the club to keep chopping and changing managers that season.

“Every club needs to have its foundations and if you have a manager there who knows what they’re doing, it certainly helps.

“They had a bit of that stability there with Joe.”

While it is from The Sun ( :) ), it does make one nervous. (Like he's laying the groundwork for some future events ...)

With this topic being mentioned, our lack of wins at home against (supposedly) shite competition, Carroll being a stupid fuckwit, Calderwood gone and Ben Arfa down for the count, it's not looking too good at the moment. And to think of how happy we were only a few weeks ago after the Chelsea win.