Malouda Chelsea 7

Nolan Newcastle 7

Tevez Man City 7

Bent Sunderland 6

Berbatov Man Utd 6

Drogba Chelsea 6

Carroll Newcastle 5

:angry:

Could move into 4th place next week too....we won't.....but we could.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louise Taylor described Bramble's sending off as being for a 'professional foul'. :angry: Is there no end to that bint's ignorance regarding the game she's paid to write about?

I don't understand this shit. Go to Newcastle, which I did when younger and let it be known you're from Sunderland and you might as well say "I'm a paedophile". They brag it's a friendly party city and treat you like shite. I hate the bastards with all of my being and only ever set foot anywhere near the place when I absolutely have to. I was there to see the 2-1 in 2000 and I'll die a happy and contented man. I sympathised with Portsmouth fans when they were under threat of extinction but would not care a damn if the shitbags went out of business. Fuck The Mags

:angry: The sad thing is he's right, it's a tribal thing, you hear a mackem and straight away you form an opinion of them. "I'm from Sunderland" even from a lass and you start thinking no nar na.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create

Above is the link to the Guardian chalkboards. Tiote is king.

Williamson 8/8 :angry:

Barton's corners were great. All right into the danger area, and the vast majority to a Newcastle player.

Always been a bugbear of mine since the Robson days our poor corners, wasted on hitting the first man.

Edited by Happy Face

I'm still in the clouds.. and still unable to properly comment as yet :angry:

Had a feeling it was going to be a rout when we saw the 'pile-on' in the goal-mouth after the first. You'd have thought we'd won the league with the last kick of the season the way they went on - but it quantified that they fully understood what it means to play in a North-East derby.

I can't fault any of them but in particular Barton, Tiote & Carroll were immense. Shola's pace (aye, pace!) in the early run up to the second goal has fallen a bit below the radar IMO - he tore through their midfield.

Fucking excellent man - what I will say is I'd have felt this way had we played Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea or whoever in that vein - the opposition didn't matter, it was the way we played that has me feeling like a dog with 2 cocks...

The next time a mackem calls us deluded they should take a long hard look at themselves, they're all saying "wait till january" and "we'll still finish above them" :angry: where the fuck have they drawn those conclusions from, they called any Newcastle fan that said we'd win deluded before the game ffs.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create

Above is the link to the Guardian chalkboards. Tiote is king.

Williamson 8/8 :angry:

Barton's corners were great. All right into the danger area, and the vast majority to a Newcastle player.

Always been a bugbear of mine since the Robson days our poor corners, wasted on hitting the first man.

Considering he was on the pitch for 50 minutes, their record signing was a fucking disaster!

United fighting spirit key factor in win - Barton

JOEY BARTON feels Newcastle United’s derby demolition of Sunderland is evidence that the Magpies’ knockers will never defeat the team spirit built up by Chris Hughton at St James’ Park.

The Scouser put in a fantastic display against the Wearsiders in front of watching England coach Franco Baldini, with talk of an England call-up for the ex-Manchester City man gathering pace ahead of this month’s friendly with France at Wembley.

Yet after a week in which Hughton’s own position has came under fire, Barton told the Chronicle: “That’s Newcastle United Football Club for you.

“The media tend to whip up stories, I don’t know where they get it from sometimes.

“That’s what we’ve got to deal with.

“We’re a strong bunch and everybody’s together and we’re quite focused on what we need to do and how we get there.

“Nothing that has gone on outside the dressing room has been able to seep in and affect us.

“That’s due to the closeness of the lads and how together we are.”

Hughton’s name was chanted around St James’ yesterday throughout the 5-1 win.

Barton added: “What was nice against Sunderland was when the fans were singing his name.

“It probably wasn’t as much as it would be for a Kevin Keegan or somebody who played for the club and was a footballing hero, but it was great to see them acknowledge Chrissy.

“The job he’s doing is fantastic.

“For there even to be an inkling of speculation over his future is ridiculous.

“Hopefully the club will come out and get him tied down to some sort of deal and put it all to bed.

“If it ain’t broke, there’s no need to fix it for me.

“At the minute it certainly ain’t broke and although we’re in a tight league, the way we’re playing and performing and the consistency on a regular basis is good.

“Don’t forget this is the top league in the world.”

Barton was blown away by the United faithful before kick-off and added: “The noise before kick-off was as loud as I’ve played of in my career.

“It was hairs on the back of your neck time. I thought the lads after an initial sort of derby start – which is frantic – we were the more composed of the two sides.

“We got in front and we never looked back from there really.”

And speaking on his own performance, with Barton orchestrating free-kicks and corners, he said: “We’re not being too unfair to Sunderland.

“But set plays is a big part of the game and we did well.

“We’re not totally reliant on them, but with the aerial ability we’ve got, we’d be fools not to take advantage of that.

“I’m just a cog in the whole schemes of things but it’s still important I get my bit right and then Shola, Andy and Willo (Williamson) get their bits right.

“Thankfully it paid off but it’s something we’ve worked on in training.

“Nobby ended up getting his hat-trick from it so it’s always pleasing when work from the training ground pays off.

“It’s even better when it’s in the derby.”

United fighting spirit key factor in win - Barton

"But set plays is a big part of the game and we did well.

"We're not totally reliant on them, but with the aerial ability we've got, we'd be fools not to take advantage of that.

."

Love that we're a real threat at set pieces these days. Used to get sick of the times (admittedly years ago) we'd go to places and play a load of pretty football only to get beat by corners and free kicks we couldn't defend for toffee. Unreliable memory on my part to a degree I'm sure, but it felt like the old Arsenal would do that to us every game.

Now we're far more determined in defending set pieces and far more threatening attacking them.

Also as Barton points out (and the media recognition of it is pretty much universal now) there does seem to be a real unified, fighting spirit and it's making a difference. It has to obviously or we'd be fucked. It's just a shame we very rarely seemed to have that at the club when we were blessed with a more talented array of players, as who knows what we could have achieved in those circumstances. Water under the bridge now, but that was always the scandalous waste of the past for me.