In your opinion, what do you think of Sunderland as a town?

Anorthernsoul

Talk to any mackem and I bet they've had loads of nights out in Newcastle. The reverse isn't the case.

I think the "why would you want to go there?" can be applied to most places but the failure of Mackems to recognise Newcastle as by far the regional hub is quite amusing. Especially when they start bleating about regeneration.

When I was young me nana used to get the provvy man for Christmas presents. He'd come to the door, and not every shop took these provvy vouchers not many did. Joblings in Sunderland did, and that's the only reason I ever went there as a kid. Even then you just had to see it, it's had a bit of a face lift since then and it's still fuckin shit so imagine what it was like then. Obviously I worked there later on in my life and was always accused of being condescending about it. It really is losersville, there are few interesting people, the restaurants are scruffy, 9/10 lads and lasses are complete charvas and they do fuck all about it. Just say no. I always associate Lion Bars with there for some reason.

:( Why? I used to quite like Lion bars but I've not had one in ages. I'd see them more as a Double-Decker or a Boost, a middling chocolate bar that's no-ones favourite.

I think I always got a Lion Bar when I went there, and there was a similar bar of chocolate that you cant get now with nuts I got when I went there. Topic's too remember thems.

Star Bar?

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Talk to any mackem and I bet they've had loads of nights out in Newcastle. The reverse isn't the case.

I think the "why would you want to go there?" can be applied to most places but the failure of Mackems to recognise Newcastle as by far the regional hub is quite amusing. Especially when they start bleating about regeneration.

When I was young me nana used to get the provvy man for Christmas presents. He'd come to the door, and not every shop took these provvy vouchers not many did. Joblings in Sunderland did, and that's the only reason I ever went there as a kid. Even then you just had to see it, it's had a bit of a face lift since then and it's still fuckin shit so imagine what it was like then. Obviously I worked there later on in my life and was always accused of being condescending about it. It really is losersville, there are few interesting people, the restaurants are scruffy, 9/10 lads and lasses are complete charvas and they do fuck all about it. Just say no. I always associate Lion Bars with there for some reason.

:( Why? I used to quite like Lion bars but I've not had one in ages. I'd see them more as a Double-Decker or a Boost, a middling chocolate bar that's no-ones favourite.

I think I always got a Lion Bar when I went there, and there was a similar bar of chocolate that you cant get now with nuts I got when I went there. Topic's too remember thems.

Star Bar?

Good lad that's them would've bugged me all day, fuck knows how you're so switched on with all the weed you smoke.

The town centre has several interesting/nice buildings. They are, however, like diamonds in a field of vomit.

It's not so much the architecture which let's it down, as the feeling you have walked into a poundshop theme park.

The general air of neglect is overpowering.

None of which is helped by the fact it's populated with the most backward, racist, bitter sub-humans on the planet.

Durham is nice though. :(

hahaha classic, that’s the mental picture I’ve got!!!

I remember Frederick Street as been particularly grim, full of second hand shops, et al.

it’s rarely that I’ve the need to go there, but it’s always been much of the same.

I found the nightclubs better than in Newcastle when I was younger, more relaxed. (In my late teens I was going out with a sandancer who showed me the places to go). I seemed to be a fanny magnet there, which was a shock, but then again you only had to look at the mass of mutant blokes to know why.

:icon_lol: Why? I used to quite like Lion bars but I've not had one in ages. I'd see them more as a Double-Decker or a Boost, a middling chocolate bar that's no-ones favourite.

Star Bar?

Good lad that's them would've bugged me all day, fuck knows how you're so switched on with all the weed you smoke.

:( I love you and your back-handed compliments btw.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

:icon_lol: Why? I used to quite like Lion bars but I've not had one in ages. I'd see them more as a Double-Decker or a Boost, a middling chocolate bar that's no-ones favourite.

Star Bar?

:( I love you and your back-handed compliments btw.

No I mean it. You're so switched on, takes me 2 days before my brains flowing again thats just off drink, and Saturday I'm back to square one. Another thing two joints on a weekend and I'm like Steven Bland for the week, I donno how you do it. My gaffa is the same, loads of coke, powder mdma, spliffs all week long, and he's fresh as a daisy all week.

Funnily enough i used to go to the Butterlogie back in 89/90 and the Blue Monkey in 90/91. Saw that lad get stabbed to death outside when i was off me tits on doves.

Happy days.

Star Bar?

You can still get Star Bar's, I had one yesterday. Very nice too.

They called them Peanut Boost for a while but they've gone back to Star Bar now.

Star Bar?

You can still get Star Bar's, I had one yesterday. Very nice too.

They called them Peanut Boost for a while but they've gone back to Star Bar now.

I'd add that theres nowt wrong with Double Deckers either, bliddy chocolate nazis :icon_lol:

Sounded more like a picnic to me tbh.

Star bars were a bit odd, had the consistency of turd that was number 3 on the Bristol stool chart. Not nice.

350px-Bristol_Stool_Chart.png

I remember seeing that chart when visiting a relative in hospital when we were kids. Me and by brother thought it was the funniest thing ever.

Sounded more like a picnic to me tbh.

Star bars were a bit odd, had the consistency of turd that was number 3 on the Bristol stool chart. Not nice.

350px-Bristol_Stool_Chart.png

I remember seeing that chart when visiting a relative in hospital when we were kids. Me and by brother thought it was the funniest thing ever.

It's like the menu card from a box of Netto chocolates

Last time I went to Newcastle I was in weatherspoons and a big red van pulled up. 10 heavies with Sunderland shirts got out and beat a load of Newcastle FC fans up with baseball bats. I don't know why as both sets of fans speak the same. The Sunderland fans got the better the geordies ran away shouting Ant and Dec.

Last time I went to Newcastle I was in weatherspoons and a big red van pulled up. 10 heavies with Sunderland shirts got out and beat a load of Newcastle FC fans up with baseball bats. I don't know why as both sets of fans speak the same. The Sunderland fans got the better the geordies ran away shouting Ant and Dec.

don't you have a bin to dip?

Was it the wetherspoons with the huge fish tank behind the bar, or the one with the stuffed lion?

Edited by Monkeys Fist