In your opinion, what do you think of Sunderland as a town?

Anorthernsoul

The town centre has several interesting/nice buildings. They are, however, like diamonds in a field of vomit.

It's not so much the architecture which let's it down, as the feeling you have walked into a poundshop theme park.

The general air of neglect is overpowering.

None of which is helped by the fact it's populated with the most backward, racist, bitter sub-humans on the planet.

Durham is nice though. :(

The town centre has several interesting/nice buildings. They are, however, like diamonds in a field of vomit.

It's not so much the architecture which let's it down, as the feeling you have walked into a poundshop theme park.

The general air of neglect is overpowering.

None of which is helped by the fact it's populated with the most backward, racist, bitter sub-humans on the planet.

Durham is nice though. :icon_lol:

:(:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I can honestly say I've never been into the town centre, but then why would I need to? IMO, its one of those places that suffers in the shadow of its bigger, better neighbour. So for the same reason I've been to Manchester but I've never been to Oldham; I've been to Sheffield but I've never been to Rotherham. That's about the scale of them to us.

Talk to any mackem and I bet they've had loads of nights out in Newcastle. The reverse isn't the case.

I think the "why would you want to go there?" can be applied to most places but the failure of Mackems to recognise Newcastle as by far the regional hub is quite amusing. Especially when they start bleating about regeneration.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Talk to any mackem and I bet they've had loads of nights out in Newcastle. The reverse isn't the case.

I think the "why would you want to go there?" can be applied to most places but the failure of Mackems to recognise Newcastle as by far the regional hub is quite amusing. Especially when they start bleating about regeneration.

When I was young me nana used to get the provvy man for Christmas presents. He'd come to the door, and not every shop took these provvy vouchers not many did. Joblings in Sunderland did, and that's the only reason I ever went there as a kid. Even then you just had to see it, it's had a bit of a face lift since then and it's still fuckin shit so imagine what it was like then. Obviously I worked there later on in my life and was always accused of being condescending about it. It really is losersville, there are few interesting people, the restaurants are scruffy, 9/10 lads and lasses are complete charvas and they do fuck all about it. Just say no. I always associate Lion Bars with there for some reason.

When I was young me nana used to get the provvy man for Christmas presents. He'd come to the door, and not every shop took these provvy vouchers not many did. Joblings in Sunderland did, and that's the only reason I ever went there as a kid. Even then you just had to see it, it's had a bit of a face lift since then and it's still fuckin shit so imagine what it was like then. Obviously I worked there later on in my life and was always accused of being condescending about it. It really is losersville, there are few interesting people, the restaurants are scruffy, 9/10 lads and lasses are complete charvas and they do fuck all about it. Just say no. I always associate Lion Bars with there for some reason.

:( Why? I used to quite like Lion bars but I've not had one in ages. I'd see them more as a Double-Decker or a Boost, a middling chocolate bar that's no-ones favourite.

Its a complete dump. I work near it and sometimes have to pop in. I avoid it when I can. Also had to work there a few times doing surveys on commercial buildings. The only place in the north east I've been where I think the centre is worse is Stockton.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

:( Why? I used to quite like Lion bars but I've not had one in ages. I'd see them more as a Double-Decker or a Boost, a middling chocolate bar that's no-ones favourite.

I think I always got a Lion Bar when I went there, and there was a similar bar of chocolate that you cant get now with nuts I got when I went there. Topic's too remember thems.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Its a complete dump. I work near it and sometimes have to pop in. I avoid it when I can. Also had to work there a few times doing surveys on commercial buildings. The only place in the north east I've been where I think the centre is worse is Stockton.

Ashington's canny bad like. The people man fuckin hell, it's a proper case of the hills have eyes.