Karl Henry

JonTheMag

The 27-year-old was deservedly sent-off for a wild lunge on Jordi Gomez just 11 minutes into the Premier League contest at the DW Stadium.

Referee Lee Mason had no qualms issuing a straight red card and despite Henry's protests he now concurs with the official's decision.

Henry regrets the needless challenge and believes that if he had a chance to recreate the incident he would have stayed on his feet.

The former Stoke man is backing himself to learn from his rash decision and is gutted he will now be missing games through suspension.

The contest was goalless when Henry was sent-off and he firmly believes the club would have gone on to win had he not lost his head, rather than the 2-0 defeat they suffered.

Horrific

"Having watched it again I can see that it looks horrific and realise that it was a deserved red card," he told the club's official website.

"I've already apologised to the manager, TC and the boys, but I'd also like to apologise to the supporters, especially the ones that travelled up to Wigan.

"If we had had 11 men on the pitch, there is no doubt in my mind that we would have won that game.

"I'm desperately disappointed - if I could go back and rerun it all again I wouldn't make the challenge and I would have stayed on my feet.

"It's something that I'll learn from. But things happen so quickly. I'd made the decision to go and win the ball and it turned out to be the wrong one.

"We started really well and I thought we were well in contention - especially in the first half. And so again, I'd like to stress how sorry I am because I know that I have let people down.

"And, on top of everything else, I'm going to miss three important games. For me it's a bad situation, but I've got every confidence that the boys can get a result against West Ham and kick on from there."

It just makes me fucking sick that he comes out and apologizes not for making a horrific tackle that couldve broken a players leg, but for getting sent off and letting his team down. What a complete asshole.

Dickhead has probably realised that everyone thinks he's a thug, so he tries to apologise and then fucks that up.

Actually it's a nice piece of PR spin.

He admits regret for the tackle, which makes him sound remorseful with the average headline reader and hopefully the general media but on closer inspection his manager, team mates and supporters feel vindicated in their support for him because it's all about how much he cares for the club.

Can't see De Jong mumbling even half a word of apology.

As for that toffee wum cunt in the Be Afra thread, look at the shite in your own club.

There are many of us here that remember that cunt of an act Graveson metered out to Ollie Bernard all those years ago.

Edited by sammynb

Sums the prick up that he's not apologising for trying to cripple somebody, but that his team might have won if he wasn't sent off, absolute grade A cunt. Also no suprise to find he's a former Stoke player, definitely learned his style there.

COMPLETE CUNT IS HENRY, HE WAS SENT OUT BY MASSIVE FACE MCCARTHY SPECIFICALLY TO PUT BARTON OUT OF THE GAME.

HOW HE WASN'T SENT OFF IN THAT GAME WAS UNBELIEVABLE.

"Speak up caller, you're through."

COMPLETE CUNT IS HENRY, HE WAS SENT OUT BY MASSIVE FACE MCCARTHY SPECIFICALLY TO PUT BARTON OUT OF THE GAME.

HOW HE WASN'T SENT OFF IN THAT GAME WAS UNBELIEVABLE.

"Speak up caller, you're through."

:(

• 1 month later...