Norman Wisdom

Monkeys Fist

One of the all time greats that filled our house with laughter.

Had the very good fortune to meet him at the NEC over lunch and could not believe how gracious he was and more importantly how posh he spoke in real life. :(

There will be national days of mourning in Albania...

c1986, after a few, me and a few mates were heading off to a match at St James’ Park, I saw Norman Wisdom on the other side of the road — my mates thought I was seeing things — anyway, after trying to get his attention he disappeared around the corner, only to come back with his hat on sideways, doing his mad dance/stagger and wave, then he was off again. Absolutely hilarious and surreal — we didn’t know at that time he came up here regularly to watch NUFC.

as a kid I loved watching his films, amazing bloke, RIP.

A man who could eke more humour out of tripping himself up in a single scene than the likes of Corden or Whitehall will manage in their entire career. RIP Norm.

yep. james corden is the comedey antichrist to me. about as funny as having a terminal disease.

c1986, after a few, me and a few mates were heading off to a match at St James’ Park, I saw Norman Wisdom on the other side of the road — my mates thought I was seeing things — anyway, after trying to get his attention he disappeared around the corner, only to come back with his hat on sideways, doing his mad dance/stagger and wave, then he was off again. Absolutely hilarious and surreal — we didn’t know at that time he came up here regularly to watch NUFC.

as a kid I loved watching his films, amazing bloke, RIP.

He came on the pitch one time, (can't remember if it was before the game or half time), got applause off the home fans and did his clowning about then offered on the away fans to laughs from the Toon fans, (think it was Man U or Liverpool fans he was going to chin). Funny at the time to a young'un. It would've been around 1986. RIP.

A man who could eke more humour out of tripping himself up in a single scene than the likes of Corden or Whitehall will manage in their entire career. RIP Norm.

So true, the world is a sadder place as of yesterday. RIP Norm.

:(

Used to come and stay with his mate in Fenham all the time, wor lass used to serve him in the shop and says he was a gent and naturally funny. Used to take the piss out of other customers by doing funny walks behind them, must have been in his 80's then as well. RIP Fella.

Used to come and stay with his mate in Fenham all the time, wor lass used to serve him in the shop and says he was a gent and naturally funny. Used to take the piss out of other customers by doing funny walks behind them, must have been in his 80's then as well. RIP Fella.

it was Stanton Street in Fenham where I saw him iirc.