Ex-players going bankrupt

Walliver

Not a good day for old Newcastle players.

Bad day in court for people called Carl part 2: Former Newcastle and Wolves striker Carl Cort has been declared bankrupt. A source told the Sun: "It's hard to understand how Carl could wind up bankrupt."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oc...ogbia-marseille

The former Manchester United and Northern Ireland international footballer Keith Gillespie has been declared bankrupt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11454176

Who's next?

Randomly, when we played Palermo we were sat on the bus coming into the city from the airport and we got speaking to this lad who claimed to be Malcom Allen's nephew,who said his uncle was a coke crazed piss heed who had just been declared bankrupt. Wasn't Malcy in the news for something or other a while ago?

Randomly, when we played Palermo we were sat on the bus coming into the city from the airport and we got speaking to this lad who claimed to be Malcom Allen's nephew,who said his uncle was a coke crazed piss heed who had just been declared bankrupt. Wasn't Malcy in the news for something or other a while ago?

Drink driving ban wasn't it?

Hope Souness is next.

For some reason he's really really loaded,worth about £50m.

SQ02008.jpg

:lol:

Did he sign players who had Willie McKay as their agent at Newcastle? We had a fair few, and the Barry Ferguson debacle was suspicious.

Not surprised Keith is bankrupt, as there was a gag about him using a bookies' pen to sign for Blackburn on Fantasy Football League. Colin Hendry is also bankrupt, which is a shame as he was my favourite player along with our Alan.

Hope Souness is next.

SQ02008.jpg

Did he sign players who had Willie McKay as their agent at Newcastle? We had a fair few, and the Barry Ferguson debacle was suspicious.

Not surprised Keith is bankrupt, as there was a gag about him using a bookies' pen to sign for Blackburn on Fantasy Football League. Colin Hendry is also bankrupt, which is a shame as he was my favourite player along with our Alan.

Boumsong was a McKay special. Brown envelopes a plenty with that one as well.

Hope Souness is next.

SQ02008.jpg

Boumsong was a McKay special. Brown envelopes a plenty with that one as well.

That was shockingly blatant. Hadnt rangers just got him on a free and then we bought him for around £12M?

Guest Tuco Ramirez

There was a tiny independent bookies on the West Road next to the "Westfield Social Club" who Gillespie owed 100k too. I think he got the toon to pay it off for him and take it out his wages. It's easy to say what a wanker, but it gets a hold of people, on a much smaller scale obviously I had to do the same 4 years ago, and I'm a much better person financially, mentally and experience wise for it.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Matthew Etherington was on breakfast telly this morning. Reckons he's lost between 1.25 and 2m at the bookies. Madness.

It's amazing how there's a £750,000 discrepancy in that. It's like you can lose 750k down the settee.