Only on Teeside...

shackbleep

Daft bastard... might as well have just downed a pint of petrol.

Teesside man dies after downing pint of vodka

A man died after downing a pint of vodka in four seconds, an inquest heard.

Richard Davies, 29, from Thornaby, near Stockton, had been drinking with friends before the alcohol knocked him unconscious in January.

Mr Davies was found not breathing in a pool of his own blood, and died hours later.

Recording a verdict of misadventure, Teesside coroner Tony Eastwood said the alcohol in his system had killed him.

The hearing on Tuesday at Teesside Coroner's Court was told how the electrician's mate was five-and-a-half times the legal drink-drive limit and his body contained traces of the then-legal high mephedrone, which has since been banned.

However, Mr Eastwood said the alcohol in his system had killed him and that the mephedrone was not a contributing factor.

'Pushed me away'

Mr Davies' best friend Christopher Crooks told the inquest how he tried to save his life after he was found unconscious in the early hours of 16 January.

In a statement read out by deputy Teesside coroner Tony Eastwood, he said: "Richard drank a pint of vodka in four seconds or so.

"I did try to take the glass off him, but he turned his back on me, pushed me away, and drank it all."

Paramedics were later called, but by the time they arrived Mr Davies was dead.

Pathologist Jan Lowe said Mr Davies had an alcohol level enough to have caused acute alcohol poisoning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-11437449

Daft bastard... might as well have just downed a pint of petrol.

Teesside has them too:

Petrol addict banned from shops

A man with an addiction to sniffing petrol has been banned from every Asda store after being caught cutting fuel pump pipes.

Brian Taylor, 36, has also been banned from going within 15 metres of any filling station on Teesside.

Taylor terrorised supermarket staff and customers after sniffing petrol and cutting pipes at Asda in the South Bank area and dancing around the forecourt.

Teesside Magistrates Court heard customers had been soaked in petrol.

'Safety risk'

Cleveland Police and Redcar and Cleveland Council applied for an Anti-Social Behaviour Order (Asbo) which was granted at Teesside Magistrates' Court on Thursday.

Taylor, of no fixed address, was also banned from carrying petrol in a public place for the duration of the four-year order.

Supermarket CCTV footage caught him in the act and police believe he could have been responsible for around 50 incidents in the last two years.

Sgt Bryan Tams said: "The major concern is that when he has been cutting the pipes, customers have not noticed the cut and some have been soaked in petrol.

"There were obvious dangers involved in his actions and a risk to safety.

"We have concerns for his own health and are trying to find ways of addressing his addiction to petrol which doesn't get him into trouble."

Clicky

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

:wub:
"We have concerns for his own health and are trying to find ways of addressing his addiction to petrol which doesn't get him into trouble."

He's from Teeside- just send him outside for a walk and some "fresh" air.

A lightweight when compared to the star of my favourite Teesside headcase story:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=20529

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

:wub:

He's from Teeside- just send him outside for a walk and some "fresh" air.

A lightweight when compared to the star of my favourite Teesside headcase story:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=20529

One legged addict=winner

:icon_lol: