Shola Ameobi or Andy Carroll on sunday?

loonyTOON

Shola Ameobi or Andy Carroll on sunday?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's the actual contact from Tiote as he went by....

willo4.jpg

Here's Alex going down...

willo5.jpg

...and from another angle...

willo4.jpg

Pay particular attention to the position of Campbell in the above images. He may have been obscuring Phil Dowd's view, given his hefty frame.

Williamson trips over him to make it look worse...

willo6.jpg

...Dowd immediately after blowing the penalty walks away talking with Williamson grabbing his shirt indicating this is what the foul was for...

willo1.jpg

...Alan Smith comes across and Dowd points at Williamson while talking...

willo2.jpg

...and finally Williamson walks away muttering to himself like he just got dudded (which he did)...

willo3.jpg

And..

The far too high pants of Sol Campbell...

solcampbell.jpg

And..

The far too high pants of Sol Campbell...

solcampbell.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that Barton is moving towards a career in aussie rules with his shorts getting smaller.

Maybe the bad tache wasn't the only thing from the 70s he took a liking to.

shola should start on the bench. the same team that beat everton away should start again on sunday. the key to beating everton was winning the midfield battle. the same will probably apply to stoke.

Yep. This is what should happen.

And OzToonFan, I'm not convinced with your pictures. You're showing me a picture of Williamson with his hands on Alex's sholders, when he's already on the floor.

Both, it's at home, drop Nolan.

Routledge Barton Tiote Arfa

Shola Carroll

Should destroy them.

Exactly what I was thinking. Carroll back tracks enough to act as Nolan, plus is quicker lol How many times we seen big Andy in defence? Scrap Nolan, and double our aerial threat

Pound-for-pound [considering his height] Shola is one of the weakest aerial threats around, and doesn't lend anything towards a twin-tower type of set-up aimed at bashing them up aerially & physically in the final 1/3. Stick with the same outfield [midfield & forward line-up] which bossed the game away at Everton, as others have suggested.

Edited by Year Zero

Shola Carroll

Should destroy them.

Exactly what I was thinking. Carroll back tracks enough to act as Nolan, plus is quicker lol How many times we seen big Andy in defence? Scrap Nolan, and double our aerial threat

Pound-for-pound [considering his height] Shola is one of the weakest aerial threats around, and doesn't lend anything towards a twin-tower type of set-up aimed at bashing them up aerially & physically in the final 1/3. Stick with the same outfield [midfield & forward line-up] which bossed the game away at Everton, as others have suggested.

I disagree, this is probably the one area he has improved upon, even if they do sometimes go off his shouler :lol: it still goes in.

Shola Carroll

Should destroy them.

I disagree, this is probably the one area he has improved upon, even if they do sometimes go off his shouler :lol: it still goes in.

Shola has always been decent attacking the ball. But his lazy attitude means he's always going to be awful defending set pieces.