Shola Ameobi or Andy Carroll on sunday?

loonyTOON

Shola Ameobi or Andy Carroll on sunday?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both, it's at home, drop Nolan.

Routledge Barton Tiote Arfa

Shola Carroll

Should destroy them.

Exactly what I was thinking. Carroll back tracks enough to act as Nolan, plus is quicker lol How many times we seen big Andy in defence? Scrap Nolan, and double our aerial threat

Shola Carroll

Should destroy them.

Exactly what I was thinking. Carroll back tracks enough to act as Nolan, plus is quicker lol How many times we seen big Andy in defence? Scrap Nolan, and double our aerial threat

Nice idea but have you forgot who our manager is?

Shola is a total liability when defending corners (or in Stokes case throw ins). Nolan is physical and we'll need it. I'd also play Sol over Williams (as he was poor against Everton in the air).

You must be fucking joking. Williamson won everything in the air on Saturday. That's why Fellaini was getting so frustrated. I thought he had a tremendous game.

Shola Carroll

Should destroy them.

Nice idea but have you forgot who our manager is?

Aye, it's Hughton and he appears not to be as forgetful as you two.

Tell Carroll he gets dropped if he doesn't score against Stoke.

We aren't expected to get a point at city but the next 3 are big important games this season. You want them both as fired up as possible. That's shola's main problem though, he's not the sharpest of people or players. He does know how to beat the mackems though.

Edited by ChezGiven

Ditto that.

Williamson is a rock.

He cost us a penalty against Chelsea courtesy of the reputation he gained from the Everton game where he had hands everywhere all over their players - most notably Fellaini and Beckford. You can't ge away with those sort of fouls for long before the referees really start cracking down on you and being overcritical - unless you are John Terry obviously.

Not saying that Campbell should start, though Hughton blatantly gave him game time with both Colo and Willo to see if they'd play well together. Campbell did do quite well, though I wasn't impressed with the height he had his shorts pulled up to. I know he's old, but really? THAT high?

He cost us a penalty against Chelsea courtesy of the reputation he gained from the Everton game where he had hands everywhere all over their players - most notably Fellaini and Beckford. You can't ge away with those sort of fouls for long before the referees really start cracking down on you and being overcritical - unless you are John Terry obviously.

Fellaini was beating him to an inch of his life for fucks sake!

That penalty was nothing to do with reputation or anybody ''costing us'', nobody could see anything it as it was simply a top four giveaway.

Funny how you mentin being overcritical by the way :lol:

Fellaini was beating him to an inch of his life for fucks sake!

That penalty was nothing to do with reputation or anybody ''costing us'', nobody could see anything it as it was simply a top four giveaway.

Funny how you mentin being overcritical by the way :lol:

By the way if Williamson was the one that gave away the penalty then Kevin isn't a right royal cock.

Watch it again, Tiote has a cheeky grab on the way past him. Mind you with that twat refereeing he'd probably though Williamson has black paws.

shola should start on the bench. the same team that beat everton away should start again on sunday. the key to beating everton was winning the midfield battle. the same will probably apply to stoke.

By the way if Williamson was the one that gave away the penalty then Kevin isn't a right royal cock.

Watch it again, Tiote has a cheeky grab on the way past him. Mind you with that twat refereeing he'd probably though Williamson has black paws.

The contact was definitely from Tiote on his way past, but the delayed nature of the dive meant that Willamson was on the scene when their player went down. Not a penalty obviously but I've got it in my head that it was called against Williamson, which makes it more blatantly wrong. I will watch it again and see if it changes my mind.

There's no denying however that against Everton Williamson was more handy than a Swiss army knife AND more handy than Mike Tyson in a strip joint. Good in the air and pretty good positionally, I think he's a solid defender especially considering his lack of experience. Doesn't deserve dropping for it, I don't think but may struggle against Stoke if they're overly physical up front.

Edited by OzToonFan