Goalkeepers

Deano

Think Krul's better than Harper basically so not really interested in Given at all.

I heard that Harper/Newcastle had one of the lowest amount of shots on goal, but Harper had conceded a high % of them. Can't find a link at the mo.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/stats.m...lter=&view=

S = saves, C = conceded

Save/concede ratio

Cech 11

Hart 10

Robinson 3.16

Almunia 3

Mignolet 2.6

Friedal 2.55

Carson 2.11

Gilks 2

Sorensen 2

Van der Sar 1.71

Howard 1.71

Foster 1.62

Hahnemann 1.375

Green 1.23

Reina 1.14

Harper 1

I'm a Harper fan, but that speaks volumes.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle United reserve goalkeeper Tim Krul has vowed to take full advantage of his chance in the first-team following injury to Steve Harper.

Harper has been ruled out for month after damaging shoulder ligaments in the 1-0 win at Everton, handing the Dutch Under 21 international his chance.

It's a dream: Krul can stake a claim for Newcastle's No 1 jersey

United can’t recall Fraser Forster due to the terms of his loan move to Celtic and have made an emergency loan bid for Manchester City's Shay Given.

But Krul will line up for the Magpies against Chelsea in the Carling Cup third round and is hoping to make a name for himself.

He said: 'It’s just a crazy, unbelievable game isn’t it? On Thursday I was playing in the reserves and then on Saturday in the Premier League for my debut.

'It’s been a dream come true to play in the Premier League and something I have dreamed of all my life.

'It’s what I’ve been training for, for many years, and it’s great it’s come true.'

However, Krul was also deeply concerned for his close pal and senior team-mate Harper.

'It would have been nice to do it in happier circumstances,' he told the Chronicle. 'I felt for Harps straight away. I saw he landed on his shoulder and knew it was bad.

'It was a bad tackle. Luckily nothing has broke but it’s still the ligaments so it’s not good. You want to get the chance but in happier circumstances. But I have to take the chance now and be there for the team.

Caulkin :

Hierarchy believe Krul is ready and Shay virtually went on strike before he left.

Normally I respect what Caulkin has to say but that's half a story there in bold.

We've done this one to death in the past but the club prostituted Given around the Premiership in the run up to the January transfer window despite his 10 years service and then when Given told them to go fuck themselves, they played the victim and claimed he was trying to engineer his way out. And yes I am ITK on this one and no, I'm not going to disclose any further.

It's all irrelevant, he'll never come back so long as the club is owned by Ashley and I imagine Ashley is too stubborn to back down.

Just saddens me to realise that those fuckwits have hoodwinked so many of our supporters on the Given situation.

Caulkin :

Hierarchy believe Krul is ready and Shay virtually went on strike before he left.

Normally I respect what Caulkin has to say but that's half a story there in bold.

We've done this one to death in the past but the club prostituted Given around the Premiership in the run up to the January transfer window despite his 10 years service and then when Given told them to go fuck themselves, they played the victim and claimed he was trying to engineer his way out. And yes I am ITK on this one and no, I'm not going to disclose any further.

It's all irrelevant, he'll never come back so long as the club is owned by Ashley and I imagine Ashley is too stubborn to back down.

Just saddens me to realise that those fuckwits have hoodwinked so many of our supporters on the Given situation.

Really? I never saw/noticed those posts.

Caulkin :

I've discussed it several times in here. Can't be arsed to search for it all but I'm sure Alex will vouch as he was about the only one to see it the same way.

Caulkin :

I don't imagine for a moment they didn't try and cash in on Given.

Why do we need a new keeper again? Harper is an solid but average keeper. We have a cracking young keeper in Krul who has impressed each time I have seen him play, surely he deserves his chance. And Forster can't be that shite if he's first choice at Celtic.

i don't blame given for leaving. he would still be the best keeper at the club if he were to return but can see why hughton doesn't want to go in for him. he obviously reckons krul has enough about him to see if he can make the step up to regular games in the premier league.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Scratching around for a keeper is a dangerous situation. Last time we had a keeper crisis, we got 40 year Tommy The Barman, who did fuck all wrong to be fair.

Caulkin :

I've discussed it several times in here. Can't be arsed to search for it all but I'm sure Alex will vouch as he was about the only one to see it the same way.

I completely agreed with you on the one Craig, I know for a fact Given was treated very poorly indeed in his last few weeks at the club. In saying that, I still want to see how Krul gets on so I'd rather we get some experienced bench warmer as an emergency keeper if we are able to.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Scratching around for a keeper is a dangerous situation. Last time we had a keeper crisis, we got 40 year Tommy The Barman, who did fuck all wrong to be fair.

There was also the return of Pav

Aye.

I seem to remember The Budgie coming back and playing for us for a game about 1995 at Man City, am I right or have I taken too many drugs this weekend?

Question should be, who do you think was the catalyst for him leaving. Many think it was Given when in reality it wasn't.

I remember Given going spare after the hammering off Liverpool and was under the impression that was when he decided he wanted out. Nowt against the bloke if he did, he gave us his best years when he could've been winning trophies elsewhere.

Newcastle United reserve goalkeeper Tim Krul has vowed to take full advantage of his chance in the first-team following injury to Steve Harper.

Harper has been ruled out for month after damaging shoulder ligaments in the 1-0 win at Everton, handing the Dutch Under 21 international his chance.

It's a dream: Krul can stake a claim for Newcastle's No 1 jersey

United can’t recall Fraser Forster due to the terms of his loan move to Celtic and have made an emergency loan bid for Manchester City's Shay Given.

But Krul will line up for the Magpies against Chelsea in the Carling Cup third round and is hoping to make a name for himself.

He said: 'It’s just a crazy, unbelievable game isn’t it? On Thursday I was playing in the reserves and then on Saturday in the Premier League for my debut.

'It’s been a dream come true to play in the Premier League and something I have dreamed of all my life.

'It’s what I’ve been training for, for many years, and it’s great it’s come true.'

However, Krul was also deeply concerned for his close pal and senior team-mate Harper.

'It would have been nice to do it in happier circumstances,' he told the Chronicle. 'I felt for Harps straight away. I saw he landed on his shoulder and knew it was bad.

'It was a bad tackle. Luckily nothing has broke but it’s still the ligaments so it’s not good. You want to get the chance but in happier circumstances. But I have to take the chance now and be there for the team.

He's doing it on purpose now, got to be :)