Things that shout "I'm middle class"

donaldstott

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has heped me to realise why i have never really got this forum, what a bunch of fucking tossers, feel free to ban me because there is about a million light years between my beliefs and values and a high % of the posters on here, i won't slam the door on my way out.

If you're going out, can you pop into Waitrose and grab me some polenta and a bottle of Montrachet?

There's a love. :huh:

Yeah, get a receipt though, I'll put it on my next expenses claim.

:unsure:

I used to work with the son of an MP (which is, in itself a middle class statement). He claimed £1 for crossing the Forth Bridge. A quid FFS.

Scandal!!!

It's free

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Grinding your own beans to make coffee.

I tell you what I consider middle class what I did. Spent £14 this week making my own Dolmio. Was nicer too.

I tell you what I consider middle class what I did. Spent £14 this week making my own Dolmio. Was nicer too.

Should keep stuff like that to yerself Stevie goes against type. :unsure:

Dolmio is a brand. If you made your own it's a ragout.

I don't know, uppity plebs :unsure::huh:

I don't know, uppity plebs :huh:;)

Just pasta sauce isn't it? :unsure:

I don't know, uppity plebs :huh::no

Just pasta sauce isn't it? :unsure:

Get it yourself , innit. ;)

:unsure: Btw, since when was cooking stuff from scratch 'middle class'. Shows how times have changed compared to when we were bairns if that's now the case. Maybe it is. It's cheaper making it yourself though, surely :huh: Did you put gold leaf in it or have I been whooshed again?

Guest Tuco Ramirez

:unsure: Btw, since when was cooking stuff from scratch 'middle class'. Shows how times have changed compared to when we were bairns if that's now the case. Maybe it is. It's cheaper making it yourself though, surely :huh: Did you put gold leaf in it or have I been whooshed again?

No. I put all sorts in, took me two hours to make it like, over did it on the sage, but the results, well..if I can keep this up you might just be looking at the geordie Gordon Ramsay.

:unsure: Btw, since when was cooking stuff from scratch 'middle class'. Shows how times have changed compared to when we were bairns if that's now the case. Maybe it is. It's cheaper making it yourself though, surely ;) Did you put gold leaf in it or have I been whooshed again?

No. I put all sorts in, took me two hours to make it like, over did it on the sage, but the results, well..if I can keep this up you might just be looking at the geordie Gordon Ramsay.

:huh: the whole beauty of Italian cookery is its simplicity man. Anyone (who can be arsed) can do a pasta sauce.

Edited by alex

Guest Tuco Ramirez

:unsure: Btw, since when was cooking stuff from scratch 'middle class'. Shows how times have changed compared to when we were bairns if that's now the case. Maybe it is. It's cheaper making it yourself though, surely ;) Did you put gold leaf in it or have I been whooshed again?

:huh: the whole beauty of Italian cookery is its simplicity man. Anyone (who can be arsed) can do a pasta sauce.

Anyone can TRY. :no and here's me thinking I was being sophisticated.

Anyone can TRY. :no and here's me thinking I was being sophisticated.

Don't get me wrong, I love cooking / eating Italian stuff like pasta sauces, but it's more time consuming than anything else. There's nothing 'technical' involved. If there was I'd be fucked tbh.

Edited by alex

Aye, how the fuck did you spend £14 on making pasta sauce?

Well there's ingredients go in I can use again and again.

Tomatoes onions carrots celery garlic wine/stock basil

Honest mate that's all you need.

Bit of tom puree and lightly fry the garlic in olive oil and use red onion if you want to really ponce it up.