Making a Will

LeazesMag

Has anyone made or updated one recently ? If so, what is the cost and where did you go ? I'd just like an idea, the one I made a canny while ago was for free

I appreciate the younger immature element on here like thompers won't have a clue .....

;)

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did one last year through my solicitor when I got divorced. Cost me around £200 I think.

my mate made one last year, and I witnessed it for him. I'm out with him later so I'll ask. Thought it would be cheaper than that though

Got my solicitor to do mine. Something like £150. Just watch out for ones that dont know what they are doing, was something on watchdog about that Im sure.

if you have a straightforward family situation (e.g no ex-s, love children or whatever) I'd suggest getting the booklets & forms from WHICH

It really is important to have one

You would be better off going on the HMRC website for questions like that. They have guides to various taxes and it should be fairly well explained. I got taught this stuff when I did my accountancy qualification but can I fuck remember any of it these days.

Got my solicitor to do mine. Something like £150. Just watch out for ones that dont know what they are doing, was something on watchdog about that Im sure.

thats not too bad

where does inheritance tax kick in ? Is it liable on property ?

Of course it is, that's where the bulk of the value of your estate will be, surely?

You don't need to pay anything on the first £300k or something though. Are you minted Leazes? If so why are quiblling over the odd hundred quid. B):D

where does inheritance tax kick in ? Is it liable on property ?

Of course it is, that's where the bulk of the value of your estate will be, surely?

You don't need to pay anything on the first £300k or something though. Are you minted Leazes? If so why are quiblling over the odd hundred quid. B):D

look after the pennies Renton ................... look after the pennies ... B)

I got one for free years ago, just wondered what it would cost to update it, and I would rather pay to have it done properly. I'll go to a decent solicitor.

I wasn't being serious. But you couldn't resist boring us with your supreme knowledge anyway. :D

EDIT! @ Rob.

trying to help lad, trying to help

I've been an Executor a few times and take it from me a wil is a very good thing to have - without one everyone is f*****

Has anyone made or updated one recently ? If so, what is the cost and where did you go ? I'd just like an idea, the one I made a canny while ago was for free

I appreciate the younger immature element on here like thompers won't have a clue .....

;)

I find it hard to believe you have anybody to leave it to, at risk of being harsh, there's a reason you're in your 50s and living in a flat, and you don't have to look further than your posts on here to work out why.

;)

I find it hard to believe you have anybody to leave it to, at risk of being harsh, there's a reason you're in your 50s and living in a flat, and you don't have to look further than your posts on here to work out why.

Why would you get about upset by anyone having a dig at a long departed poster like Thompers?

Hmmmmmm :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Why would you get about upset by anyone having a dig at a long departed poster like Thompers?

Detective Fist is on to a clue ;)

Follow that nose fist, by god dammit follow that nose!

:icon_lol:

Because I don't like him regardless of what he wants to call me ;)