Gerard Houllier - Villa Manager

Deano

What a great opening interview!

Never really liked or rated him previously but looking at his track record and listening to his comments, he clearly is a man with huge hunger and passion for the game and the premier league.

Villa might well of just made a very VERY good appointment in him.

Good luck to him and i hope he stays healthy.

Much as I'd like this thread to remain a one poster, confirming Villa's position as the least interesting club in the country no matter what happens there, I had to laugh at this....

MICHAEL OWEN is in line to become Gerard Houllier's first signing for Aston Villa.

The new Villa boss is set to make a swoop for the former England striker during the January transfer window either on loan or for a nominal fee.

NOTW

Much as I'd like this thread to remain a one poster, confirming Villa's position as the least interesting club in the country no matter what happens there, I had to laugh at this....

MICHAEL OWEN is in line to become Gerard Houllier's first signing for Aston Villa.

The new Villa boss is set to make a swoop for the former England striker during the January transfer window either on loan or for a nominal fee.

NOTW

I too hate villa...almost as much as the mackems and spurs, but after that interview i have a respect for houllier.

As for Owen, words cant explain the hatred i have for him!

Having ended his six year exile from English football, newly-appointed Aston Villa boss Gerard Houllier has confirmed that he was on the shortlist to succeed Sam Allardyce at SJP in 2008.

But, as the 63 year-old admitted in an interview with "Inside World Football", "they took Kevin Keegan".

Having ended his six year exile from English football, newly-appointed Aston Villa boss Gerard Houllier has confirmed that he was on the shortlist to succeed Sam Allardyce at SJP in 2008.

But, as the 63 year-old admitted in an interview with "Inside World Football", "they took Kevin Keegan".

I'd have been happy enough with Houllier then, but i was very happy with KK, it just didn't matter who it was if fuckwit ashley was going to install wise over their head and give him all the power over transfers and leave the manager hamstrung.

I'd have been happy enough with Houllier then, but i was very happy with KK, it just didn't matter who it was if fuckwit ashley was going to install wise over their head and give him all the power over transfers and leave the manager hamstrung.

Would have been a better DOF appointment than the little cockney fuckwit we got.

I was over the moon with Houllier when it looked like it was going to be him and Shearer. I seem to recall running round the house shouting Shooooulllliiiieerr.

I was over the moon with Keegan like

Would have been a better DOF appointment than the little cockney fuckwit we got.

Yeah, not that KK likely would or should have to work with a DOF, he'd have been miles ahead of wise, and if KK left Houllier could have stepped in instead of joe fucking kinnear!

• 7 months later...

It wasn't a heart attack he had at Liverpool - it was aortic dissection. The lining of the main blood vessel from your heart splits in two and can tear into the heart or away from it and plug off arteries to your brain, limbs, guts etc. Can be very fatal very quickly. Houllier had an operation to fix it in 2001.

I don't really know what recurrence rates for dissection are like so I dunno how likely that it's due to this or something else.

It wasn't a heart attack he had at Liverpool - it was aortic dissection. The lining of the main blood vessel from your heart splits in two and can tear into the heart or away from it and plug off arteries to your brain, limbs, guts etc. Can be very fatal very quickly. Houllier had an operation to fix it in 2001.

I don't really know what recurrence rates for dissection are like so I dunno how likely that it's due to this or something else.

As opposed to....??? :)

It's like 'bad AIDS' day again ;)

BEEB

"The 63-year-old was taken to hospital in Birmingham overnight. He has spoken to the club's chief executive Paul Faulkner and his condition is said to be comfortable.

Assistant Manager Gary McAllister will take Thursday's training session. Houllier has thanked supporters for their concern.

He is expected to remain in hospital for several days and is undergoing tests.

McAllister will take charge of the team on Saturday for their game against Stoke at Villa Park.

Mr Faulkner said Houllier sounded "positive" when he spoke to him."

I must admit I used to chuckle at the chant:

"he's fat, he's French, he collapses on the bench, Houllier, Houllier"

Ok I'm going to burn in hell.

Hopefully, this will blow a hole in Villa's form, and they'll take a bullet for Blackburn. Fingers crossed that the stand-in is as competent as Alan Partridge.

Houllier should quit. I don't know if it is down to high levels of stress, a bad diet, genetics or some combination of the above, but this kind of job can't help.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Houllier because he sort of (don't ask me how) reminds me of my late grandmother. I suspected that his tenure as Villa boss wasn't going to end well, although I didn't think it would be due to ill health. He does look noticeably older then when he was last managing in this country. He left Liverpool seven years ago I know, but still.

• 1 month later...