Old Board vs New Board

The Fish

Give me this team over the one we had when Ashley bought us every single time. Anybody here feel the opposite?

I like the team better now but they had better quality players and more of chance to break into Europe when dickface first took over.

No mate, they had players that we're perceived as better quality, when in fact they were by and large overpaid lazy has beens.

Perhaps, although we have lower aspirations for the team now. Most supporters are happy just to stay up this season so the current crop are over achieving in this sense.

As we were then :lol:

Meaning we were happy to stay up then with the that team that finished 5 points off relegation.

There you are Alex, as simple as I can put it.

That's not correct though. As I've already pointed out we didn't 'just' stay up and the vast majority of supporters weren't happy with our performance that season.

The expectations of that season came from having a team full of 60k p/w+ players signed for big fees, nothing to do with actual quality unfortunately.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me this team over the one we had when Ashley bought us every single time. Anybody here feel the opposite?

I like the team better now but they had better quality players and more of chance to break into Europe when dickface first took over.

No mate, they had players that we're perceived as better quality, when in fact they were by and large overpaid lazy has beens.

Perhaps, although we have lower aspirations for the team now. Most supporters are happy just to stay up this season so the current crop are over achieving in this sense.

Meaning we were happy to stay up then with the that team that finished 5 points off relegation.

That's not correct though. As I've already pointed out we didn't 'just' stay up and the vast majority of supporters weren't happy with our performance that season.

The expectations of that season came from having a team full of 60k p/w+ players signed for big fees, nothing to do with actual quality unfortunately.

and so we played in europe more times in 15 years than everybody but 4 other clubs for the money. Thats probably about right. At least somebody is happy with a side that will sell its best players to attempt to balance the books while watching revenue go down and the team with it.

and so we played in europe more times in 15 years than everybody but 4 other clubs for the money. Thats probably about right. At least somebody is happy with a side that will sell its best players to attempt to balance the books while watching revenue go down and the team with it.

the team is in a higher position now than it was when the club was last sold. why do you constantly fucking ignore this.

the team is in a higher position now than it was when the club was last sold. why do you constantly fucking ignore this.

its also in a higher position than Notts Forest when Brian Clough resigned, do you also think that makes Chris Hughton a better manager than Brian Clough ? ;)

PS Apologies to Chris Hughton if he's looking, I'm sure you have more brains that Skidders ....

As we were then :yahoo:

its also in a higher position than Notts Forest when Brian Clough resigned, do you also think that makes Chris Hughton a better manager than Brian Clough ? :brrr:

PS Apologies to Chris Hughton if he's looking, I'm sure you have more brains that Skidders ....

We aren't talking about managers we're talking about owners :lol:;) ;) :D:angry::good::headphonedance::dances:

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

As we were then :yahoo:

its also in a higher position than Notts Forest when Brian Clough resigned, do you also think that makes Chris Hughton a better manager than Brian Clough ? :brrr:

We aren't talking about managers we're talking about owners :lol:;) ;) :D:angry::good::headphonedance::dances:

in that case, you think the owners of football clubs run the teams ? Those Glaziers are doing a great job aren't they ?

:steamtrain:

I think you should go and do your xmas shopping lad. You're out of your depth :steamtrain:

Poster 			Posts
AshleysSkidMark 	162
LeazesMag 	108

That'll be down to me replying to points people put to me, as opposed to making convenient exits when somebody posts something that blows my argument apart, only to return a few hours later, half cut, spouting the same shite that I was spouting before completely ignoring the fact that I'm saying something that has already been torn to bits earlier.

As we were then :brrr:

its also in a higher position than Notts Forest when Brian Clough resigned, do you also think that makes Chris Hughton a better manager than Brian Clough ? :steamtrain:

in that case, you think the owners of football clubs run the teams ? Those Glaziers are doing a great job aren't they ?

I think you should go and do your xmas shopping lad. You're out of your depth :icon_lol:

So after defending the club debt under Shepherd, you're now implying that the Glazier's aren't doing a great job, when the criticism of them is the club debt. You're something else :yahoo:

It's just a bit sad that's all.

Why like? I prefer coming here to discuss things to do with the football club. I find the high volume of general chat and banter you engage in a bit sad :lol:

Milner, Duff, Martins, Owen, Given, Beye, Bassong, and N'Zogbia all moved to clubs who have qualified for europe and/or stayed in the premiership while we went down. So much for them being "has beens".

You don't half talk some shit.

Seriously leazes, theres not many of them Id swap for the players playing in their respective positions now. Given and Bassong and thats probably about it.

bollocks. Milner, N'Zogbia, a fit Owen, Beye would piss into the current team, and do you seriously think Duff would not be better than Routledge and Martins preferable to Ameobi or Lovenkrands, in spite of their limitations ?

Words fail me.

Milner, Duff, Martins, Owen, Given, Beye, Bassong, and N'Zogbia all moved to clubs who have qualified for europe and/or stayed in the premiership while we went down. So much for them being "has beens".

Seriously leazes, theres not many of them Id swap for the players playing in their respective positions now. Given and Bassong and thats probably about it.

bollocks. Milner, N'Zogbia, a fit Owen, Beye would piss into the current team, and do you seriously think Duff would not be better than Routledge and Martins preferable to Ameobi or Lovenkrands, in spite of their limitations ?

Words fail me.

Nzog where? In Ben Arfa's position? Or Jose's? Oh perhaps in his 'preferred' central role ahead of who? Tiote? Nolan?

As we were then :brrr:

its also in a higher position than Notts Forest when Brian Clough resigned, do you also think that makes Chris Hughton a better manager than Brian Clough ? :steamtrain:

I think you should go and do your xmas shopping lad. You're out of your depth :icon_lol:

So after defending the club debt under Shepherd, you're now implying that the Glazier's aren't doing a great job, when the criticism of them is the club debt. You're something else :yahoo:

the things you want as football fans, goes like this lad.

1. Trophies

2. European football

although some within the game put european football before the League Cup, and even the FA Cup.

What you don't want is

1. no hope of qualifying even for europe

2. Relegation

Under your man, he has brought both of these to your football club. Congratulations on your wisdom and the implication that we have seen the light and aren't trying our best to find anything near the success that ManU have achieved.

As we were then :steamtrain:

:icon_lol:

I think you should go and do your xmas shopping lad. You're out of your depth :steamtrain:

the things you want as football fans, goes like this lad.

1. Trophies

2. European football

although some within the game put european football before the League Cup, and even the FA Cup.

What you don't want is

1. no hope of qualifying even for europe

2. Relegation

Under your man, he has brought both of these to your football club. Congratulations on your wisdom and the implication that we have seen the light and aren't trying our best to find anything near the success that ManU have achieved.

:brrr:

Words fail me.

Nzog where? In Ben Arfa's position? Or Jose's? Oh perhaps in his 'preferred' central role ahead of who? Tiote? Nolan?

Ben Arfa is only a loan signing, because your man won't pay the fee. He might end up at a club that will stump up the cash, like Wigan.

Tiotte is the only player signed since keegan resigned that would get into the team he left behind. If you can't see that, your blinder than I thought.

We didn't have european football when Ashley bought us :lol:

as PP said elsewhere, it takes someone a bit specially stupid to infer that the people who gave you Champions League football aren't vastly superior to those who gave you the Championship. ;)

Edited by LeazesMag

Words fail me.

Ben Arfa is only a loan signing, because your man won't pay the fee. He might end up at a club that will stump up the cash, like Wigan.

Tiotte is the only player signed since keegan resigned that would get into the team he left behind. If you can't see that, your blinder than I thought.

Beye is in his mid thirties and can't get a game at Villa, we've got Simpson who was recently tipped for an England call up. ;) What about Williamson? Oh and wait there, isn't Kevin Nolan the highest scoring midfield player in the entire division? Aye, he wouldn't get into Keegan's team though :lol:

We didn't have european football when Ashley bought us :lol:

as PP said elsewhere, it takes someone a bit specially stupid to infer that the people who gave you Champions League football aren't vastly superior to those who gave you the Championship. ;)

A point irrelevant to the one quoted? Never in creation ;)

The team that Keegan left behind was only 2 players short of the team that got us relegated, and you're bigging them up against the ones that have us in the top half of the table and referring to them as superior. Top form that like Leazes

The team that Keegan left behind was only 2 players short of the team that got us relegated, and you're bigging them up against the ones that have us in the top half of the table and referring to them as superior. Top form that like Leazes

It wasnt the players that got us relegated is was the mismanagement of the club. That team would not have been relegated had we not had a farce of management.

Words fail me.

Beye is in his mid thirties and can't get a game at Villa, we've got Simpson who was recently tipped for an England call up. ;) What about Williamson? Oh and wait there, isn't Kevin Nolan the highest scoring midfield player in the entire division? Aye, he wouldn't get into Keegan's team though :lol:

long way to go this season yet kiddah.

Not so long ago, some people were saying the mackems were no better than us for the money they spent.....ho hum.

Really interested to see you take on the new manager Leazes;

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6604813,00.html

He talks about "having a big club mentality and holding onto our best players", so instantly thought of you and this thread. I know your issue has always been the boards willingness to back the manager, but in the brief interviews I've seen he doesn't appear to be the type of guy to toe the party line.

Given our current board, we need a manager who will push the spotlight onto the board to twist their arm into making signings and retaining players.

The HBA signing took a very long time, I wonder how it would have played out under Pardew?