Old Board vs New Board

The Fish

If you can't get any enjoyment from a derby massacre, then you're basically on a wind-up or a cunt.

if you think one win against an average team suddenly makes Mike Ashley a sooper dooper owner and that the club is going places then you're a moron.

Never said that.

Read it again.

where did I say I didn't enjoy it ? Of course I enjoyed it. So read my posts again.

Look at the bigger picture, as also posted by Happy Face and JawD.

You've been nowhere to be seen until Shepherd or Muslims were mentioned. Only then has your usual tripe surfaced.

eerrr....what tripe is that ? Please show me where I am wrong ?

You're making things up you idiot. Read the posts and look at the bigger picture. If we go down, will beating or yes even thrashing the mackems be any good to us rather than a few wins against other teams that don't matter so much ?

But firstly, show me the posts where I am incorrect, presumably in my comments about the old board I take it, and prove it.

Do it or fuck off replying to me.

Save it. Even in praise you seem determine to piss on people's chips.

so you aren't going to point towards this "tripe" then ?

Thought not.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't get any enjoyment from a derby massacre, then you're basically on a wind-up or a cunt.

if you think one win against an average team suddenly makes Mike Ashley a sooper dooper owner and that the club is going places then you're a moron.

Never said that.

Read it again.

where did I say I didn't enjoy it ? Of course I enjoyed it. So read my posts again.

Look at the bigger picture, as also posted by Happy Face and JawD.

You've been nowhere to be seen until Shepherd or Muslims were mentioned. Only then has your usual tripe surfaced.

eerrr....what tripe is that ? Please show me where I am wrong ?

You're making things up you idiot. Read the posts and look at the bigger picture. If we go down, will beating or yes even thrashing the mackems be any good to us rather than a few wins against other teams that don't matter so much ?

But firstly, show me the posts where I am incorrect, presumably in my comments about the old board I take it, and prove it.

Do it or fuck off replying to me.

Save it. Even in praise you seem determine to piss on people's chips.

so you aren't going to point towards this "tripe" then ?

Thought not.

:lol:

I should add 'pick and choose your arguments' to the list, too.

Our odds to go down are longer now than they were when Shepherd left.

Be interesting to know which club currently has the formula that we believe is right for us.

Putting asisde Man Utd or an arabian shiek, what is the next best realistic club that we could be like.

Shepherd struck lucky as well by being in the right place at the right time and although the ride was good, we won nowt, ended up massively in debt with a squad full of wankers on silly money. At the very least we should have been left with a solid foundation of a club to build on.

What our club is crying out for is an excellent football administrator at the top who can guide Ashley in the right direction.

Not that it's a particular good indicator anyway imo but I find it hard to believe we were shorter odds than 7-1 (which is about the average) in the summer the club was sold.

Not that it's a particular good indicator anyway imo but I find it hard to believe we were shorter odds than 7-1 (which is about the average) in the summer the club was sold.

We were 16/1 to go down I remember that vividly we were 4/1 at the start of this season. The bookies had us "ranked" 17th in the Premiership below Wigan, West Ham, Stoke, and Bolton which tells you our perceived station.

Also, (in the style of leazes of multiple replying to one post) I never said you were wrong. In a roundabout way I was asking where you are when we do well.

I've been on here and other boards since almost day 1 mate, obviously including when we were playing in the Champions League and buying the top players that got us there. Where have you been ?

Just tell me what rubbish I'm spouting. I'm spouting facts. Obviously so far as muslims are concerned, it will take time, but I'm sadly confident that I am right. They are winning, Islam will rule the world through weight of numbers but the softies are accelerating it, and I don't like people coming to this country telling me what I can and can't say then turn around and say their "homeland" is elsewhere. Especially when they heckle our troops and haven't got the balls to go out and fight them in situations when they can retaliate.

1st point) Pretty much the same, just not posting as much. I joined sometime in '02 I think . I was also here or hereabouts when it slowly started to go wrong and when Ashley completed the great NUFC fuck-up '05-'09. Don't for a second think I'm fairweather, mate. I'm just younger.

2nd point) Again, I'm neither saying you're wrong or spouting rubbish. In certain areas I actually agree with you. I'm a paranoid sod at times and also worried about the future but you come across as, whether you intend to or not, as curmudgeonly (sp?), blinkered and disagreeable. You're nowhere to be seen when times look good (or better at least for the time being) and only seem to pipe up when money, poor performances or past experiences are mentioned. You're probably a lovely bloke in real life and you believe you're telling the truth as you see it, but by god you don't come across well on here.

Although some posters on here hold you in high esteem so I perhaps missing something.

fair comment.

1. don't know why you didn't post before, if you didn't, I haven't looked at your history [but I will in a minute] to see if you were anybody else before.

2. [also touching on point 1]. Where was I when things were going well ? If you're a long term poster or lurker, you will know that I was on here most of the time and, more so in the case of Newcastle Online, I've now been banned for spending the best part of 2-3 years telling everybody they should be enjoying the good times of europe etc and top quality players instead of listening to them all that time complaining about how it all wasn't good enough, embarrassing, anybody but Fred would do better etc etc. Long term posters will confirm this is absolutely true. I was banned for "ruining" the board but basically doing what you are doing now which is telling the moaning twats to stop moaning. The difference of course being that back then, we really did have a good team and a good ambitous outlook within the football club, unlike now.

Basically, my views are still the same. They always have been. I think if we are playing in europe and buying top players this is what we should be demanding as supporters, and appreciating it when it happens and hoping to win the trophy[ies] to go with it instead of complaining about what amounts to pretty much fuck all but bad PR [who seriously cares], but if we are not aiming for this sort of standard, we have every right to complain and demand change because it's what happens on the pitch that counts, on a consistent basis.

Sunday was great. We beat our rivals. They have never beat us 5-1 in my time, the heaviest defeat was the 4-1 win when Gary Rowell scored a hat trick, but we have had the edge on them for a long time now both in derby games and general league positions. Long may it continue, but I would not be happy beating the mackems then fighting a relegation battle and losing it or generally struggling because it just isn't good enough.

Edited by LeazesMag

In all honesty if I was offered a choice between the pair of them I wouldn't know who to pick.

Shepherd - Wonderful times and plenty of lovely memories but that was then; and memories is all we've got to show for it. He couldn't possibly compete in todays game.

Ashley - Terrible owner with a penchant for upsetting everybody when we're least expecting it and has turned or is turning us into one gigantic sports direct logo. However, is learning to keep his mouth shut a little more and seems to have shown some (adfmittedly forced) shrewdness in the transfer market. Hughton is turning into an accidental masterstroke.

How if he's got investors bankrolling him?

Because he'd offer Roy Hodgson £500k p/w just before liverpool sack him, pay them compensation for their troubles then sign Giggs and Scholes on 10 year deals, paying them both monthly with blank cheques.

tongue-in-cheek but funny tbf.

As for Shepherd having investors 'backing him' surely that has to be a complete nonsense theory. He wouldn't offer them anything apart from a more expensive way of acquiring players that could probably be got for less. Well that and unwanted press.

Shepherd's time has passed; it ended when the banks stopped chucking money about. He doesnt have the personal wealth (or inclination) to do it using his own money. Ashley does have the personal wealth (despite his more recent losses) and I believe once had the inclination to spend big, gambling his own money as long as he saw a playboy owner's lifestyle in store and a big return on exit. That doesnt apply anymore and so theres no chance of big spending at all under MA, but I do think there's more of a sense of protecting his investment nowadays, which will hopefully be to our benefit if and when a suitable takeover is tabled.

'Planning' or 'vision' are words that will just never apply to MA at NUFC so we'd all be wasting our breath there, but what I think is noticeable is how competitive you can still make yourself in the Prem just by having a team with the right attitude. Players that want to go out there and play for the shirt, themselves and their manager. We've not had that for years tbf.

Again Ashley's got lucky in that by landing Hughton (and the indirect effect of relegation ridding us of bloated 'stars' on frankly absurd wages that would never compensate for their complete lack of motivation in being here). If he fucks about in the slightest with Hughton's new contract however then he is beyond redemption quite frankly.

Apologies, I'll rephrase :lol:

Our odds to go down are longer now than they were when Shepherd's last appointed manager left.

Apologies, I'll rephrase :icon_lol:

Our odds to go down are longer now than they were when Shepherd's last appointed manager left.

but who actually took us down ?

You're priceless.

but who actually took us down ?

You're priceless.

Ashley, with a squad predominantly consisting of players from Shepherd's reign.

:icon_lol:

In all honesty if I was offered a choice between the pair of them I wouldn't know who to pick.

Shepherd - Wonderful times and plenty of lovely memories but that was then; and memories is all we've got to show for it. He couldn't possibly compete in todays game.

Ashley - Terrible owner with a penchant for upsetting everybody when we're least expecting it and has turned or is turning us into one gigantic sports direct logo. However, is learning to keep his mouth shut a little more and seems to have shown some (adfmittedly forced) shrewdness in the transfer market. Hughton is turning into an accidental masterstroke.

How if he's got investors bankrolling him?

Because he'd offer Roy Hodgson £500k p/w just before liverpool sack him, pay them compensation for their troubles then sign Giggs and Scholes on 10 year deals, paying them both monthly with blank cheques.

tongue-in-cheek but funny tbf.

As for Shepherd having investors 'backing him' surely that has to be a complete nonsense theory. He wouldn't offer them anything apart from a more expensive way of acquiring players that could probably be got for less. Well that and unwanted press.

Shepherd's time has passed; it ended when the banks stopped chucking money about. He doesnt have the personal wealth (or inclination) to do it using his own money. Ashley does have the personal wealth (despite his more recent losses) and I believe once had the inclination to spend big, gambling his own money as long as he saw a playboy owner's lifestyle in store and a big return on exit. That doesnt apply anymore and so theres no chance of big spending at all under MA, but I do think there's more of a sense of protecting his investment nowadays, which will hopefully be to our benefit if and when a suitable takeover is tabled.

'Planning' or 'vision' are words that will just never apply to MA at NUFC so we'd all be wasting our breath there, but what I think is noticeable is how competitive you can still make yourself in the Prem just by having a team with the right attitude. Players that want to go out there and play for the shirt, themselves and their manager. We've not had that for years tbf.

Again Ashley's got lucky in that by landing Hughton (and the indirect effect of relegation ridding us of bloated 'stars' on frankly absurd wages that would never compensate for their complete lack of motivation in being here). If he fucks about in the slightest with Hughton's new contract however then he is beyond redemption quite frankly.

Spot on. However do not underestimate Mike's propensity for hoofing a gift horse in the stotts.

Moving the goalposts is the phrase I'd apply :icon_lol:

fair comment.

1. don't know why you didn't post before, if you didn't, I haven't looked at your history [but I will in a minute] to see if you were anybody else before.

2. [also touching on point 1]. Where was I when things were going well ? If you're a long term poster or lurker, you will know that I was on here most of the time and, more so in the case of Newcastle Online, I've now been banned for spending the best part of 2-3 years telling everybody they should be enjoying the good times of europe etc and top quality players instead of listening to them all that time complaining about how it all wasn't good enough, embarrassing, anybody but Fred would do better etc etc. Long term posters will confirm this is absolutely true. I was banned for "ruining" the board but basically doing what you are doing now which is telling the moaning twats to stop moaning. The difference of course being that back then, we really did have a good team and a good ambitous outlook within the football club, unlike now.

Basically, my views are still the same. They always have been. I think if we are playing in europe and buying top players this is what we should be demanding as supporters, and appreciating it when it happens and hoping to win the trophy[ies] to go with it instead of complaining about what amounts to pretty much fuck all but bad PR [who seriously cares], but if we are not aiming for this sort of standard, we have every right to complain and demand change because it's what happens on the pitch that counts, on a consistent basis.

Sunday was great. We beat our rivals. They have never beat us 5-1 in my time, the heaviest defeat was the 4-1 win when Gary Rowell scored a hat trick, but we have had the edge on them for a long time now both in derby games and general league positions. Long may it continue, but I would not be happy beating the mackems then fighting a relegation battle and losing it or generally struggling because it just isn't good enough.

Thank you for replying in such a manner but I kind of feel we're going around in circles, here. And I don't mean just me and you...

It confuses me slightly that you think that qualifying for europe and paying through the nose was good enough for us then, because when you boil it down, that's all it was. We got nothing out of it but fading memories. If we have the right to demand better now, surely we had the right to demand better then don't we? We were having to get into Europe through Intertoto towards the end. It was embarrassing because deep down we knew we hadn't earned it. We were getting laughed at. I was never a 'anyone but Freddy' sort of guy, but when you looked back over your shoulder the good times were gone and the last 2 years weren't pleasant.

But I digress, your perfectly entitled to your opinion and it does you credit that you have such strength in your convictions (christ, I'm getting patronising! Sorry.) but so are those who feel that things are going, dare I say it, OK for now.

Which brings me back to another point. I've been wondering why you're strangely absent here. This season. Now when things are looking up, Not back on N-O or Toontastic in whatever time you're mentioning, but when a result goes well for us THIS season.

That is all. You don't really have to answer but I was curious.

fair comment.

Thank you for replying in such a manner but I kind of feel we're going around in circles, here. And I don't mean just me and you...

It confuses me slightly that you think that qualifying for europe and paying through the nose was good enough for us then, because when you boil it down, that's all it was. We got nothing out of it but fading memories. If we have the right to demand better now, surely we had the right to demand better then don't we? We were having to get into Europe through Intertoto towards the end. It was embarrassing because deep down we knew we hadn't earned it. We were getting laughed at. I was never a 'anyone but Freddy' sort of guy, but when you looked back over your shoulder the good times were gone and the last 2 years weren't pleasant.

But I digress, your perfectly entitled to your opinion and it does you credit that you have such strength in your convictions (christ, I'm getting patronising! Sorry.) but so are those who feel that things are going, dare I say it, OK for now.

Which brings me back to another point. I've been wondering why you're strangely absent here. This season. Now when things are looking up, Not back on N-O or Toontastic in whatever time you're mentioning, but when a result goes well for us THIS season.

That is all. You don't really have to answer but I was curious.

I'm absent from here ? Am I ? I didn't really realise that if it's true. I've posted in lots of other threads, on General chat too. I don't normally post in these threads like "pick your best 11" etc etc because basically I just find them boring.

Thanks for replying in such a way too, I also agree with you to a point having different opinions is what it's all about.

Don't want to piss on anybody's chips because they are my chips too :lol: but the defeats against Blackpool and the way we played are a concern. Although the win at West Ham makes up for one of them, you could say. Thing is though, poor - average at best teams are inconsistent like this. Inconsistency is the sign of a struggling side, its no good saying "if we had beat Blackpool we would have been 5th" or whatever, if you're a good side you get consistent results and perform more consistently well.

I realise that signing good players means paying money, but if its the going rate it has to be done, or you will be looking upwards in the league instead of downwards, and we are one of the biggest clubs with the biggest resources.

Don't want to piss on anybody's chips because they are my chips too :lol: but the defeats against Blackpool and the way we played are a concern. Although the win at West Ham makes up for one of them, you could say. Thing is though, poor - average at best teams are inconsistent like this. Inconsistency is the sign of a struggling side, its no good saying "if we had beat Blackpool we would have been 5th" or whatever, if you're a good side you get consistent results and perform more consistently well.

We played ok against Blackpool IMO. Their keeper had a blinder, and they took the game to us away from home credit to them, but we still had enough chances to win the game.

Honestly speaking I think performance wise we have been relatively consistent. The results may not have been, but the effort seems to always be there. It's a long season though so I'm not getting carried away, but if we can maintain the current level of team spirit I don't think we'll be drawn into a relagation battle.

We're inconsistent but we're not struggling, we're 7th, so how does your comment "Inconsistency is the sign of a struggling side" apply?

Like I said. Your true home is on Newcastle Online, with all the other spotty 10 year old arseholes, if you seriously don't understand that.

We're inconsistent but we're not struggling, we're 7th, so how does your comment "Inconsistency is the sign of a struggling side" apply?

Like I said. Your true home is on Newcastle Online, with all the other spotty 10 year old arseholes, if you seriously don't understand that.

So you can't explain it then? :lol:

The thing is there is only 6 points between 5th and 19th after 10 games, not unlike the season before last when we were relegated.

No one but the top 3 have found any sort of consistency, so anyone's argument whether the team is great, average or worse is moot.

Let's wait until May 2011 before we start offering sexual favours to Ashley for all he's done.

We played ok against Blackpool IMO. Their keeper had a blinder, and they took the game to us away from home credit to them, but we still had enough chances to win the game.

Honestly speaking I think performance wise we have been relatively consistent. The results may not have been, but the effort seems to always be there. It's a long season though so I'm not getting carried away, but if we can maintain the current level of team spirit I don't think we'll be drawn into a relagation battle.

Performance wise the only games I have been unhappy with were ManU, Stoke (second half - but all credit to them) and Wigan (but at least we fought back). Even the Arsenal game we performed OK all things considered. We can consider ourselves unlucky against Blackpool and especially Man City (cheating cunts).

We haven't had our dip in from yet, but it will come, guaranteed. Probably this weekend.