Scotland are better than Ireland

Guest Tuco Ramirez

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland > Scotland

As a country and people probably, but can't see it in football.

there isnt much between the two lineups out tonight (though I still think we shade it) but if everyone was fit (and in S.Irelands case willing to play) I think we're a fair bit ahead of the scots.

Some of the Irish youngsters starting to break through for their clubs should be playing for us by now, the likes of Seamus Coleman (who really does look class for Everton so far) and James McCarthy (now a regular for Wigan) should be starting for us, like Stevie says, too many plodders in our team these days, needs freshening up. There's also a very promising looking lad from Chelsea (not that he'll make it there) called Conor Clifford who is one of only players from the British Isles who can get into their youth team regularly.

At the end of the day I still reckon our starting line up is better and more dangerous than Scotland at present especially if we were to pick what I see as the best team we could put out.

All in all there isn't much between Scotland Wales and ourselves at the moment and I think people from all 3 countries are far too harsh on the national teams considering the relatively tiny populations.

wellllll - there are countries with similar populations who do better TBF

Rob when I was a youngun, there was a cartoon called Henry's Cat, and the song went "he knows everything about nothing, and not too much about that." When I think of that now I think of you. Other than Uruguay, with a similar population to them, who have done better than Scotland and Ireland (and don't say Denmark).

Croatia.

Albeit a young country, but have still gone further in a major tournament than Ireland or Scotland have.

You look at the standard of players they consistently produce and they are better than both Ireland and Scotland.

Ireland > Scotland

there isnt much between the two lineups out tonight (though I still think we shade it) but if everyone was fit (and in S.Irelands case willing to play) I think we're a fair bit ahead of the scots.

Is he ever going to play for Ireland again? Its just the embarrassment of being caught lying like an idiot keeping him out imo.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Some of the Irish youngsters starting to break through for their clubs should be playing for us by now, the likes of Seamus Coleman (who really does look class for Everton so far) and James McCarthy (now a regular for Wigan) should be starting for us, like Stevie says, too many plodders in our team these days, needs freshening up. There's also a very promising looking lad from Chelsea (not that he'll make it there) called Conor Clifford who is one of only players from the British Isles who can get into their youth team regularly.

At the end of the day I still reckon our starting line up is better and more dangerous than Scotland at present especially if we were to pick what I see as the best team we could put out.

All in all there isn't much between Scotland Wales and ourselves at the moment and I think people from all 3 countries are far too harsh on the national teams considering the relatively tiny populations.

Rob when I was a youngun, there was a cartoon called Henry's Cat, and the song went "he knows everything about nothing, and not too much about that." When I think of that now I think of you. Other than Uruguay, with a similar population to them, who have done better than Scotland and Ireland (and don't say Denmark).

Croatia.

Albeit a young country, but have still gone further in a major tournament than Ireland or Scotland have.

You look at the standard of players they consistently produce and they are better than both Ireland and Scotland.

You can have that one.

Ireland > Scotland

Is he ever going to play for Ireland again? Its just the embarrassment of being caught lying like an idiot keeping him out imo.

I doubt he'll play for us again but he's still only 24 so who knows, apparently there was more to it than just the granny incident, think he claimed there was a lot of dressing room bullying going on as well (from the former Reading lads IIRC). Wish he'd swallow his pride and come back for us though.

Ireland > Scotland

I doubt he'll play for us again but he's still only 24 so who knows, apparently there was more to it than just the granny incident, think he claimed there was a lot of dressing room bullying going on as well (from the former Reading lads IIRC). Wish he'd swallow his pride and come back for us though.

Looked a bit lost so far this season for Villa so he might be best left out! :D

Croatia.

Same goes for Wales :lol:

The thing about Ireland is that we definately do not have the players but the manager has got a rigid system that he has drilled into the players heads and they stick to it. We are hard to beat (one competitive defeat under Trapattoni) but can't hold onto a lead.

People say Keane only scores in the 'easy' games but 41 goals in 101 caps is a huge haul in a team that has been largely rubbish over the last 10 years.

If we were to play Scotland over 2 legs I would go for us to win narrowly.

I wish the manager decided to blood in McCarthy or use Fahey more instead of calling up Paul Fucking Green. Awful player. Seamus Coleman should be getting more of a look in ahead of Paul McShane, who is the worst footballer I think I've ever seen.

On the thing about producing players, the League of Ireland is ridiculously weak, whereas the Croation league for example, would be a lot stronger throughout the divisions. Same goes for Wales. At least Scotland has a bit of a better standard, so out of the 3 nations, perhaps Scotland are underachieving.

McShane is shocking. No idea how he played in the PL for so long.

I like the look of Seamus Coleman.

Coleman looks class so far alright, we should really throw him in imo, get rid of Kilbane and swtich O'Shea to left back.

McShane is poor, but for me the real shocker is Kilbane and his 105 caps, sweet holy jesus what has he done to get even half of those...More dumbfounding than Heskey for England.

Edited by TicTacWoe

105. im shocked.

Officially an Eire legend now though. :lol:

He's our most capped player of all time :lol:

Given should over take him one day though.

and there he goes and gets a goal for us, typical

There was one season for Everton where he was good tho.. When they had Marcus Bent up front, that bald midfielder in the middler(what's his name) and they were playing a 4-5-1. It was the best i saw Everton. Less reliant on free kicks. Had a good system on the wings...

Still don't know how he's most capped. The Cascarino head on em!

105. im shocked.

Officially an Eire legend now though. :lol:

He's our most capped player of all time :lol:

Given should over take him one day though.

and there he goes and gets a goal for us, typical

There was one season for Everton where he was good tho.. When they had Marcus Bent up front, that bald midfielder in the middler(what's his name) and they were playing a 4-5-1. It was the best i saw Everton. Less reliant on free kicks. Had a good system on the wings...

Still don't know how he's most capped. The Cascarino head on em!

Gravesen, or even our own (sort of) Lee Carsley for that matter, but yeah Kilbane was decent earlier on in his career, was actually very impressive when he was at West Brom as a youngster, but the last 5 years hes been utter gash

Edited by TicTacWoe