Best starting 11?

harrynufc

I don't think Jonas can play anywhere other than the wings tbh. Although that's based on a half under Kinnear where he played through the middle. Can't remember the match but I think someone went off injured and instead of making the logical switch he shuffled about 4 players around with shambolic results. That said, I think you need a football brain to play in the middle, which he doesn't have imo.

Out left in a midfield 3? With Ben Arfa playing deep off the two strikers, there is more support in central midfield, allowing Jonas to give width when needed?

Am just shoe-horning the club captain and the star signing into the same 11 tbh.

Sounds a bit lightweight in the middle to me.

ATTACK!!!!!

Depends on how good Lexington Steele is in the holding role.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
I don't think Jonas can play anywhere other than the wings tbh. Although that's based on a half under Kinnear where he played through the middle. Can't remember the match but I think someone went off injured and instead of making the logical switch he shuffled about 4 players around with shambolic results. That said, I think you need a football brain to play in the middle, which he doesn't have imo.

Out left in a midfield 3? With Ben Arfa playing deep off the two strikers, there is more support in central midfield, allowing Jonas to give width when needed?

Am just shoe-horning the club captain and the star signing into the same 11 tbh.

ATTACK!!!!!

who?

ATTACK!!!!!

who?

Tiote.

ATTACK!!!!!

Attack from a solid base though. That's where the Villa game was won, i.e. in midfield.

ATTACK!!!!!

Attack from a solid base though. That's where the Villa game was won, i.e. in midfield.

Are we going to drop Nolan or not start Ben Arfa then?

I'd play Barton, Tiote & Jonas in a midfield 3, Ben Arfa floating around behind Nolan and Carroll. In that formation, i'd want Perch's pace on the right as he would need to get forward to give us some width.

If we play 4-4-1-1 with Ben Arfa off Carroll, then putting Taylor behind Routledge would work for me.

Yep would agree with first formation anyway...

ATTACK!!!!!

Well, I'd probably drop Nolan, but that won't happen. I think Ben Arfa will start off wide-left (coming in for Routledge, as Holden suggested) with Jonas on the right. That'll leave Barton and Smith/Tiote (the latter'll probably be eased in) playing in the middle with Nolan looking to support the front man. Like Stevie, I think we'll play different teams home and away too. So I'm basically on about the next home game.

Edited by alex

Guest Tuco Ramirez

ATTACK!!!!!

Just googled Lexington Steele :jesuswept: fuckin hell, there's been enough big cocks on my pc this week what with Monkeys Fist saying google Lee Ryder, now this, and The Fish posting. Oh dear.

ATTACK!!!!!

who?

Well I think it was genius

ATTACK!!!!!

Just googled Lexington Steele :jesuswept: fuckin hell, there's been enough big cocks on my pc this week what with Monkeys Fist saying google Lee Ryder, now this, and The Fish posting. Oh dear.

:icon_lol:

ATTACK!!!!!

Well, I'd probably drop Nolan, but that won't happen. I think Ben Arfa will start off wide-left (coming in for Routledge, as Holden suggested) with Jonas on the right. That'll leave Barton and Smith/Tiote (the latter'll probably be eased in) playing in the middle with Nolan looking to support the front man. Like Stevie, I think we'll play different teams home and away too. So I'm basically on about the next home game.

Aye, am only thinking about Blackpool too. Hence the attacking nature of the formation. Away to e.g. Chelsea i'd be playing 2 holding in the middle.

I doubt Hughton will shift Jonas to the right, his understanding with Jose is what keeps that side of the team together.

ATTACK!!!!!

Aye, am only thinking about Blackpool too. Hence the attacking nature of the formation. Away to e.g. Chelsea i'd be playing 2 holding in the middle.

I doubt Hughton will shift Jonas to the right, his understanding with Jose is what keeps that side of the team together.

Good point that actually and I think you're right there. It'll be interesting to see how we line up on the 11th.

Our 23 man squad...

Ameobi, Barton, Ben Arfa, Best, Campbell, Coloccini, Enrique, Forster, Guthrie, Gutierrez, Harper, Krul, Lovenkrands, Nolan, Perch, Routledge, Simpson, Smith,

R.Taylor, S.Taylor, Tiote, Williamson, Xisco.

Why are we naming a player who will not be playing for us this season?? Jesus are we really that thread bare...

Cos if Krul or Harper get injured we will recall him? Makes sense to me

So far we have played with a 4231 formation and I reckon we will be sticking with it. Smith/Barton and Tiote sitting in front of the back 2, with 3 supporting Carroll.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Cos if Krul or Harper get injured we will recall him? Makes sense to me

So far we have played with a 4231 formation and I reckon we will be sticking with it. Smith/Barton and Tiote sitting in front of the back 2, with 3 supporting Carroll.

You still not going to games?

----------------Harper

Simpson Williamson Colo Enrique

----------Barton - Tiote

Routledge - Ben arfa - Jonas

-------------Carroll

use smith instead of barton when he's injured, or Guthrie. We are horribly exposed at right back btw. none of the 3 that are there are any where near good enough. when leading any of the bigger teams i'd put campbell on as he's still got enough experience. though whether his shorts would fit is another point. fat fucker...

ATTACK!!!!!

Quality :jesuswept:

45 difficult minutes of a premiership debut at Old Trafford against one of the best wingers in the world and people reckon Simpson is better than Perch?

Madness. Simpson is just about Championship standard, Perch played very well against Villa and although he got away with a penalty against Wolves, it was about the only thing he did wrong on an afternoon he looked very bright going forward.

Simpson is lightweight, has no great pace and is positionally suspect. Perch is a better player.

Don't particularly rate Simpson but one thing he does appear to have is pace from what I've seen. I actually thought he looked comfortable at CB/sweeper alongside Taylor last season too when he played there. That said, I could've played sweeper in some of our home games last year. Hyperbole, but you get the point. Agree about people writing Perch off too quickly btw.

Don't particularly rate Simpson but one thing he does appear to have is pace from what I've seen. I actually thought he looked comfortable at CB/sweeper alongside Taylor last season too when he played there. That said, I could've played sweeper in some of our home games last year. Hyperbole, but you get the point. Agree about people writing Perch off too quickly btw.

To be fair it mostly seems with Perch (and it is with me) that everyone who is ciritical is saying they just don't believe he'll be good enough for the prem, but that they'll give him time to show it or not. I'm certainly going to give him a full season before i would write him off completely, but as i've said before, the fact Forest fans seemed to like the bloke and wish him well but didn't even think he was good enough for the championship is troubling!

He's certainly an athlete, he has the pace and engine to get up and down the flanks, he's pretty tall so should be decent in the air for set pieces and his positioning can hopefully be worked on, but mainly he was signed because he was cheap cover for several positions and we didn't have much cash.

To be fair it mostly seems with Perch (and it is with me) that everyone who is ciritical is saying they just don't believe he'll be good enough for the prem, but that they'll give him time to show it or not. I'm certainly going to give him a full season before i would write him off completely, but as i've said before, the fact Forest fans seemed to like the bloke and wish him well but didn't even think he was good enough for the championship is troubling!

He's certainly an athlete, he has the pace and engine to get up and down the flanks, he's pretty tall so should be decent in the air for set pieces and his positioning can hopefully be worked on, but mainly he was signed because he was cheap cover for several positions and we didn't have much cash.

Agree with the last statement probably being the case like. It did smack of that, which is why I made the earlier point about (how if he isn't good enough) we'll have wasted money on 3 RBs (Ryan Taylor, Simpson and Perch) when we should've just bought one decent one (especially as Steven Taylor is probably a better RB than the 3 I've mentioned - and I'm not his biggest fan, as you know). I'm not writing him off yet though :jesuswept:

Agree with the last statement probably being the case like. It did smack of that, which is why I made the earlier point about (how if he isn't good enough) we'll have wasted money on 3 RBs (Ryan Taylor, Simpson and Perch) when we should've just bought one decent one (especially as Steven Taylor is probably a better RB than the 3 I've mentioned - and I'm not his biggest fan, as you know). I'm not writing him off yet though :jesuswept:

Yeah, like you say its often false economy to gamble on a few cheap players instead of paying more for proven quality in one go. I think we'll have to hope that as he's young Perch will keep progressing and that his fitness and pace will help get him out of some mistakes he makes positionally.