What's for lunch that's interesting or a bit different and isn't just a ham sandwich or some beetroot

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Coastline at Blyth has aiways been nice when I’ve been. Admittedly not tried the burgers though. Who the fuck gets a burger from the chip shop anyway? ;) 

When the menu is the size of a family saloon I admit I get a little bamboozled. 

• Haha 2

More good news, dude who laughed at me is from Sicily. I was exceedingly short with him and glared at the ignorant fucker when his lovely female colleague came over to say “yes that’s fine please go ahead” etc. If you don’t hear from me for a few days just  to say I’ve really enjoyed posting on here :good: 

• Haha 4

Speaking of unintelligible freaks, I’m spending the next 9-10 hours in Wisbech. 

I almost dropped in on Meenzer but as I went past his gaff I noticed the net curtains were drawn and Gnorman the Gnarden Gnome was turned towards the wall, so I took it as meaning he was WFH*

That, and my “passenger” was starting to come round- even with the ball gag and the sack on her head this one’s a proper screamer, so I didn’t want to upset the neighbours- maybe next time Meenz? 

So, Wisbech… absolute pig fuckers  

* WFH- either Working From Home or :omgwank: Furiously Hard.… 

… potayto potahto. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I almost dropped in on Meenzer but as I went past his gaff I noticed the net curtains were drawn and Gnorman the Gnarden Gnome was turned towards the wall, so I took it as meaning he was WFH*

That, and my “passenger” was starting to come round- even with the ball gag and the sack on her head this one’s a proper screamer, so I didn’t want to upset the neighbours- maybe next time Meenz? 

… potayto potahto. 

:lol: I've been in Folkestone and Dover (not a euphemism) polishing off the North Downs Way (also not a euphemism), so fuck knows who's been messing with my Gnorman.

WIsbech, eh? Webbed toes or extra fingers come as standard there; if you really hit the jackpot, you're born with both.

• Haha 3

On 03/09/2024 at 12:47, Monkeys Fist said:

… potayto potahto. 

Aye but what did you have for dinner? Don't fucking dare say a ham sarnie or a bit of beetroot!

• Haha 3

On 25/08/2024 at 09:44, Gemmill said:

Aye, fired the starting gun on the national obesity crisis. 

In my head, it was the place on the corner under the John Dobson Street NCP. Last time I saw it, it was a Frankie and Benny's. 

Think there was also one at the Warner multiplex which became Northumbria University, near Manors, whose old enough to remember that? Also some Mexican place iirc. 

When I was at Uni I house shared with a lad who worked at Deep Pan Pizza. He used to take loads of it home after his shift as a "perk". I ate the stuff for breakfast, lunch and tea for a whole year. Oh for the days I could do that and still be 28 inch waist. It was massively popular once mind. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Think there was also one at the Warner multiplex which became Northumbria University, near Manors, whose old enough to remember that? Also some Mexican place iirc. 

When I was at Uni I house shared with a lad who worked at Deep Pan Pizza. He used to take loads of it home after his shift as a "perk". I ate the stuff for breakfast, lunch and tea for a whole year. Oh for the days I could do that and still be 28 inch waist. It was massively popular once mind. 

"Ehhhhh what's up doc? I'd like to welcome you to a Warners cinema..... WELCOME!" 

Tremendous place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Went to the Warner Bros cinema loads of times. Back when the idea of a multiplex was exciting. Wasn’t the Mexican place a Chiquito’s? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

"Ehhhhh what's up doc? I'd like to welcome you to a Warners cinema..... WELCOME!" 

Tremendous place.

Is that Spuggy off Byker Grove? 

• Haha 2

Today I worked from home so had the lunch I always have when I wfh:

three egg omelette 

two slices sourdough 

homemade scotch bonnet and garlic hot sauce 

homemade slaw 

200.gif?cid=7ad0e14cbbahx361c5q2endhzssf

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Went to the Warner Bros cinema loads of times. Back when the idea of a multiplex was exciting. Wasn’t the Mexican place a Chiquito’s? 

Loved that place. They also had the semi-legendary “Deep Pan Pizza co”, which in the early 90s was something of an exotic treat, that offered an all you can eat pizza buffet for about a fiver. My old man always used to lay down the challenge to see how many slices we could all eat to really get our money’s worth; a challenge always duly accepted by my brother and me - a couple of greedy and competitive teenagers at the time  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Aye, deep pan downstairs and chiquitos upstairs. We went there when id been out all day on the piss, got home, zonked out as I'd been on night shift the night before, five minutes of shaking me from my drunken slumber to tell me her waters had broken so I was in for another day and night without sleep. (I think she had a bairn later on, I can't remember?)

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Just reread back further up the thread to see I wasn’t alone in my love of the deep pan pizza co :lol: 

The one near BHS was the training ground for their staff, the fully trained ones worked at Warner bros. (That was our theory anyway). :lol:

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Aye, deep pan downstairs and chiquitos upstairs. We went there when id been out all day on the piss, got home, zonked out as I'd been on night shift the night before, five minutes of shaking me from my drunken slumber to tell me her waters had broken so I was in for another day and night without sleep. (I think she had a bairn later on, I can't remember?)

Bit inconsiderate but I’m sure you forgave her 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Bit inconsiderate but I’m sure you forgave her 

Eventually, it was our first and wasn't supposed to be so early! Luckily she's 22 now so all's well that ends well. :lol:

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Having an unplanned extra night in the Death Wagon, in the middle of North Wales- only source of bait is the M&S Food garage next to where I’m parked. 
IMG_3392.thumb.jpeg.adcccc126dbbffdd192f506923f81712.jpeg

Ffs. 

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Having an unplanned extra night in the Death Wagon, in the middle of North Wales- only source of bait is the M&S Food garage next to where I’m parked. 
IMG_3392.thumb.jpeg.adcccc126dbbffdd192f506923f81712.jpeg

Ffs. 

Italian Hand GIF

• Haha 4