What's for lunch that's interesting or a bit different and isn't just a ham sandwich or some beetroot

wykikitoon

Just had an amazing 3-course Indian lunch courtesy of my friend's son who is at catering college. As part of their assessment they have to cook and their family and friends are invited to the 'restaurant' to be served lunch. Currently stuffed and the bairn is having a post-lunch nap!

Could murder an Indian, like, but not in an Amritsar way.

I had a lovely, simple mushroom omlette with a few frozen garden peas thrown in. Had some of this.....

mexican-jalapeno-sauce-PD_3.jpg

......poured on and it just goes great with an omlette.

Some of Wifes facebook friends ranting and raving over this 'Kingdom' place in the town. We were in town today so as I'm at the match tonight I said I'd take her even though I'm not too keen on buffets and I wasn't starving, (lets face it, you have to be very hungry or just be a greedy bastard to get anything out of a buffet). Anyway, I was sold this as it's meant to be a food of the World place which swung it for me. What a load of shite! 75% of it was Chinese and it was £9.50 just for dinner time! £14.99 on an evening!! For a bog standard Chinese buffet with a couple of token efforts from elsewhere! Then after paying by card you get to your table you're told to go to the bar for drinks which I did, I get a pint and a coke for her and am told I have to spend more than a fiver!!!! I told the kid I'd just spent nineteen fucking pound less than five minutes ago so he got my drift and gave me my drinks. If your lass tells you such and such off facebook reckons 'Kingdom' is fab and you should go, tell her she can go there with such and such instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I tell you what would have been for lunch had I not been called back to my house by the British gasman that's come round to fix my boiler this arvo - a roast chicken dinner at the in-laws, plus a rather nice fresh cream chocolate roulade for pudding.. bloody typical!

• 1 month later...

Home made cold pasta salad with a home made slice of mushroom, red onion, bacon and cheese quiche.

pynu3y9a.jpg

with the obligatory white bread on the side. three helpings of carbs ... superb. couldn't you have got some beans on the plate too?

:lol:

When you and the Mrs are going at it, do you have a buttered slice on the bedside table CT, just in case?

Undoubtedly useful. It'll come in handy for energy during the event, energy after the event or even to lubricate the face prior to a messy session of cunnilingus.