What's for lunch that's interesting or a bit different and isn't just a ham sandwich or some beetroot

wykikitoon

Falafel sandwich.

one of my favourite foods. falafel stands are the equivalent of macdonalds in places like israel, lebanon and jordon, except a million times better.

you basically go somewhere like this

3530478102_ae55427378_z.jpg

most street corners have one. then spend about 5 minutes choosing which salads, pickles, chilis and sauce you'd like added to the mix.

until you end up with something that looks like this

IMG_11044.jpg

all served up in a proper, thick fluffy pitta bread. not the cardboard things you get over here.

then once you've consumed about half of the bread, if things get a bit dry as the sauce and salad runs out, you go back and tuck into more

20090207_160526nikond80.jpg

love it.

Have you tried Maoz in Soho, Gloomy? Don't know if you're ever out and about in that neck of the woods these days, but they do the whole open falafel sandwich, sauce & salad bar thing. Not as authentic (or as much fun) as the Levantine holiday experience, I'm sure, but easily the best thing with which to start/end a night out within a considerable radius of Old Compton Street. :good:

Have you tried Maoz in Soho, Gloomy? Don't know if you're ever out and about in that neck of the woods these days, but they do the whole open falafel sandwich, sauce & salad bar thing. Not as authentic (or as much fun) as the Levantine holiday experience, I'm sure, but easily the best thing with which to start/end a night out within a considerable radius of Old Compton Street. :good:

Yeah. There are a couple in the west end aren't there? Best I've had on these shores. Eaten at their chains in Barcelona and Amsterdam. The dam one was one of the best things I've ever eaten, for obvious reasons....

Speaking of old Compton street, there's an awesome pizzeria there. Forget its name now but it's one of my favourites in London. Run by a load of dodgy mafia types apparently but don't let that put you off

Maoz is pretty decent; they let you take the piss out of the toppings as well!

Falafels're really easy to make - you can just eyeball a can of chickpeas with tahini and breadcrumbs then add anything else you fancy. Like hummus rolled into balls basically. Generally a pinch of curry powder and garlic does the trick.

The ones I used to do at the restaurant were rolled in flour and breadcrumbs then deep fried until they were golden. They sold out in an hour the first time I made them. :D Be buggered if i know where the recipe is but I must've scribbled it down somewhere.

Speaking of old Compton street, there's an awesome pizzeria there. Forget its name now but it's one of my favourites in London. Run by a load of dodgy mafia types apparently but don't let that put you off

Porchetta?

Not lunch, but Ive just had a Sainsburys fresh Spinach and Ricotta Canelloni.

Absolutely magnificent (even if its got Horse in it).

Why cook.

My girlfriend packed her bags and left me because of my fetish of inserting pasta up her arse.

I'm feeling Cannelloni right now

Porchetta?

Don't think there's a branch of theirs properly centrally is there? (like their pizzas a lot though).

Can picture a few pizzerias in/around OCR though I've never been to any. To be honest I pretty much assume any business in that neck of the woods is tied up in all kinds of dodgy stuff. :D

Don't think there's a branch of theirs properly centrally is there? (like their pizzas a lot though).

Can picture a few pizzerias in/around OCR though I've never been to any. To be honest I pretty much assume any business in that neck of the woods is tied up in all kinds of dodgy stuff. :D

Quick google search says I'm right and you're wrong Martin, and may it forever be thus.

Oh, I was thinking of this lot: http://laporchetta.net/

Different thing?

Think it must be, because that looks nice and this looks ropey

https://plus.google.com/116297336021408725261/about?gl=uk&hl=en

Food is good though and it's open all hours. Been for cocktails on Rathbone place and took a lass there after for a slice of pizza and a glass of wine.

Edited by The Fish

My girlfriend packed her bags and left me because of my fetish of inserting pasta up her arse.

I'm feeling Cannelloni right now

Write her a letter …..

" Dear Tooj's Lass

The pasta few days since you've gone has made me realise I lost you for fusilli reasons.

It was mafalde, not yours - I let my bum spaghetti perversion spiralli out of control.

I thought I'd penne this to say sorry. I Marille sorry.

Will you come round and I'll try to make it up to you- I've got fizzy wine and your favourite film on TV, I know you love Cavatelli. "

Sorted mate ;)

Write her a letter …..

" Dear Tooj's Lass

The pasta few days since you've gone has made me realise I lost you for fusilli reasons.

It was mafalde, not yours - I let my bum spaghetti perversion spiralli out of control.

I thought I'd penne this to say sorry. I Marille sorry.

Will you come round and I'll try to make it up to you- I've got fizzy wine and your favourite film on TV, I know you love Cavatelli. "

Sorted mate ;)

:lol: