Robbie Keane

JawD

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You two are a fucking ridiculous pair of idiots, it has to be said. How you don't both get bored of these shit arguments is beyond me.

You could start a thread now about how Ibrahimovic has gone to Milan and he'd reply in it wittering on about how we'd have once been going for this type of player. I don't just think he's wrong for a number of reasons, he's a fucking tedious old bastard and I don't know why or how others on here can just put up with it or ignore him. He goes into completely unrelated threads and provokes the arguments, then if somebody bites and takes him apart, he can't see that he's being shown up. Even if you try and reason with him or probe into his beliefs and try to understand by asking him genuine questions e.g regarding finances, he doesn't reply with anything other than a massively defensive counter question. I'm actively punching my monitor at some of the dumb shit he dribbles.

I'll actively contain myself from biting for the benefit of you folks but i think he should be told to stop the references, however subtle, to the old board in unrelated threads. And enforce it if he doesn't.

my point, and look back to where you disagreed and entered into it, stands. If we want quality players, why not just pay a fee for them instead of loaning them ?

Do other people prefer us to loan players like this rather than buy them, there are obviously disadvantages and advantages to both sides of the coin, but its important to be progressive if you want to keep your best players and make progress.

Basic point this.

You two are a fucking ridiculous pair of idiots, it has to be said. How you don't both get bored of these shit arguments is beyond me.

You could start a thread now about how Ibrahimovic has gone to Milan and he'd reply in it wittering on about how we'd have once been going for this type of player. I don't just think he's wrong for a number of reasons, he's a fucking tedious old bastard and I don't know why or how others on here can just put up with it or ignore him. He goes into completely unrelated threads and provokes the arguments, then if somebody bites and takes him apart, he can't see that he's being shown up. Even if you try and reason with him or probe into his beliefs and try to understand by asking him genuine questions e.g regarding finances, he doesn't reply with anything other than a massively defensive counter question. I'm actively punching my monitor at some of the dumb shit he dribbles.

I'll actively contain myself from biting for the benefit of you folks but i think he should be told to stop the references, however subtle, to the old board in unrelated threads. And enforce it if he doesn't.

.com reckon it's not happening.

Leazes finds fame at last. ;)

but I'm right Gemmil. Aren't I ;)

So's Gemmill ;)

So's Gemmill ;)

you still got your teeth did you say :icon_lol:

So's Gemmill ;)

you still got your teeth did you say :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

If we're going to have these bickering arguments (obviously the ideal would be not to have them), could the guilty parties refrain from quoting every previous bit of bickering within said thread. Its obvious who you're each replying to, and I'm pretty sure there's no one going through things with a fine-tooth comb to see exactly what each party said and how they responded before every fucking tedious post. Its not a fucking game of chess where you can go through each move and see how cleverly player a set up player b in his trap before pouncing.

Just quote the post you are responding to, although you're not really responding to the previous post tbh

IMO

my point, and look back to where you disagreed and entered into it, stands. If we want quality players, why not just pay a fee for them instead of loaning them ?

Do other people prefer us to loan players like this rather than buy them, there are obviously disadvantages and advantages to both sides of the coin, but its important to be progressive if you want to keep your best players and make progress.

Basic point this.

And Robbie Keane is not in his prime, he's getting on and there'd be no value to tying him to a long term deal. What benefit is there of paying a fee for this player?

Yawn.

I suppose appointing Chris Hughton is unambitious but appointing Kevin Keegan, who had never managed before, was a statement of intent to the football world ? ;)

see thompers, you don't answer me, because you harp on about the last few years but are unable to put the whole Hall/Shepherd era into it's correct context.

Mike Ashley will never match the european qualifications and league positions, the changes to the club, the raising of the clubs profile, that they did while he has a hole in his arse.

You should let this go, and accept it. Finishing 14th is not good enough for a club like us, it never is, and we need owners who realise this and understand this and attempt to do better, much better.

To be fair, if, hypothetically, Hall and Shepherd were to take over now, they'd be unlikely to replicate that sort of success either. However ambitious you are (and that's not to say we shouldn't aspire to great things, of course we should), to do the kind of things we did in the mid-90s would require someone with Man City levels of wealth to chuck money at us. No-one should ever forget or denigrate the success we had under that regime, but we shouldn't repeat their mistakes either.

If we were to get Keane, even on loan, I don't see how anyone could argue we haven't shown a reasonable level of ambition in the transfer market.

I disagree. The only player we have bought is a below average full back for 1m quid. What money are you talking about here, and how do you think he can get the crowds [and revenue] back to their old levels ?

Edit. I have never actually claimed the Halls and Shepherd can match the arabs or Abramovic, only that they were right at their particular time, but the one thing that has to remain constant is an awareness of the size of the football club and hence having the correct ambition for it.

Did you "forget" that we BOUGHT a midfielder that played in the world cup? ;) Oh that doesn't suit your argument, of course you forgot :icon_lol:

the proof will be in the final league positions thompers, not just this season, but in the next 2 or 3. I'm willing to bet you that Mike Ashley doesn't match the Halls and Shepherd's league positions. Fancy it ?

I'm willing to bet that he at least matches the number of major trophies that the Halls and Shepherd won, fancy that?

sidestepping ....... I bet you he doesn't match the league positions. What about it ?

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I've never suggested that he will, so why would you offer that bet? Are you suggesting that achieving those league positions now is as on the same level of difficultly as it was then?

No. I'm stating quite categorically that he won't match their league positions. As you think the old regime was so shit, what are you afraid of ?

The fact that there wasn't cash rich billionaires bankrolling clubs when Shepherd did that?

Listen thompers. The club was in a far, far worse position in 1991/92 when the Halls and Shepherd took it over than it was when Mike Ashley took it over. Mike Ashley will never match the european qualifications and league positions of the Halls and Shepherd. Are you going to bet me or not ?

If not, then shut the fuck up :icon_lol:

Mike Ashley will at least equal the number of major honours Shepherd had to show for his massive ambition. Are you going to bet me or not?

If not, then shut the fuck up :icon_lol:

In a way I have to agree with Leazes, i.e. our policy should be about buying good players rather than loaning them. However, that's probably not realistic and, in the specific case of Robbie Keane, I think a loan's a much better deal than signing him on a four year contract or whatever.

isn't the Champions League the "honour" these days ?

thompers isn't prepared to bet me that his man matches the league positions of his predecessors.

Says everything.

Move on .....

Edited by LeazesMag

In a way I have to agree with Leazes, i.e. our policy should be about buying good players rather than loaning them. However, that's probably not realistic and, in the specific case of Robbie Keane, I think a loan's a much better deal than signing him on a four year contract or whatever.

We've signed a world cup midfielder. We've loaned an eccentric midfielder with an option to buy, sensible, as you'd like to know if he'll settle before paying the money, and we've tried to loan Keane, sensible, because he's not a long term solution. I think we're quite capable of buying players if it's a sensible deal, which given the clubs finances at present, is welcomed by me.

thompers isn't prepared to bet me that his man matches the league positions of his predecessors.

Says everything.

Move on .....

Because I've never said that Ashley would match his league positions, or suggested it. Prick

Mike Ashley will at least equal the number of major honours Shepherd had to show for his massive ambition. Are you going to bet me or not?

If not, then shut the fuck up ;)

so Portsmouth had fab owners because they won the FA Cup ?

Make your mind up lad. ;)

Says everything.

Move on .....

Because I've never said that Ashley would match his league positions, or suggested it. Prick

because he won't. And you know it.

He might manage another promotion though, before he goes. ;)

So Leeds had fab owners because they qualified for the Champions League and spent big money

Make your mind up lad :icon_lol:

Says everything.

Move on .....

Are you unable to grasp that Ashley is still picking up the pieces of Shepherd's mess? Or do you think the slate was instantly wiped clean as part of the takeover process? ;) You're either incredibly ignorant or just thick as fuck

Says everything.

Move on .....

Are you unable to grasp that Ashley is still picking up the pieces of Shepherd's mess? Or do you think the slate was instantly wiped clean as part of the takeover process? ;) You're either incredibly ignorant or just thick as fuck

Like I said son, this "mess" was nowhere near as bad as the one in 1991/92. Do you grasp this, told to you by someone with first hand knowledge, or are you as thick as fuck :icon_lol:

Says everything.

Move on .....

He might manage another promotion though, before he goes. :icon_lol:

Like I said son, this "mess" was nowhere near as bad as the one in 1991/92. Do you grasp this, told to you by someone with first hand knowledge, or are you as thick as fuck :icon_lol:

The mess in 91/92 has nothing to do with Ashley though ;)

So Leeds had fab owners because they qualified for the Champions League and spent big money

do you not want to play in the Champions League again ?

Kindly tell us how we should do it.....

By getting into a position where the club runs at a profit, as opposed to a loss. These profits can then by invested to buy good players.

Spending lots on players whilst running at a loss is a little bit silly, do you agree?

Do you understand that if you're running at a loss, that no expendable income is earned to spend on players? Therefore the only way to buy would be to borrow?

Do you agree that borrowing money to buy players whilst the club is running at a loss is irresponsible?

By getting into a position where the club runs at a profit , as opposed to a loss. These profits can then by invested to buy good players.

Spending lots on players whilst running at a loss is a little bit silly, do you agree?

Do you understand that if you're running at a loss, that no expendable income is earned to spend on players? Therefore the only way to buy would be to borrow?

Do you agree that borrowing money to buy players whilst the club is running at a loss is irresponsible?

please tell us, in your idealistic little world, which clubs have done this :icon_lol:

Have you read and tried to absorb the basic fundamental football-business points which PP explained to you ?

Anyone who suggests buying a player is better than loaning with an option to buy is stupid.

LeazesMag your argument would stand up so much better if Hall/Shepard had won anything or hadn't left us in the shit. It bugs the hell out of me that you attribute Keegan and Robson's good work to Hall/Shepard, while justifying it by comparing shit to shitter.