Newcastle United 6 (SIX) - 0 Aston Villa

Deano

I was trying to remember if there had ever been a result that was more surprising to me in all of my years of watching. The only one that I could think of was the ManU 5-0, but even with that we had a hell of a team and expected to win every week.

So my claim the most unexpected result in 40 years.

Hereford doesn't count before somebody comes the smartarse

don't mention that in the same week we play Accrington Stanley

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
"No moustache has caused quite as much suspicion since the IAAF’s unscheduled dawn visit to Caster Semenya’s house."

The Telegraph.

:lol: fpmsl

Great result!!

Fantastic for the teams confidence they now know they can beat a top 6 side from last season, still a hell of a long way to go and with the thin squad that we have, luck will play a major part this season.

Perch did well yesterday, it does amuse me when people write players off after a handful of performances!! especially when they have never played at this level, give them a chance!!

Honest to god I think you're Alan Shearer. I'm psychic, I really am, not fucking about I am psychic. I think you're Alan Shearer. Written like an ex pro too.

Certainly not an ex pro!! just fookin hate knee jerk reactions!!

Not every player hits the ground running, it's like all this talk about Carrol for England totally premature, if he is still banging in the goals and proving a real handful to the opposition defenders in the new year then yes but after 2 games in the top flight!!!

Great result!!

Fantastic for the teams confidence they now know they can beat a top 6 side from last season, still a hell of a long way to go and with the thin squad that we have, luck will play a major part this season.

Perch did well yesterday, it does amuse me when people write players off after a handful of performances!! especially when they have never played at this level, give them a chance!!

Honest to god I think you're Alan Shearer. I'm psychic, I really am, not fucking about I am psychic. I think you're Alan Shearer. Written like an ex pro too.

Certainly not an ex pro!! just fookin hate knee jerk reactions!!

Not every player hits the ground running, it's like all this talk about Carrol for England totally premature, if he is still banging in the goals and proving a real handful to the opposition defenders in the new year then yes but after 2 games in the top flight!!!

:lol:

finally just managed to download MOT2 and see the goals...........Bloody hell!

I know its only highlights but what a performance.

Bartons goal was orgasmic and Carolls last......Fucking hell!

Ofcourse its early days but the great team spirit of last year is still there and that combined with some of that excellent play will undo enough teams this season.

I know I shouldnt but "Bring on the mackems".

So next run of games: wolves (3pts), blackpool (3pts), Everton (1pt-3pt)), Stoke (1pt)

I can honestly see us carrying momentum from this match and winning our next four before we play man city. That would be amazing, 6 games in - 15 points. Not the hardest of opposition, Everton have struggled to perform in their first two, Stoke have lost both their games. Not out of the question. Would love to remain in the top half of the table :-D

Now that he's good, I can finally tell people I went to school with him.

EDIT: Well, year above me but it counts.

Got any stories about him? :lol:

He was caught fisting himself in the toilet at lunchtime :huh:

So next run of games: wolves (3pts), blackpool (3pts), Everton (1pt-3pt)), Stoke (1pt)

I can honestly see us carrying momentum from this match and winning our next four before we play man city. That would be amazing, 6 games in - 15 points. Not the hardest of opposition, Everton have struggled to perform in their first two, Stoke have lost both their games. Not out of the question. Would love to remain in the top half of the table :-D

DWLD

8 points. You have us on 13 points out of 18 :lol: