A Level Results..

Kevin

But were does the B come from? If a university states specific A-Level requirements they don't fuck about or want tiresome excuses. You need to have stone cold grades that hit their targets, otherwise you'll be knocked back.

And Fish that advice was as weak as these valium.

BBC = I already have a B in ict, kay. Thats one sorted.

Business studies - I got amazing coursework marks, i didnt want to say it but i will, i got 40% in the test, something i could of worked harder for but i was cocky becuase i got so high in my coursework. That's got me a C overall. If i repeat the module in November/January and i work for it i will get it up, anything above 70% should get me an A, better than a B.

Moving images (which I got the D in) - I was only two off a C, get the test remarked and if it fails to bounce i'll resit it. in moving images i aim to make a superb proper film, rather than animation which i knew nothing about. So get that up to a C by resits etc. and if i still cant get it up if i work hard enough next year it should go up to a C.

Work hard, keep them grades up and i'll come out with BBC or even ABC. BBC is needed to get into my course at jordanstown, i'll double check when the ucas site's back to normal but im nearly sure you need ABC for newcastle uni.

Politics is dropped, keep that off UCAS, uni's will think i only done 3 A Levels. It's not as simple as it sounds, i still need to work hard like.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think originally you've underestimated your expectations to acheive well in these exams, and I think you will continue to do so based on your negative response to advise.

Moving Images sounds just as equivalent to General Studies, its there to fill the void and it's not regarded highly to universities.

I think originally you've underestimated your expectations to acheive well in these exams, and I think you will continue to do so based on your negative response to advise.

Moving Images sounds just as equivalent to General Studies, its there to fill the void and it's not regarded highly to universities.

What do you mean?

Moving images, i thought it would've been good, interesting and all that. Turns out to be shit.

What are you doing in september then?

What do you mean?

Moving images, i thought it would've been good, interesting and all that. Turns out to be shit.

I'm with Acid. Moving images doesn't sound like a proper subject to me, more like made up bollocks or something you'd do to pass the time if you were special needs. If you resit why not do something a bit more relevant to ICT?

What do you mean?

I'm with Acid. Moving images doesn't sound like a proper subject to me, more like made up bollocks or something you'd do to pass the time if you were special needs. If you resit why not do something a bit more relevant to ICT?

I was thinking about repeating the year, but i'd know absolutley nobody, be a loner, be a year behind everyone else in uni.

28.7% of university applicants didn't get into their course *gulp*

Oh and moving images ain't that bad. My cousin got into Newcastle uni to do maths with it? she needed 3 A's or something. She did maths and all aswell like.

I really dont fucking know what to do.

If I repeat i will be doing business studies, computing science and construction (2 alevels).

I'll also get a chance to repeat GCSE maths, because i need a B in maths to do alevel computing.

Isn't that being influenced by others, and being considerably narrow-minded affecting you to accept serious advice and develop as your own person? To add, it seems the case that your friends are impeding on your choices, therefore that explains why you see independecy as in working and earning money opposed to travelling, intaking a different culture and getting involved in voluntary work.

This is why you'd never comprehend Northumbria university because your afraid of a different lifestyle.

You're doomed Kevin, but I wish you well.

ah the student life sounds good :icon_lol: jordanstown's supposed to be amazing aswell (partying wise). I was in the halls and on the campus about 8 years ago. strangley enough i remember what it looks like, giant kitchens and the works.

what stops your food being stole :)?

If anyone steals your food, piss in their drawers.

Will do ;)

do it anyway,we pulled all kinds of shit on each other

Absolutely. Plastic dustbin filled with water leaning against someone's door, knocking and then running was always a favourite trick :scratchchin:

When my brother went to uni they were refurbing the halls and they had to live in prefab halls which weren't too dis-similar to portakabins. For some reason the doors had a water-tight seal around them. Anyway one kid was being a complete arse so they drilled through his wall from the next room, connected a hose pipe and flooded his room :aye:

If I repeat i will be doing business studies, computing science and construction (2 alevels).

I'll also get a chance to repeat GCSE maths, because i need a B in maths to do alevel computing.

Why don't you, I don't know, have this conversation with your family? Or your friends?

Instead of a bunch of strangers on the internet whose advice you ignore anyway?

Why don't you, I don't know, have this conversation with your family? Or your friends?

Instead of a bunch of strangers on the internet whose advice you ignore anyway?

If you had the choice to talk things through with the lads off here or Kevin's familyand friends, which would you choose?

Oh and Kevin, I did shit in my A levels. Had to take a year out and it turned out to be the best thing I did. Had zero effect on my professional life since so I wouldn't worry too much. Resit one of them, go travelling for 6 months and start uni next year a year older and a year wiser. And shag as many girls as you can manage.

Didn't you once say you got an offer for medical school, something that usually requires three A's? In fact four A's now.

Regardless, your advice to Kevin is out of date now I'd think.

No I got an offer as a mature student when I finished my original degree on the 4 year course at Newcastle. In hindsight I don't think I would have lasted 3 months on the course

kev, make sure you get your loan app in proper early

not sure if its the same system over your place but they are generally just a pile of horrific retards whove never been able to handle the job they have getting people their money on time

How much do you get as a student loan? do you get to decide or is it a set amount.

I'm sort of worried about not being able to find a job in belfast/newcastle and relying on my student loan for the year.

Also.. for people who've been to uni, what's better, having your own house or the halls?

halls first year no doubt about it, get stuck in with some strangers makes you come out of your shell and gets you involved in a hell of a lot of parties and stuff

as for student loan, they'll cover all of your tuition fees and the loan to you depends on your parents finances, if theyre over the threshold moneywise then that base amount it about 3500 of the top of my head, then you need to think student bank account, go for the best overdraft deal that gives you the most money and the most time, post uni, to pay it back without interest dont get drawn in by "free ipod" etc because the accounts and terms make more than the amount an ipod costs back off you in no time

I was thinking of staying in the halls. i probably will. sounds a lot better. would £3500 be enough for food, drink and everything else?

depends how youre paying the rent/halls cost to be honest, Ive managed fine since my parents could cover my halls costs but if youre paying it all out of your loan you'll need a job

Snap. I was fortunate enough that my parents paid my rent costs and tuition fees. I worked 20hours pw to pay for general living costs. Was a shitter at the start of term when everyone got a £1k loan to blow, but well worth it in the end as I finished uni debt free.

I used to find it funny how people moaned about being skint but wouldn't entertain the idea of getting a summer job or a part-time one during the term.

• 4 months later...

Hello.

I just got off the phone with a girl from university of ulster. She gave me a choice, because i only have a C in GCSE maths, computer science at jordanstown you need a B. she said that i can chose to repeat the maths and she will give me an offer (she said shes giving me offers for Magee (x2) and Coleraine). If i chose not to repeat maths she would allow me to change my choice to ICT, instead of computer science, where you need a C at GCSE. would it be worth trying to get a B in it in may? or should i not risk it and drop to ICT.

I know, i was on a high B 2 years ago. Thats the thing, I haven't done it in 2 years, so far im going for repeating. have to ring the woman back tomorrow so my mind has to be made up by then :/