A Level Results..

Kevin

I genuinely believe people go to University too young in general. I certainly did and have been trying to rectify my mistakes ever since. At I went in the days before fees and graduates actually got jobs though.

I went as a mature student and was staggered at how many of the nippers were utterly clueless, didn't want to be there, and had no idea what to do next.

I was the same but then I was only back as a mature student having been one of the utterly clueless and lazy nippers that dropped off having went in at 17/18...

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to get thinking first. Just allow me to think for myself for a little bit up in here.

Up in where?

That's the best thing you can do at this point...think. Don't rush into anything. You work at maccies so you won't end up on the dole. You can afford to take your time, even if it means missing out on college/uni this year. And if you want any advice on computer programming type career stuff, I'll advise you from my own experience.

I have another year of upper 6th. I apply for uni in january. we'll see how things turn out in the next few weeks.

Do you even know if computer programming is for you? You may hate it.

I need to get thinking first. Just allow me to think for myself for a little bit up in here.

It's probably been suggested already, but have you tried asking for a voluntary placement with an IT company?

At least then you can see if you like the work, gain some valuable experience, and get some valuable contacts and references.

You have said elsewhere you want more shifts at Maccy D's, so you clearly have plenty of spare time- put it to good use.

You can do that ;)? I doubt someone would just let me in but.

You get the opportunity to do work placements at Uni as well but if you just send whoever an e-mail and say that you're interested in gaining some experience, some places might have places for you. It won't hurt to ask; worst thing they say is No, best thing is you get some valuable experience and one up on other people when you eventually apply for work.

Up in where?

That's the best thing you can do at this point...think. Don't rush into anything. You work at maccies so you won't end up on the dole. You can afford to take your time, even if it means missing out on college/uni this year. And if you want any advice on computer programming type career stuff, I'll advise you from my own experience.

I have another year of upper 6th. I apply for uni in january. we'll see how things turn out in the next few weeks.

Do you even know if computer programming is for you? You may hate it.

It's probably been suggested already, but have you tried asking for a voluntary placement with an IT company?

At least then you can see if you like the work, gain some valuable experience, and get some valuable contacts and references.

You have said elsewhere you want more shifts at Maccy D's, so you clearly have plenty of spare time- put it to good use.

You can do that ;)? I doubt someone would just let me in but.

So you haven't tried....

My first year of work, from age 16, was voluntary.

Any decent company will take it as a sign that you are keen- what's the worst that can happen-You decide I.T. isn't for you.

Nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying

:) but why exactly?

For the experience. Degree. Party lifestyle. Independence.

But you don't want to 'cross the water'?

These reasons were all valid in the 80s and 90s but I'm not so sure now, canny expensive way to get a shag and do drugs tbh.

:) but why exactly?

For the experience. Degree. Party lifestyle. Independence.

But you don't want to 'cross the water'?

These reasons were all valid in the 80s and 90s but I'm not so sure now, canny expensive way to get a shag and do drugs tbh.

I duno about crossing ze water. I might head to the great north east.

Drugs and mugs are a plus aswell i spose.

In that respect, and this is meant with all the sincerity in the world, you need to get the fuck off here and spend your time sorting out what you want to do with your life. I'm not taking the piss here Kevin, you're at one of the biggest cross-roads you're likely to come across in life.

In that respect, and this is meant with all the sincerity in the world, you need to get the fuck off here and spend your time sorting out what you want to do with your life. I'm not taking the piss here Kevin, you're at one of the biggest cross-roads you're likely to come across in life.

Aye.

I don't even know if im back into school for deffs yet, just lemmie think, kay?

Haven't been in education for 30+ years, if I resat all my O levels and A levels tomorrow using today's standard of paper I'd be gutted if I didn't get at least B's all round.

Aye.

wait these weren't your final a-level results just your a/s level ones?

if thats the case get remarks resit some tests and knuckle down your final year, fuck sake i thought you were looking to goto uni in a few months

Nahhhhhh dude, only AS Levels.

oh ffs we had a 13 page thread for 1/2 a result basically fuck me.

remark, resit.

end of.

we have a 50 page thread for an interview for mcdonalds :)

Aye.

wait these weren't your final a-level results just your a/s level ones?

if thats the case get remarks resit some tests and knuckle down your final year, fuck sake i thought you were looking to goto uni in a few months

Nahhhhhh dude, only AS Levels.

:)

Perhaps you'd have passed if you didn't spend so much time on here?

Seriously, just checked your profile, 34 posts on average a day, 1800 in less than 2 months. Says it all. I'm not exactly a regular here and half the posts I read on here seem to have your name on them or quoted in them.

Perhaps you'd have passed if you didn't spend so much time on here?

Seriously, just checked your profile, 34 posts on average a day, 1800 in less than 2 months. Says it all. I'm not exactly a regular here and half the posts I read on here seem to have your name on them or quoted in them.

It's summer I'm bored.

And I'm a fucking legend.