GCSE's and applying for Uni

Kevin

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where else to apply for.. i'm currently filling in UCAS. My choices so far..

Northumbria University (N77)

Computer Science (G400)

Campus: Main Site (-)

Start date: September 2011

Live at home while studying? N

Deferred entry? N

Point of entry:

Queen's University Belfast (Q75)

Computer Science including Professional Experience (4 years) (G400)

Campus: Main Site (-)

Deferred entry? N

Point of entry:

University of Ulster (U20)

Computing Science (G400)

Campus: Jordanstown (J)

Deferred entry? N

Point of entry:

Just added computer forensics in northumbria to that.. looks good :angry: also one was Ethnical Hacking which was interesting.. another was computing and networking but i think that's for retards cause you only need 120UCAS points to get in (3 E's, 1 A, 2 C's etc.).

Just added computer forensics in northumbria to that.. looks good :angry: also one was Ethnical Hacking which was interesting.. another was computing and networking but i think that's for retards cause you only need 120UCAS points to get in (3 E's, 1 A, 2 C's etc.).

£20 says Kev ends up on "Computing & Networking".

£20 says its better paying than a window cleaner.

Have you looked at any overseas courses Kevin? (outside of the U.K./Ireland)

expensive?

Should keep his options open imo, there are some cheaper courses, in Bangladesh for instance, and the grade requirements are sometimes lower so it could be a route for young Kevin to follow.

:angry:

Genuine question, why have you only applied for Ireland and Northumbria?

Cause the only decent uni's in ireland are in belfast (NI) and i want to stay close. Northumbria - cause they do my course, i know loads that go there, and last, but not least, ze mighty toon :angry: ... oh and i want a change from ireland

I'll have that bet you silly little boy. :lol:

Cause the only decent uni's in ireland are in belfast (NI) and i want to stay close. Northumbria - cause they do my course, i know loads that go there, and last, but not least, ze mighty toon :angry: ... oh and i want a change from ireland

Where'd you get that idea?

Just added computer forensics in northumbria to that.. looks good :lol: also one was Ethnical Hacking which was interesting.. another was computing and networking but i think that's for retards cause you only need 120UCAS points to get in (3 E's, 1 A, 2 C's etc.).

Fucking hell Kevin you really are clueless aren't you? :angry:

lol indeed pretty sure UCD and Trinity are pretty well rated, Trinity was good enough for Martin Sheen!

going on some of your posts on here kevin (the technical ones i mean), "proper" hacking which i'd hope that ethical hacking course is i'd safely say beyond you, unless its how to find xss and injection attacks which is a piece of piss.

as for Networking not making you cash and being easy, if you'd any idea how hard it is to become a CCIE and the cash you get from that you'd reconsider.

I'm not up for going down south, up north just, Queens and JT are the only real decent ones. I'm just guessing networking isn't the best cause of the entry requirements?

I would've thought Ethical Hacking would've been way beyond me, but computer forensics sounds really good.

Where abouts is Northumbria uni anyway in newcastle?

lol indeed pretty sure UCD and Trinity are pretty well rated, Trinity was good enough for Martin Sheen!

going on some of your posts on here kevin (the technical ones i mean), "proper" hacking which i'd hope that ethical hacking course is i'd safely say beyond you, unless its how to find xss and injection attacks which is a piece of piss.

as for Networking not making you cash and being easy, if you'd any idea how hard it is to become a CCIE and the cash you get from that you'd reconsider.

I'm not up for going down south, up north just, Queens and JT are the only real decent ones. I'm just guessing networking isn't the best cause of the entry requirements?

I would've thought Ethical Hacking would've been way beyond me, but computer forensics sounds really good.

Near haymarket.

Does that help?

Cause the only decent uni's in ireland are in belfast (NI) and i want to stay close. Northumbria - cause they do my course, i know loads that go there, and last, but not least, ze mighty toon :lol: ... oh and i want a change from ireland

Near haymarket.

Does that help?

Has it still got a campus in Carlisle? :angry:

Cause the only decent uni's in ireland are in belfast (NI) and i want to stay close. Northumbria - cause they do my course, i know loads that go there, and last, but not least, ze mighty toon :lol: ... oh and i want a change from ireland

:angry: you're on a fucking computer....look it up

Edited by tooner

Nah I wouldn't want to, my preferences are Belfast and North East England.

Basing your further education around the football club you support...

:angry:

you want me, bad.