GCSE's and applying for Uni

Kevin

Serious question here, no piss takers :lol:

So the course I want to apply for it says you need a C in GCSE Maths and English which I both have, it says that on the official UCAS website which you apply through. But on the Uni's website it says you need a B in GCSE Maths, and I only have a C. So what happens here, do they take it into big consideration?

You need 2 B's and 280 UCAS points to get in, I'm on my way to get a lot better than that so would GCSE Maths be a problemó?

This is a serious question, no remarks saying "2nd brightest lulz".

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the applications go through the admissions tutor, so if I emailed the Uni, it would be some dolled up thick twat on the desk reading the email. Same with phone.

Because the applications go through the admissions tutor, so if I emailed the Uni, it would be some dolled up thick twat on the desk reading the email. Same with phone.

So it's better to ask a bunch of strangers on a football forum, who won't have a clue about what Queens' policy is, about something that might affect your future? Not one of your better ideas to be fair....

So it's better to ask a bunch of strangers on a football forum, who won't have a clue about what Queens' policy is, about something that might affect your future? Not one of your better ideas to be fair....

I'm aiming this question at people who went to Uni through UCAS.

I'm aiming this question at people who went to Uni through UCAS.

So you'll base your conclusions on what someone on here tells you without checking it with the Uni? Notwithstanding that they could just be bullshitting you?

OK Kevin, you only need a C.

On a different matter, I've been having slight chest pains. Does anyone with a medical background think I need open heart surgery?

To be honest (and I'm not having a dig here) I think for the course you're aiming for, having a B in Maths would be quite important, not for the Maths itself but following the logic behind the Maths.

280 UCAS points is a load more than two B's, isn't it? I got 2 B's and an A and only got 180. That was back in the day like.

Think they changed the points ratios a few years ago

Anyway Kevin listen to ant, unis offer more places than they've got so if you're down on any criteria you're fucked and they'll reject you at the 11th hour

I think there is some merit given on things like your personal statement. You get 5 choices, right? Why not just apply, let them know you have a C at GCSE Maths and see what response you get.

I got into my University of choice with BBC, despite them asking for BBB. I guess the fact that I already had my results helped, as well as that I was applying for an English Course and had the two B's in English Language and English Literature, but then again I do like to think they liked my personal statement as well. Ok, chances are they don't bother reading through a lot of the personal statement's, but that isn't to say that it isn't worth writing something impressive.

The UCAS Entry Requirements aren't always the be all and end all.

I think there is some merit given on things like your personal statement. You get 5 choices, right? Why not just apply, let them know you have a C at GCSE Maths and see what response you get.

I got into my University of choice with BBC, despite them asking for BBB. I guess the fact that I already had my results helped, as well as that I was applying for an English Course and had the two B's in English Language and English Literature, but then again I do like to think they liked my personal statement as well. Ok, chances are they don't bother reading through a lot of the personal statement's, but that isn't to say that it isn't worth writing something impressive.

I reckon the personal statement would carry more weight on an English course like :lol:

I reckon the personal statement would carry more weight on an English course like :lol:

If he coded it and had them decipher it it might impress them?

Is that what Kockhead is doing btw? Let me know if you crack the code.

Is that what Kockhead is doing btw? Let me know if you crack the code.

Fuck that noise mate, I'd have to get Bletchley Park fired up again.

Thank you for the serious answers :lol:

Yep Ant it's computer science I'm looking to do, not at queens but, Jordanstown. I think I'll attempt at emailing them or even ask my careers advisor person about it when i go back to school.

My bro got into his course at Jordanstown and he didn't have the correct grades.

5 Choices, I'll be applying for Northumbria, Jordanstown and maybe Queens, I'll see how things go. I don't really want to go over to Newcastle though, would prefer belfast.

Good idea. Newcastle Uni has far higher grade boundaries than University of Ulster but. Northumbria uni says you just need 280 UCAS points, 5 C's at GCSE including English and Maths, which I have :lol: Might apply for there.

I wouldn't waste your time applying at all, get your head down, keep your nose clean and in a few years you could have all the stars. You have already found your career, you may aswell make the most of it.

I wouldn't waste your time applying at all, get your head down, keep your nose clean and in a few years you could have all the stars. You have already found your career, you may aswell make the most of it.

I already asked for this thread to be serious and not derailed so please fuck off.