Is Hughton being too passive..

Park Life

He's out of contract at the end of the season which should answer that one.

Does it though? I don't know his mind, but I'd be kicking down MA's doors on a regular basis asking for cash.

We literally are 2/3 good players away from being a decent side which makes this close season the more frustrating.

Does it though? I don't know his mind, but I'd be kicking down MA's doors on a regular basis asking for cash.

We literally are 2/3 good players away from being a decent side which makes this close season the more frustrating.

He's only in the job because he's a 'yes man' though. That's taking nothing away from the good job he did last season but I don't think he's the type of character to do what you say he should be doing. I agree with you like.

What worries me is that he seems to be only looking at signing players playing in the UK which is extremely short sighted if that is the case. If so he'll find signing anyone of any quality very difficult as they will all cost well beyond their true value. I'd rather we take a gamble on some promising scandinavian player like Skjelbred for example than end up spending 3 million on James Beattie or some shit like that. I could be very wrong there like, it's just the impression I get that we're not really looking abroad much.

I wonder if he's afraid of screwing up the chemistry?

I know how that sounds, but the last season NUFC was up, it was painfully obvious that most of that starting XI weren't trying and didn't play well together. The current (or prospective, anyway) XI may not play all that well, but at least they play well together as a unit. The matches I watched last year (competition level being lower obviously), we looked much more like a side that's played a few games together.

Could be that Hughton knows there isn't much money to be had anyway, but when coupled with the fact that the XI are more of an actual side than they've been since the middle of the 08-09 season, maybe he just doesn't want to take a chance on screwing it up bringing in some possible head case.

Kicking off over transfers worked for Keegan like, you keep bringing this up Parky but I honestly don't know what you expect the bloke to do. You also have no idea that he isn't "kicking the door down" you are just making assumptions he isn't because he doesn't come across like a complete twat.

There's a difference between Keegan and Houghton...

Houghton will never ever have a bigger salary or job than he has now so he'll do fuck all to jeopardise it, a proper manager won't put up with the squad we have or the lack of funding for transfers or the shite loans we get.

He knows he can't get the money, he knows the next person coming in after him won't so he'll keep his trap shut and pick up his wages, managers with ambition wouldn't be hanging about for that.

He hasn't got much choice has he? There are plenty of "proper" managers out of work. As you say, he knows if he went the next manager would get fuck all either so what would the point of him kicking off and fucking us over now?

I don't have any problem with what Hughton's done myself. He's gone to Ashley and asked what he's working with and accepted it, he's never going to change Ashley and wants this job, so he'll do the best he can with what he's given. Kicking off about it would change nothing under Ashley so we'd end up changing manager and being in turmoil all over again, ony for the next guy to have to accept the exact same lack of money and ambition.

If i thought Hughton kicking off would work i'd say go for it, but he knows it won't, and nobody really knows what he's said to Ashley behind the scenes anyway.

At the minute its just about a lack of funds, if Ashley did what he did to Keegan and put a little prick like wise in place to overrule the manager and piss transfers up, then i'd expect him to kick off as Keegan did, because you can't (or shouldn't) work under those conditions.

To be fair there's not been a massive amount of movement in the market this window. Some clubs haven't brought anyone in.

Shouldn't judge Hughton too much (or indeed Ashley for that matter), it always picks up towards the end of the window. Rather have them in early but that's just the way it goes, understandably.

...in the transfer market cause he is scared of MA and losing his job or does he really think we have enough on the table?

Discuss.

He's just aware that he is manager of a club with no ambition, and doing his best. Like the managers of most clubs. Unfortunately, most other clubs are 2nd and 3rd rate clubs like we were ourselves 20 years ago, before the Halls and Shepherd took over.

I realise somebody may accuse me of "hijacking" this thread for stating a truth, but unfortunately this is precisely what he is doing.

He's just aware that he is manager of a club with no ambition, and doing his best.

bcp027032.jpg

Like the managers of most clubs. Unfortunately, most other clubs are 2nd and 3rd rate clubs like we were ourselves 20 years ago,

bcp027033.jpg

before the Halls and Shepherd took over.

bcp027001.jpg

He's just aware that he is manager of a club with no ambition, and doing his best.

bcp027032.jpg

Like the managers of most clubs. Unfortunately, most other clubs are 2nd and 3rd rate clubs like we were ourselves 20 years ago,

bcp027033.jpg

bcp027001.jpg

"HOUSE" :scratchchin:

I love how you're totally aware of your thread hijacks these days.

Haven't you been banned from almost every other Toon forum because you won't shut up about the old board?

I am banned from one message board, and have now been unquestionably proved 100% correct in what I had been trying to tell them, which some now also admit.

My comment is relevant to this thread anyway btw, don't you think so ?

Imagine what leazes would be like if we'd won something with shepherd at the helm

I saw us win something with Westwood at the helm, but it was in spite of him, he was still a cunt.

Kicking off over transfers worked for Keegan like, you keep bringing this up Parky but I honestly don't know what you expect the bloke to do. You also have no idea that he isn't "kicking the door down" you are just making assumptions he isn't because he doesn't come across like a complete twat.

Aint that the truth.

bcp027032.jpg

bcp027033.jpg

bcp027001.jpg

:scratchchin: