Is it just me?

wykikitoon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you thought about moving into writing soap opera scripts? :icon_lol:

My cousin writes for Eastbenders.............hmmmmm wonder if he could give me a job :D

Really :razz: Kudos to him.

Is he rich?

What happened with regards to your stint in Newcastle?

Thats come to an end for now :D

They are busy, the gaffer there nows I wanna be there now so fingers crossed. The Toon office is run how it should be.

Look ahead six months. If you're being dumped on repeatedly in order to get your idiot boss out of the shit, then you need to pick your moment to make your point. If you have an upcoming holiday for example, there's no point kicking up a fuss now when in a few weeks he'll be fucked anyway because you're not in the office. You will have shown your value by your absence.

There's no point in tolerating this for any lengthy period, at least not without making others aware of what you are doing, by the sounds of it he'll be out on his arse in 6 months and any brownie points you might think you have earned will vanish into thin air. Equally any promises he makes you regarding pay are equally worthless as he probably won't be around to see them through.

Most worryingly is that repeatedly poor managers being put in place suggests those above them are no better.

Don't bother getting HR involved. They will attempt to draw a diagram or ask you to write your feelings down on post-it notes and put it on some kind of emotional axis.

Look ahead six months. If you're being dumped on repeatedly in order to get your idiot boss out of the shit, then you need to pick your moment to make your point. If you have an upcoming holiday for example, there's no point kicking up a fuss now when in a few weeks he'll be fucked anyway because you're not in the office. You will have shown your value by your absence.

There's no point in tolerating this for any lengthy period, at least not without making others aware of what you are doing, by the sounds of it he'll be out on his arse in 6 months and any brownie points you might think you have earned will vanish into thin air. Equally any promises he makes you regarding pay are equally worthless as he probably won't be around to see them through.

Most worryingly is that repeatedly poor managers being put in place suggests those above them are no better.

Don't bother getting HR involved. They will attempt to draw a diagram or ask you to write your feelings down on post-it notes and put it on some kind of emotional axis.

Oi Matt, you about on the weekend, after 8 ish?

:D

If they aren't paying you the extra hours, then why are you doing them? :D

Sometimes you feel like you don't have an option. That's life, unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

Well tommorow i shall be handing in my notice and boy its going to feel so so good. Had two interviews in the last two weeks and had two job offers.

This week has highlighted why I need out. 3 people off sick, and they get better thought of than I. Working on one job, told the gaffer I couldnt do something as I didnt have time, I got a right bollocking for it. I dont know how that works, here I am in work, grafting 10h days whilst their at home feet up.

Well tommorow i shall be handing in my notice and boy its going to feel so so good. Had two interviews in the last two weeks and had two job offers.

This week has highlighted why I need out. 3 people off sick, and they get better thought of than I. Working on one job, told the gaffer I couldnt do something as I didnt have time, I got a right bollocking for it. I dont know how that works, here I am in work, grafting 10h days whilst their at home feet up.

What do you do?

Well, handed it to top dog, hes gutted, but fully understands why.

CT - Structural Engineer mate

He fully understands why? But isn't it because you think he's a wanker?

No, this was HIS boss I handed it too. Hes sound.

Asked me why, I told him and he fully understands. Said his hands are tied regarding HR about the people who are always off sick. The other issues he said he heard about my bosses attitude and has a meeting booked with him next week when he gets off holiday and will be chatting too him.

Asked me why, I told him and he fully understands. Said his hands are tied regarding HR about the people who are always off sick. The other issues he said he heard about my bosses attitude and has a meeting booked with him next week when he gets off holiday and will be chatting too him.

Ah well, so long as he's aware. He should of course sit up and take notice if he is losing good staff over the shite. Ultimately their inline managers responsibility.

On Monday I'll be starting a thread with a sweepstake so we can all guess when Wykiki's next work-related flounce thread will be :lol:

I reckon there'll be another girlfriend thread before that like. :icon_lol:

Well done Wykiki btw - I think most of us can relate to what you've been through at work. Apart from Gemmill, that is.

On Monday I'll be starting a thread with a sweepstake so we can all guess when Wykiki's next work-related flounce thread will be :lol:

I reckon there'll be another girlfriend thread before that like. :icon_lol:

Well done Wykiki btw - I think most of us can relate to what you've been through at work. Apart from Gemmill, that is.

:omgwank:

Cheers mate.

Cant believe you've sneaked off while he was away :lol:

Should have waited and left properly with a good old tirade of abuse.