Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some milk? Can he hop yet? Come on, Parky, your enigma act has no place here :icon_lol:

My spies are everywhere. :icon_lol:

I actually go on holiday to Hossegoor every summer which is literally the same town as Capbreton. Our lass's family has a house there.

Back in training end of Jan. :icon_lol:

Great news. He must be the bionic man.

Breaks were high up the leg apparently which as someone said a few weeks ago is about the best place for them for healing. I reckon he'll be playing in Feb.

Just cos youre from frenchyland or somewhere aborad like that you think you know everything about him dont you?

Back in training end of Jan. :icon_lol:

Great news. He must be the bionic man.

Breaks were high up the leg apparently which as someone said a few weeks ago is about the best place for them for healing. I reckon he'll be playing in Feb.

Just cos youre from frenchyland or somewhere aborad like that you think you know everything about him dont you?

Thought YOU would have had photo's by now. That long lense of yours. :icon_lol:

Newcastle's Hatem Ben Arfa is well ahead of schedule as he battles back from his horrific double leg break.

The midfielder has been putting in the hours at his rehabilitation centre in the South of France and stunned club medics when they visited him last week.

His improvement is such that they have decided to pencil him in for a return to training in the first week of February.

"Hatem is doing really, really well," his agent Simon Stainrod told The Journal.

"He's working really hard and he's in a centre where they work intensively from Monday to Friday on the injury and it is definitely helping him to make plenty of progress.

"I think from the original prognosis, it's going to be much, much better than that.

"You can never tell 100% but hopefully he's going to be back in the first week of February, which is just fantastic."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6605862,00.html

:nah:

From a Chronicle article about Steven Taylor was this snippet.

In further good news for United fans ahead of Boxing Day’s Premier League home clash with Manchester City, the club appear to be closing in on a permanent signing, with sources in France suggesting a deal for Ben Arfa is in the offing.

The 23-year-old joined Newcastle on a season-long loan from Marseille, with an agreement between the two clubs that the move would become permanent – for a fee of £5m – once the midfielder had made 25 appearances.

In October, Ben Arfa suffered a double leg break during his fourth game for United – against Sunday’s opponents City – but his rehab has gone well and United could be ready to jump the gun on their original agreement with Marseille.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...l#ixzz18wCVfppS

Hatem%20Ben%20Arfa%20Everton%20v%20Newcastle%20United%205255wm7Yn28l.jpg

I am all for signing the lad however I do hope Newcastle have managed to get money off the transfer fee. Its a gamble on a player with a double leg break who relies on his sharp turn of pace to get past players.

leg breaks shouldn't damage his pace. players can often come back stronger these days from fractures. it's the knee and ankle ligaments you really need to worry about i reckon.

I am all for signing the lad however I do hope Newcastle have managed to get money off the transfer fee. Its a gamble on a player with a double leg break who relies on his sharp turn of pace to get past players.

leg breaks shouldn't damage his pace. players can often come back stronger these days from fractures. it's the knee and ankle ligaments you really need to worry about i reckon.

He's gonna be fine. :D

He's one of the few players I've seen for Newcastle who can make me laugh we the stuff he does on the ball and he's proven that in 4 games or so.

I would love for Hatem to stay with us a few years, a truly exciting player. That day at Everton :D

He's a snip at 5mil, I wouldnt be rocking the boat and letting someone else jump in and match it

Having smashed myself to pieces over the years (and work keep on picking up the bill) I can confirm that everything I've been told and gone through indicates that a broken bone that isnt in the area of ligaments or where the muscle anchors onto the bone will grow back as strong or stronger

the problem comes if you stretch or tear the ligaments in that area or break the bone where the muscle attaches to the bone

so I'm hopeful that he will come back and wont notice the injury

Having smashed myself to pieces over the years (and work keep on picking up the bill) I can confirm that everything I've been told and gone through indicates that a broken bone that isnt in the area of ligaments or where the muscle anchors onto the bone will grow back as strong or stronger

the problem comes if you stretch or tear the ligaments in that area or break the bone where the muscle attaches to the bone

Having torn my ankle ligaments twice and had to heal them on the NHS I don't have any adverse effects and can still play pain free. I think it probably varies person to person

Having torn my ankle ligaments twice and had to heal them on the NHS I don't have any adverse effects and can still play pain free. I think it probably varies person to person

I've done ankle ligaments and still get pain if I kick through the ball too far down my foot if that makes sense. Side footing, running etc are all completely fine. I think he should be ok to come back given how quickly he's healed.

That's called a toe punt :D

Not quite a toe punt, but getting there. Toe punt's fine though, it more the torque created on the top of the foot/ankle when shooting through the ball.

Anyhow! :rolleyes: