Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

NEWCASTLE United loan target Ben Arfa has walked out on Marseille - according to reports in France tonight.

The playmaker returned from international duty with France with his advisor after scoring the only goal for his country against Norway in Oslo in a 2-1 defeat.

Arfa is understood to have been told his move to United had been delayed after a meeting with Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier in a meeting today.

When leaving the meeting Arfa is reported to have fired a verbal volley with the loan move shrouded in uncertainty when saying: "I will not return any more."

Arfa is thought to have his heart set on a move to United.

But the Magpies have remained tight-lipped on the situation in the last few days.

Fans of both clubs will await the latest turn in the Arfa saga with great interest.

*UNITED'S clash with Accrington Stanley will be beamed out by Sky on August 25.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get oooot thats just what we need to get the beall moving. Cant knock him for not being keen

The trouble is, you have to wonder why he's so keen. He obviously knows nothing about Ashley and Llambias. Imagine his disappointment when he discovers he has to wash his own kit, and book economy super saver bus tickets to get to away matches.....

I like that, dont recall the last time a player was so bothered about coming here

not like it will happen here, if he wants off its not as though MA is going to say "no we wont accept bids for you" Derek will be carrying him where ever he wants to go

however

MARSEILLE, France — French champions Marseille insisted on Thursday that midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa will not be signing for English Premier League side Newcastle.

Ben Arfa missed training, fuelling speculation that the 23-year-old was on his way, but Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier said the player was staying.

"The Newcastle offer does not exist. Hatem Ben Arfa is staying at Marseille," said Dassier.

Seems odd that every1 including hughton is stating theres no offer

Edited by JaMoUsE

however

MARSEILLE, France — French champions Marseille insisted on Thursday that midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa will not be signing for English Premier League side Newcastle.

Ben Arfa missed training, fuelling speculation that the 23-year-old was on his way, but Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier said the player was staying.

"The Newcastle offer does not exist. Hatem Ben Arfa is staying at Marseille," said Dassier.

Seems odd that every1 including hughton os stating theres no offer

isnt this after theyd come out saying there was one?

Would imagine if there was any inquiry at all, and Ben Arfa wants a Toon move, then it will happen. Fair play to him too, because if the deal WAS there before the France game, he has every right to lose his rag, when he could of been playing against Man Utd on monday.

Whats the latest that we can register him to play on monday? Saturday, Sunday evening?

the end of august

Not really I think there is paperwork that needs to be submitted to the FA after the transfer has been completed and before he is officially registered as able to play for the club. Say he signed sometime on Monday or even late Sunday there's a chance he wouldn't be registered with the FA in time for the Man Utd match.

What gets me, is that this bloke wants away from Marseille, we need creativity and flair in the middle of the park, and he's fairly cheap compared to what he was valued at 2 years ago. Now it looks like he is on his way out, and as much as I hope he comes to us, its unlikely CH will and will keep denying it. Oh...but btw we'd rather pay 1.5 mil for Jason 'ffs' Roberts. 32 years old. So confused by it all. There are tons and tons of players out there that we can afford, attract and are good enough for the prem. Look at Man Utd's new signing Bebe, wheres he from? never heard of him. Other teams look to fresh, new, unheard of players to bolster their squads. And when will we FINALLY realise thats the future of this club and start doing it?

"Newcastle target Jason Roberts has admitted he may have to leave Blackburn in search of regular first team football.

Rovers boss Sam Allardyce revealed earlier this week he would be willing to listen to offers for Roberts, despite the fact he is facing a shortage of attacking options ahead of the new campaign.

Roberts has now admitted he could make a move before the transfer window closes, with Newcastle boss Chris Hughton linked with a move to bring the striker to St James' Park.

"I've had four good years at Blackburn and been part of some good sides and played in Europe a few times and really enjoyed it," Roberts told skysports.com.

"Sometimes you come to the end of a cycle at a club and maybe it's time for me to move on to a club with maybe some different ideas about where they are going.

"It was a good season last year to finish inside the top ten. I scored five goals in 15 starts and ended the season strongly.

"I know there's some interest from several clubs so hopefully something will come about and if not I'm still hungry to play."

It is thought Blackburn would be willing to allow the 32-year-old to move on for a fee of around £2million, although West Brom and QPR have been linked and Hughton may face a battle to secure a deal."

CH should tell Mike what sort of sell-on value a player like Ben Arfa would get. Young & talented fits into his grand scheme of things after all.

Doubt this move will come off, just seems as if Marseille were trying to start a bidding war which just hasn't happened.

I can't imagine we're pursuing Roberts. He's at the end of his career, so will have no resale value, plus there's a 2mill transfer fee mentioned. And he's no better than what we've got, so there would be no point. Sounds like paper/agent made up bollocks to me, at least I hope so.

Hatem Ben Arfa is trying to force through a move to Newcastle but his club Marseille are refusing to do business with the Tyneside club.

The France international did not train at Marseille yesterday and still wants to join Newcastle on loan, despite other interest from Benfica, Hoffenheim and Genoa.

Angry Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier said: `Hatem is part of the workforce and he will remain so.

'I do not think the coach (of Newcastle) is in-step with his leaders, if you believe his statements.

'It is quite strange. There is not a serious and solid offer from Newcastle.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz0wQplOUxw

Seems like theyre talking behind hughtons back or hes just lying to the press everyday