Sol Campbell

Again, nobody disagrees with you that the current board isn't ambitious, in fact we all strongly agree with you. But for some reason you seem to think that we're all Ashley fans apart from you, and it's your mission to convert us and prove us wrong. Just cut it out ffs

you are wrong. I'm quite aware the vast majority on here realise Ashley is a 3rd rate twat and has dragged the club back 20 years. Unfortunately, there are still a few left, of which yourself is the most notable, who still don't realise that we need someone like the Halls and Shepherd again to restore the standards and expectations we had got used to[/b

To get back on tack here, this is such a signing.

Oh, and as for "cut it out ffs" your thread and spat with Kevin makes interesting reading for someone who doesn't want to dispute pointlessly on a message board. Thompers.

Again failing to acknowledge that Shepherd and the Halls had the club in decline towards the end of their reign, they were in the process of failing to restore the standards you talk about when they bolted. No evidence exists at all that they had any ability to turn around what was an obvious tailspin.

Sorry if that doesn't apply your shit-stupid logic of

Ashley=bad so Shepherd=good, and also of your logic of Shepherd=Unpopular so Ashley=popular.

You asked a question about the signing, I answered with two further over-the-hill players.

We're signing a declining player on a free, yet it appears that you prefer to spend millions on declining players, as it's a sign of ambition? I'd rather not sign declining players at all, but at least if we're going to, we have a board that knows that spending millions on them just isn't good business. Not ambitious, but a little bit more sensible than predecessors.

when, of if, this club signs the number of players - of quality and the age required with the desire and ambition needed to become a premiership force that it ought to be and was, you may have a point.

So far. No player they have signed in the last 18 months falls into this category. Not one.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, nobody disagrees with you that the current board isn't ambitious, in fact we all strongly agree with you. But for some reason you seem to think that we're all Ashley fans apart from you, and it's your mission to convert us and prove us wrong. Just cut it out ffs

you are wrong. I'm quite aware the vast majority on here realise Ashley is a 3rd rate twat and has dragged the club back 20 years. Unfortunately, there are still a few left, of which yourself is the most notable, who still don't realise that we need someone like the Halls and Shepherd again to restore the standards and expectations we had got used to[/b

To get back on tack here, this is such a signing.

Oh, and as for "cut it out ffs" your thread and spat with Kevin makes interesting reading for someone who doesn't want to dispute pointlessly on a message board. Thompers.

Again failing to acknowledge that Shepherd and the Halls had the club in decline towards the end of their reign, they were in the process of failing to restore the standards you talk about when they bolted. No evidence exists at all that they had any ability to turn around what was an obvious tailspin.

Sorry if that doesn't apply your shit-stupid logic of

Ashley=bad so Shepherd=good, and also of your logic of Shepherd=Unpopular so Ashley=popular.

You asked a question about the signing, I answered with two further over-the-hill players.

We're signing a declining player on a free, yet it appears that you prefer to spend millions on declining players, as it's a sign of ambition? I'd rather not sign declining players at all, but at least if we're going to, we have a board that knows that spending millions on them just isn't good business. Not ambitious, but a little bit more sensible than predecessors.

when, of if, this club signs the number of players - of quality and the age required with the desire and ambition needed to become a premiership force that it ought to be and was, you may have a point.

So far. No player they have signed in the last 18 months falls into this category. Not one.

No, you're not getting my point. My point is that the old board signed declining players but for big fees. Ambitious, but stupid.

At no point am I suggesting that the current board is ambitious, my point is merely that if we;re going to sign a declining player, I'd rather it wasn't costing several million pounds.

Repeat, my point is not that the current board are ambitious. Get that out of your head.

when did we last sign someone as over the hill as this ?

The last time we got promoted, for instance, signing such a player at such an age was a complete no brainer.

Welcome back again, to the days of Seymour, Westwood etc. Lets hope someone like the Halls and Shepherd come along quickly to rescue us, again, from a nightmare of an owner.

Age wise not as old but ability wise Bernard and Sibierski weren't even close to Sol Campbell now. But then, there isn't really any need to get into this discussion AGAIN!

That article was talking about Frazier Campbell btw, as someone else said.

when did we last sign someone as over the hill as this ?

The last time we got promoted, for instance, signing such a player at such an age was a complete no brainer.

Welcome back again, to the days of Seymour, Westwood etc. Lets hope someone like the Halls and Shepherd come along quickly to rescue us, again, from a nightmare of an owner.

Age wise not as old but ability wise Bernard and Sibierski weren't even close to Sol Campbell now. But then, there isn't really any need to get into this discussion AGAIN!

That article was talking about Frazier Campbell btw, as someone else said.

the point is that ALL the players we have signed in the past 18 months are 2nd rate, either in terms of ability or the wrong age ie past their best.

Get it ?

Bernard was a good left back by the way, and a good find, but he has wasted his own career.

Bernard was a good left back but not the second time we signed him :lol:

Your point, as always about the same thing. Then when people pointed out we signed some fairly dodgy players under the last owners you shift the goalposts (as usual) and bang on about something else we have all read numerous times before.

It will be the same in the majority of threads when we are linked to or sign a player.

We get it, they aren't as good as some of the players signed under the old board, honestly we do get it.

FWIW, he'd likely partner Colo in defence, a £10m centre back. When the old board invested in big money centre backs we signed Woodgate, a crock, who got sold on for a profit (which is criminal in your eyes, selling club etc) and wasn't replaced. Top stuff.

FWIW, he'd likely partner Colo in defence, a £10m centre back. When the old board invested in big money centre backs we signed Woodgate, a crock, who got sold on for a profit (which is criminal in your eyes, selling club etc) and wasn't replaced. Top stuff.

haha. What a tool you are. As if you can stop players wanting to go to Real Madrid.............even Manu can't do that :lol:

haha. What a tool you are. As if you can stop players wanting to go to Real Madrid.............even Manu can't do that :lol:

As if we could stop Shay wanting to go to Man City, as if we could stop Milner wanting to go to Villa - both clubs were AHEAD of us when Shepherd sold up.

As if we could stop Shay wanting to go to Man City, as if we could stop Milner wanting to go to Villa - both clubs were AHEAD of us when Shepherd sold up.

You do keep on don't you ?

As for Villa, don't make me laugh. Given only left Newcastle because he knew ambition was a thing of the past.

Do you blame Shepherd for selling up by the way ? Haven't you brought this up before, and got good answers and not just from me ?

Did YOU have shares and found yourself pretty much powerless to keep them ?

Who is derailing the thread now :lol:

Fact is, dear old thompers, Mike Ashley has sold half a good premiership team and replaced them with 2nd rate players to "save money"................and is now going to have to spend a lot more to replace those he sold. Not one player bought by us in the last 18 months is as good as Given, Milner, Zoggy, Owen, Beye, Bassong or even Martins.

Edited by LeazesMag

It was already derailed thanks to you, I just thought I'd make the correct points to ridicule you yet again.

Why would you laugh at Villa? Are you denying that they were in front of us when the Fat Man sold up?

It was already derailed thanks to you, I just thought I'd make the correct points to ridicule you yet again.

Why would you laugh at Villa? Are you denying that they were in front of us when the Fat Man sold up?

No it wasn't derailed at all. I just said that signing Sol Campbell was another sign of fallen standards.

No it wasn't derailed at all. I just said that signing Sol Campbell was another sign of fallen standards.

No that isn't "just" what you said though, is it Leazes? Are you saying Craig Moore is a better player than Campbell? If not, then how is it a sign of falling standards?

No that isn't "just" what you said though, is it Leazes? Are you saying Craig Moore is a better player than Campbell? If not, then how is it a sign of falling standards?

who have we bought to the club who is better than those sold that I have named ?

Are you going to take my bet or not ?

who have we bought to the club who is better than those sold that I have named ?

You're offering me a bet that suggests I believe something that I clearly don't believe in. Your stupidity really has no limits.

Ashley has signed Enrique for £6m, Colo for £10m. Widely accepted that these two are probably two of the best defenders we've had at the club since Bassong, who Ashley also signed. I don't think I could name 3 better defenders play for us in the entire period from when Keegan left the first time till the time Shepherd left.

You're offering me a bet that suggests I believe something that I clearly don't believe in. Your stupidity really has no limits.

Ashley has signed Enrique for £6m, Colo for £10m. Widely accepted that these two are probably two of the best defenders we've had at the club since Bassong, who Ashley also signed. I don't think I could name 3 better defenders play for us in the entire period from when Keegan left the first time till the time Shepherd left.

It's widely accepted by whom? Colo is gash. Have I missed something?

People who go to the games

is it now :lol:

I still remember the image of the fat cunt Barnes blowing out of his arse when chasing a pass ffs, and I was only a bairn at the time.

:lol: That takes me back! His arms moved faster than his legs.....

Talking a load of shit again, Thompers? Not like you.

Listen to you too. "One of the best defenders we've had at the club since Bassong." Oh, you mean one of the best defenders we've signed since summer 2008? Well, we've signed Williamson, Fitz Hall on loan, Danny Simpson, and James Perch since then, so aye, I agree that Colo is one of the best of them. Not exactly exalted company, like.

"Ashley has signed Enrique, Colo and Bassong." Funny, I didn't realise that Ashley was now in the transfer negotiation process as well. He's a man of many talents.

I don't think Colo is worth 10 million pounds and I don't think you have a very long memory if you don't remember how fucking terrible he was in 2008-2009. Aye, he looked class in the second division but I could name a hundred other players who looked good after getting relegated.

The part about Ashley negotiating transfers makes you a wanker when it's clearly what the point being made was. The overall point that money has indeed been spent on the backline and that a free centre back happened under the old regime as well as under this one remains perfectly valid, go watch some hockey.