Mackems

Guest Gordon McKeag

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gordon McKeag
have you ever seen a bigger bunch of nobheads in your life?

Yep. Mancs/Bradfordians.

Mackems I don't particularly mind.

They're very like mackems I find people from West Yorkshire. That one where the mother told the brother to kidnap the daughter beside Leeds, to me that had Wearside stamped all over it.

You mean Sharon Matthews? Ah, good ol' Dewsbury. Thank fuck that place doesn't have an LS postcode.

A few dodgy parts in West Yorkshire but Leeds is actually quite "posh" as far as Yorkshire goes.

have you ever seen a bigger bunch of nobheads in your life?

Yep. Mancs/Bradfordians.

Mackems I don't particularly mind.

got to agree with you about mancs. bit of a sweeping generalisation like but whenever i've been to manchester, they've always done their best to live up to the swaggering, stupid haircut, liam gallagher sterotype. i went to see the arctic monkeys at the old trafford cricket ground a few summers back and i must have seen at least 6 or 7 fights kick off during the day, all by gallagher clones. there was a violent atmosphere in the air all day, like it could kick off at any time, people pissing anywhere and chucking bottles of piss (with no tops on) towards the stage and where we were in the pit. pure savagery.

i knew a few mancs at uni that were good lads but they all seemed to seek each other out and live in large houses made up only of mancs, it was weird. so houses of 5-6 mancs that didn't know each other before they met at uni. i met plenty of sound geordies when i was at uni but i didn't make an extra effort to live in a big shared house with them. weird behaviour.

I actually quite like Manchester as a city, I'm a fan of quite a few Manchester bands and it makes a good day out with some decent places to visit and generally the place has character. But I just can't stand either football team or their arrogant fans, and the general Manc attitude of "we're from t'fookin best citeh in t'world, ya narratamin arkid!" is pretty lame. Also the fact they have the nerve to take the piss out of people from Liverpool calling them all criminals when Manchester statistically has a higher crime rate.

I've got that attitude about this city. I'm widely travelled, I can't think of anywhere of importance in this country I haven't spent time in, and the toon to me, not being biased well it's like the old Sinead O'Connor song isn't it. I'd like to put it like this, if you asked 2000 passionate fans who travel home and away every week in the top two tiers, where their favourite away day is, 1200 of them who have a clue would say here. I can't imagine Plymouth taking 3,000 to Leeds, Man City or Everton if they got relegated. Manchester is a modern shithole, I don't like it at all, I don't know what character it has, it reminds me of the old builds of Leeds. Newcastle and Liverpool had a lot of the money 150 years ago, which is why the architecture in both cities is only matched by London and Bath. Manchester how the fuck can someone from Manchester think they live in the best city, fuckin tramps. Not even being biased I realise economically Manchester is a more important city, but in terms of the city itself, fuckin hell best city. I live in the best city, see people round the country, if they read that statement, they'd think fuckin typical geordie wank, but I do, too many student wanks, tourists, and stag/hen neets but I wouldn't swap this town for anywhere. Only London and the South East has more to offer than Newcastle and Northumberland. I will add I appreciate economically Leeds will be the second city in the next 20 years. Fuckin Manchester though, their best building is a bigger version of North Shields Town Hall, and the second best one is the G Mex.

In the interests of balance I'd stick up for Cardiff and Edinburgh. Good cities imo and plenty of character. Cardiff has some great scenery one or two hours up the road too (The Gower, Brecon Beacons etc).

Guest Gordon McKeag
In the interests of balance I'd stick up for Cardiff and Edinburgh. Good cities imo and plenty of character. Cardiff has some great scenery one or two hours up the road too (The Gower, Brecon Beacons etc).

Edinburgh's the second best city in Britain after London. One of the best cities in the world in my opinion, best looking anyway. Cardiff isn't that great, it's better than your Bristol's and Sheffield's though.