Mackems

Guest Gordon McKeag

Guest Gordon McKeag

Peter Beardsley was the best player I've seen in a toon shirt, but the player with the most ability just shading Peter was Gazza.

If you seen him in the late 80's for Newcastle you would know why, I really believe SJM meant what he said when he said in 88 he was the best in the world.

Yet look at this :( I'm sorry for creating a post just for this but fucking hell, have you ever seen a bigger bunch of nobheads in your life?

"Thats a well over the top statement imo, even when he had that period in 90/91 he was never that good."
Wasn't even that good tbh.

And didn't play for any of the biggest teams in England.

If he wasn't such a mess off the field he would be forgotten about

Average player for Boro, Everton, Newcastle.

Half of them are agreeing he was shite. Oh dear. I reckon his last season here he put the ball through the stanchion 7 or 8 times.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=505761

Edited by Gordon McKeag

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gordon McKeag
Who gives a fuck what a Mackem thinks?

They see Gary Bennet as a legend.

I consider myself well read and knowledgable about football. I tell you know I'd never heard of "Micky Horsewill" before he took Eric Gates job.

Beat me to it.

They wouldn't know a good player if he carved "I'm a good player" onto their foreheads.

I consider myself well read and knowledgable about football. I tell you know I'd never heard of "Micky Horsewill" before he took Eric Gates job.

Ugly ginger fucker from the 73 team - I just about remember him from then.

I know we've had a similar last 35/40 years in terms of trophies but I do think in general we've had more standout players. Then again I'd guess it is hard to judge players from 25 years ago you didn't see week in week out as you see players now. Having said that it still takes staggering ignorance to think Gazza was overrated.

What do you expect? These are the same fans who find solace in the fact that Kevin Phillips scored more goals in one season than a crocked, injections before, at half time and after every game Alan Shearer. Any mention of his all time record and they start flapping about the gold plated plimsol :(

I was reading N-O and somebody quoted a mackem poster as saying that Phillips and Quinn were better than Shearer and Ferdinand. :(

Guest Gordon McKeag
Obsessed tbh.

That goes for both Stevie and the mackems.

Obsessed? You wont find many things on here from me about mackems. I abuse most clubs within reason.

Obsessed tbh.

Gordon McKeag is Stevie? :(

Fucking hell, I feel so dirty. I've been agreeing with him and everything.

Obsessed tbh.

Gordon McKeag is Stevie? :D

Fucking hell, I feel so dirty. I've been agreeing with him and everything.

:( ?

some of my oldest and best mates are mackems so i have to disagree with stevie's sweeping generalisation about those from the 'wrong side of the river'

some of my oldest and best mates are mackems so i have to disagree with stevie's sweeping generalisation about those from the 'wrong side of the river'

a sensible post at last

I know plenty of good mackem lads and, who think Bearsdley, Gazza, Shearer were great, but they arent gonna shout it from the rooftops ffs !

from what I have encountered with both the home and away support, there are plenty of nobheads amongst toon supporters as well - the level of ignorance on display esp at home games is breathtaking.

Guest Gordon McKeag

Say absolutely nee more about you like. Say nee more.

you not got any mackem friends like stevie? you should give them a chance, they're not nazis

Guest Gordon McKeag

you not got any mackem friends like stevie? you should give them a chance, they're not nazis

I worked there for four years, shagged one, of about 500 mackems I met, five were decent, and only two of the blokes were good lads.

Bitter bastards. "Stea-ve did yow knowaaah that Soonnlun is a beegur citea, than Nyeeewwwwwwwwcassul?"

Edited by Gordon McKeag