toontastic chefs

Dr Gloom

i do a mean balti, make the paste from scratch and chuck in shitloads of fresh corriander at the end. serve it up with a nice side of raita and dal makhani (lentils cooked with tomatoes and cream)

oh, and a new york style cheesecake. make this one for your mrs and she'll be putty in your hands.

I don't really do anything out of the ordinary, just standard stuff pretty well, if I do say so myself. So I suppose the only "unique" dishes I'd bring to a Toontastic potluck (to coin a Yankism) would be Swedish dinner party staples like Jansson's Temptation. It's a bake involves potatoes, sprats/baby anchovies and lashings of cream and is a lot nicer than it sounds. :lol:

I make a great chocolate and lime cheesecake.

my best dishes are lasange, burgers, cottage pie, spag bol and a cider and apple sausage casserole.

started teaching myself recipes a while back but if i'm honest i'm better at deserts/baking than i am cooking main meals.

Bakings more like chemistry, exact amounts of certain things at certain temperatures for an amount of time, none of this "simmer" bollocks

i'm the opposite. i get bored with the exact science involved with baking. i prefer cooking savoury dishes because it's more a case of a handful of this, a pinch of that and taste as you go until you're happy. cooking main courses is defintiely more creative as you can follow recipes as a starting point and then see them evolve into your own creation.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Tuscan garlic and marsala pasta.

Red peppers fried in marsala wine, plenty of fresh garlic and parmesan cheese and then single cream to make the sauce. Add a healthy dose of spinach in there too. Absolute magic. :lol:

I like to think I make a pretty mean bolognese too, but then again everyone has their own spag bol that they swear by.

I don't really do anything out of the ordinary, just standard stuff pretty well, if I do say so myself. So I suppose the only "unique" dishes I'd bring to a Toontastic potluck (to coin a Yankism) would be Swedish dinner party staples like Jansson's Temptation. It's a bake involves potatoes, sprats/baby anchovies and lashings of cream and is a lot nicer than it sounds. :lol:

I love lashings of cream against my baked potatoes tttt.

And a faintly fishy aftertaste?

I make a very tasty spicy pasta dish. started off as a bolognese, but the addition of bacon and too many chillis means I can't call it that anymore.

I prefer a salty finish.

I don't really do anything out of the ordinary, just standard stuff pretty well, if I do say so myself. So I suppose the only "unique" dishes I'd bring to a Toontastic potluck (to coin a Yankism) would be Swedish dinner party staples like Jansson's Temptation. It's a bake involves potatoes, sprats/baby anchovies and lashings of cream and is a lot nicer than it sounds. :D

I prefer a salty finish.

Me too :lol:

Tea tonight.

Salmon fillet( cut into pieces)

King prawns

Mussels.

Garlic 2-3 cloves

Butter

Dry White wine

Fresh basil

Put all of the above on a baking tray, double lined with foil ( enough to make a roomy foil envelope type thingy).

Bake in a medium- hot oven,I usually go gas 7, for about 8-9 minutes.

Open it up, check for any closed mussels, then chuck in the torn Basil and reseal it for a minute or two.

Having it with steamed Broccolli, new potato and crusty bread.

smoked haddock poached in milk then placed on a puff pastry base with a poached egg on top, bearnaise sauce and a puff pastry lid

Guest alex
smoked haddock poached in milk then placed on a puff pastry base with a poached egg on top, bearnaise sauce and a puff pastry lid

You a puff or something?