An Interview!

Kevin

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mix of it, sky is split into 2 parts, broadband and TV. Think i have to deal with technical and sales. I'd like to get vodafone for some reason..

even in tech-support they'll expect you to up-sell. Oh and the "tech support" will be knuckle dragging stuff, with scripts and very little room for variation. It'll be "hello sir, have you checked all the connections, have you restarted the box, etc. etc." with the customer becoming more and more irate and less and less tolerant of your thick Irish, brogue.

Good luck though. :lol:

Edited by The Fish

Congrats Kev, what will you be doing?

Call centre for sky and vodafone. Call centres are shit, money is excellent though. I'm gonna be getting paid fortnightly, the same as mcdonald's, and i'll be pulling in twice as much every 2 weeks :lol:

Congrats

The bit in bold is key by the way, if you can keep your eyes on the money and hear coins dropping into your account after every arsey phone call, you'll be able to stomach it for a few years. I know damn well I couldn't do it again. Drove me mad.

Is it sales or "customer care"?

If you're still doing it when your 30 you've failed, but it's a good learning curve for you. It's like being a battery hen though, I did in Sunderland of all places, and without sounding like a snob or a nob, it was beneath me and my capabilities, I'm sure you'll feel the same when you get to 23 or 24.

The bit in bold is key by the way, if you can keep your eyes on the money and hear coins dropping into your account after every arsey phone call, you'll be able to stomach it for a few years. I know damn well I couldn't do it again. Drove me mad.

Absolutely. Did it for S*y for a little while but as soon as I was able to get out, that was it. The people were sound but the hours and the job itself were dogshit.

Good luck with it, Kevin!

Edited by WubbleUC

Stevie's right like, if you're still in a Call Centre when you're 30, wrap the phone line round your throat and jump out the window. I was working with women who'd be on the phones for years and they were every cliche that's out there. Calling themselves crazy, bitching about each other behind their backs, fat, moaning about their lives, talking about X-Factor. Taking pride in pointless work things, but having no ambition or drive to do anything else.

The blokes aren't much better.

What company are you working for Kevin?

Sky more than likely, vodafones a possibility too.

Congrats Kev, what will you be doing?

Call centre for sky and vodafone. Call centres are shit, money is excellent though. I'm gonna be getting paid fortnightly, the same as mcdonald's, and i'll be pulling in twice as much every 2 weeks :lol:

Congrats

Is it sales or "customer care"?

If you're still doing it when your 30 you've failed, but it's a good learning curve for you. It's like being a battery hen though, I did in Sunderland of all places, and without sounding like a snob or a nob, it was beneath me and my capabilities, I'm sure you'll feel the same when you get to 23 or 24.

It's only part time bud

Stevie's right like, if you're still in a Call Centre when you're 30, wrap the phone line round your throat and jump out the window. I was working with women who'd be on the phones for years and they were every cliche that's out there. Calling themselves crazy, bitching about each other behind their backs, fat, moaning about their lives, talking about X-Factor. Taking pride in pointless work things, but having no ambition or drive to do anything else.

You've got it nailed. Fucking crazy is getting pissed an singing dancing queen on the karaoke in the Social Club to them. Nearly always fat and boring, but you forgot to mention weight watchers points. It's like that line from Trainspotting when Renton's in the social club with his family playing bingo "ye get so low ye wanna fuckin top yasel" although I suppose it all depends on your stimulation threshhold and how much creativity you have yourself, some people just want mediocrity.

When I worked there, I thought I was better than my manager, better than her manager, and the one above her too. Not because I was arrogant, but simply because I was, they couldn't spell or do fucking anything right.

Edited by McFaul

I'm assuming it's an outsourcer though? If so, what outsourcer?

"Weight Watchers points" :lol: such a bullshit diet

"Eee well I only had half a gateaux last night, which is half the calories, which means I can have twice as much... whaddya mean exercise, I'm dieting aren't I?"

I'm assuming it's an outsourcer though? If so, what outsourcer?

First Source Soloutions.

It's all younger people work in this one though, not old broads.

"Eee well I only had half a gateaux last night, which is half the calories, which means I can have twice as much... whaddya mean exercise, I'm dieting aren't I?"

What amuses me about this type of woman is they talk about unobtainable men like they're attainable. "Eeh what I'd do to him if I was 10 years younger" Errr he'd still think you're a fat ginger cunt with a hairlip love.

You've got it nailed. Fucking crazy is getting pissed an singing dancing queen on the karaoke in the Social Club to them. Nearly always fat and boring, but you forgot to mention weight watchers points. It's like that line from Trainspotting when Renton's in the social club with his family playing bingo "ye get so low ye wanna fuckin top yasel" although I suppose it all depends on your stimulation threshhold and how much creativity you have yourself, some people just want mediocrity.

When I worked there, I thought I was better than my manager, better than her manager, and the one above her too. Not because I was arrogant, but simply because I was, they couldn't spell or do fucking anything right.

And you had the gall to take the piss out of my TV for the working classes comment yesterday :lol:

What amuses me about this type of woman is they talk about unobtainable men like they're attainable. "Eeh what I'd do to him if I was 10 years younger" Errr he'd still think you're a fat ginger cunt with a hairlip love.

From when I worked in large offices in the past (DSS, council etc) I found the women who talked about sex all the time were the ones who's minges had probably seized up due to the lack of action.

From when I worked in large offices in the past (DSS, council etc) I found the women who talked about sex all the time were the ones who's minges had probably seized up due to the lack of action.

;)

100% right in my experience, always the ones who you couldn't/don't want to imagine having sex too. The same type in late February "eeh it'll soon be christmas".

It's the total acceptance of mediocrity I could never cope with though. Every fucking day the same, you need some variation something different! I didn't even want promotion because I hated everything about the organisation from what they did to the people that worked in it. Not all like there was some canny lads and lasses but the majority, fuckin hell. It's how important they perceive themselves to be as well.

;)

100% right in my experience, always the ones who you couldn't/don't want to imagine having sex too. The same type in late February "eeh it'll soon be christmas".

It's the total acceptance of mediocrity I could never cope with though. Every fucking day the same, you need some variation something different! I didn't even want promotion because I hated everything about the organisation from what they did to the people that worked in it. Not all like there was some canny lads and lasses but the majority, fuckin hell. It's how important they perceive themselves to be as well.

The women who'd complain because some young pretty lass wants to wear some nice clothes because it's not appropriate, then wear a blouse that nearly contains her fat filled veiny stretched out pizza base tits.

Ones who bang about how they'll go wild at the Xmas party then fuck off at nine (not complaining mind).

Or the bloke who thinks he's funny and comes round to stand at your desk and tell you an anecdote, the crux of it being someone fell over, and he'll claim to have said something at the time (which he didn't) with such pride. Yet if you'd said te same thing, your friends would have rightly stared at you blankly for a second then moved the conversation away from your unfunny craic.

But good luck Kevin, I'm sure it'll be grand

:lol:

You just know Kevin will be fizzing at the slit at the prospect of his first "works night out".

He'll be splashing on the Lynx, hoping to get stuck into 22yr old Niamh, the sexy bird who has so far utterly ignored him.

Next morning when he wakes up , suffocating under the left tit of the 40yr old munter who's so fat she has a double chin on her minge, he'll think " Shouldn't have had that second Blue WKD. "

:lol:

You just know Kevin will be fizzing at the slit at the prospect of his first "works night out".

He'll be splashing on the Lynx, hoping to get stuck into 22yr old Niamh, the sexy bird who has so far utterly ignored him.

Next morning when he wakes up , suffocating under the left tit of the 40yr old munter who's so fat she has a double chin on her minge, he'll think " Shouldn't have had that second Blue WKD. "

;):blush::icon_lol::blush::omgwank:

SMO's target audience that my friend, watch your step.