I've never understood why so many people think you can't practice pelanties...

Asprilla

I'm sure I heard that Capello has had them practicing this time, including the walk from the centre circle...thank fuck. I really can't see the logic in not practicing them. With snooker or darts you essentially practice the game in a non pressurised environment but surely the muscle memory alone is of benefit when it comes to the crunch.

They could play for a month's wages if they want to add a bit of tension!

Are pundits really going to claim there's no point practicing again...listen to der Kaiser:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/w...010/8764313.stm

How many shoot outs have Germany lost again?

I'm sure I heard that Capello has had them practicing this time, including the walk from the centre circle...thank fuck. I really can't see the logic in not practicing them. With snooker or darts you essentially practice the game in a non pressurised environment but surely the muscle memory alone is of benefit when it comes to the crunch.

Are pundits really going to claim there's no point practicing again...listen to der Kaiser:

head_396x222.jpg

You know nothing of the crunch!

Agree with you btw.

Capello practices pens as Ericksson used to. The main probs with Eng and pens is that their heads are swimming with ideas about nightclubs, wags, models, gold jewellry, betting scams, poncey underwear and the pen goes sailing over the bar.

Capello practices pens as Ericksson used to. The main probs with Eng and pens is that their heads are swimming with ideas about nightclubs, wags, models, gold jewellry, betting scams, poncey underwear and the pen goes sailing over the bar.

Somehow I can't imagine Waddle's head was full of those distractions. He just fucking sky'd it.

Somehow I can't imagine Waddle's head was full of those distractions. He just fucking sky'd it.

Most left footers are 'touch' players, they are instictive, the left foot is wired closer in the brain to the creative axis. Should be kept away from pens which is less about instinct and more about regimented repeitition.

It's weird - when you are in goal facing a penalty, you think you've got no chance as the area available to the penalty taker looks so vast.

But, when you're taking a penalty, the goal looks so small !!

Have seen both sides albeit at Sunday Morning and Saturday Afternoon level, but imagine taking a high pressure penalty - you need ice running thru your veins not to get the jitters - pro or no pro.

It's such a fucking moronic idea. Yes it's a pressurised situation, so to cope with the pressure you make yourself the best you can be at the task in hand to cope with the pressure.

Playing professional football in front of an audience of thousands, nay, millions is a pressurised situation for fucks sake, but players still practice. Why should penalties be any different?