England v Germany

Park Life

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

In the interests of balance...one of Germany's very few meaningful contributions to popular music.

PS if we hadn't won the war, they'd all be speaking German now. ;)

99 red balloons as well. To be fair they in Paul van Dyk and Tiesto they did something right in music.

All shit. Tiesto's Dutch though iirc. I'll give them Kraftwerk like.

I'm convinced that's Happy Mondays 'Step On' at the start of Neon Lights, like. Obviously Kraftwerk came first but..

:icon_lol:

Paul van Dyk wrote the best instrumental dance song of all time. He's far from shit.

Paul van Dyk wrote the Blue Danube Waltz?

Remixed it I think.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a discernable tension across the whole of Germany this morning. :icon_lol:

It's massive for them, I don't care what they say.

Course it is ;) They're trying to say we're their Boro to Newcastle. Oh dear.

Parky Jnr confirmed this morning she'll be supporting Germany on Sunday. :)

That's fine, watching an England-Germany match in a German household with split loyalties is great fun. I was sharing a place in Mainz with two Germans, two Canadians and a Welshman when we won 5-1, and the Yanks from next door came round for it too. The "neutrals" weren't sure who to support at first, but it ended up with us all drunkenly abusing the Germans for the rest of the night and having a gay old time of it. Obviously that kind of thing is less societally acceptable when it's your daughter, but hey, they all have to learn some time.

Guest The Three Lions
Stevie Bader. ;)

:icon_lol::):D Is that with reference to that bloke who flew in the BOB, with one arm and one leg who shot 22 of them down?

There is a discernable tension across the whole of Germany this morning. :icon_lol:

It's massive for them, I don't care what they say.

Course it is ;) They're trying to say we're their Boro to Newcastle. Oh dear.

Parky Jnr confirmed this morning she'll be supporting Germany on Sunday. :rolleyes:

That's fine, watching an England-Germany match in a German household with split loyalties is great fun. I was sharing a place in Mainz with two Germans, two Canadians and a Welshman when we won 5-1, and the Yanks from next door came round for it too. The "neutrals" weren't sure who to support at first, but it ended up with us all drunkenly abusing the Germans for the rest of the night and having a gay old time of it. Obviously that kind of thing is less societally acceptable when it's your daughter, but hey, they all have to learn some time.

:)

Mrs P's dad seemed more interested in Spain...That's all changed now though. :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

In the interests of balance...one of Germany's very few meaningful contributions to popular music.

PS if we hadn't won the war, they'd all be speaking German now. ;)

99 red balloons as well. To be fair they in Paul van Dyk and Tiesto they did something right in music.

All shit. Tiesto's Dutch though iirc. I'll give them Kraftwerk like.

I'm convinced that's Happy Mondays 'Step On' at the start of Neon Lights, like. Obviously Kraftwerk came first but..

:icon_lol:

Paul van Dyk wrote the best instrumental dance song of all time. He's far from shit.

Paul van Dyk wrote the Blue Danube Waltz?

Remixed it I think.

Blaydon would have approved.

Guest The Three Lions

You know what, the krauts are too boring, withdrawn, and arrogantly unoffended by anything said by little insignificant "island monkeys" to take offence to any of this, so I don't see any harm in abusing them at all, it's all banter anyway.

Stevie Bader. :icon_lol:

:D:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Is that with reference to that bloke who flew in the BOB, with one arm and one leg who shot 22 of them down?

Aye, I started calling Danny B it for a while. I.e. hasn't got a leg to stand on. :) He lost both legs in a plane crash I think and then was later allowed to fly again for the RAF. Also, was he the one with the dog called 'Nigger'? ;)

Stevie Bader. ;)

:icon_lol::):D Is that with reference to that bloke who flew in the BOB, with one arm and one leg who shot 22 of them down?

Assuming it's Douglas Bader, who lost his legs in a flying accident pre war, became a Wing Leader before being shot down and captured. Coincidently I have his autograph on a rather fine first edition print by Taylor.

I'm guessing like Bader you are a little stumpy twat

Edited by Toonpack

:D:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Is that with reference to that bloke who flew in the BOB, with one arm and one leg who shot 22 of them down?

Aye, I started calling Danny B it for a while. I.e. hasn't got a leg to stand on. :) He lost both legs in a plane crash I think and then was later allowed to fly again for the RAF. Also, was he the one with the dog called 'Nigger'? ;)

Apparently he trained it to shit in the neighbours garden.

Guest The Three Lions
Stevie Bader. :)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Is that with reference to that bloke who flew in the BOB, with one arm and one leg who shot 22 of them down?

Aye, I started calling Danny B it for a while. I.e. hasn't got a leg to stand on. :D He lost both legs in a plane crash I think and then was later allowed to fly again for the RAF. Also, was he the one with the dog called 'Nigger'? ;)

:icon_lol: I bet he wouldn't shout for it to come here round Brixton.

Guest The Three Lions

Apparently he trained it to shit in the neighbours garden.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(:icon_lol:

What a fuckin legend.

Stevie Bader. ;)

Assuming it's Douglas Bader, who lost his legs in a flying accident pre war, became a Wing Leader before being shot down and captured. Coincidently I have his autograph on a rather fine first edition print by Taylor.

Didn't realise you were a military man, TP.

Stevie Bader. ;)

Fuvk me the gloves have come off early. :rolleyes:

:D:rolleyes::rolleyes: Is that with reference to that bloke who flew in the BOB, with one arm and one leg who shot 22 of them down?

Had all four legs shot off by a German Shepherd iirc.

Stevie Bader. :)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Is that with reference to that bloke who flew in the BOB, with one arm and one leg who shot 22 of them down?

Aye, I started calling Danny B it for a while. I.e. hasn't got a leg to stand on. :D He lost both legs in a plane crash I think and then was later allowed to fly again for the RAF. Also, was he the one with the dog called 'Nigger'? ;)

Had all four legs shot off by a German Shepherd iirc.

:icon_lol: Called Fritz, no doubt.

Guest The Three Lions
Stevie Bader. ;)

Compared to Richard Kiel I am aye.

Stevie Bader. ;)

Compared to Richard Kiel I am aye.

They're bringing out Goldeneye for the Wii btw. You just reminded me.

The odds are that to win a World Cup you will have to win a penalty shootout somewhere along the way. Of the last 5 winners, only 1 hasn't had to face a penalty shootout somewhere along the way.

The odds are that to win a World Cup you will have to win a penalty shootout somewhere along the way. Of the last 5 winners, only 1 hasn't had to face a penalty shootout somewhere along the way.

Well, that makes me feel a lot better. I also heard (assume it's correct as it sounds about right) that the last time Germany / West Germany failed to reach the quarter finals of a World Cup was 1938.

Guest The Three Lions

Well, that makes me feel a lot better. I also heard (assume it's correct as it sounds about right) that the last time Germany / West Germany failed to reach the quarter finals of a World Cup was 1938.

Well the last time England in a World Cup Finals scenario failed to get to the last eight with 11 men was 1954. So anyone could put some type of spin on it.

Edited by The Three Lions

Well the last time England in a World Cup Finals scenario failed to get to the last eight with 11 men was 1954. So anyone could put some type of spin on it.

What spin can you put on that like? That we're petulent bastards?! ;)