England v Germany

Park Life

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A weak left back could cost them the game if Milner plays like he has done once so far

not meaning to knock the good feeling towards the game but it seems everyone has forgotten the USA and Algeria performances because we had a good 70 mins against Slovenia

we've got the individuals no doubt but its rare they put in the team performance unlike the germans who tend to do something at each international cup

dont want to rain on the arrogance parade but a bit of realism wouldnt be misplaced, I've seen Brazil, Spain, Argentina all counted out for thinner reasons than the ones counting england in in some posts here, dont underestimate the size of the challenge that still lies before our guys in SA we've managed to do that with the group and we just barely got through that

Edited by Andrew

A weak left back could cost them the game if Milner plays like he has done once so far

not meaning to knock the good feeling towards the game but it seems everyone has forgotten the USA and Algeria performances because we had a good 70 mins against Slovenia

we've got the individuals no doubt but its rare they put in the team performance unlike the germans who tend to do something at each international cup

dont want to rain on the arrogance parade but a bit of realism wouldnt be misplaced, I've seen Brazil, Spain, Argentina all counted out for thinner reasons than the ones counting england in in some posts here, dont underestimate the size of the challenge that still lies before our guys in SA we've managed to do that with the group and we just barely got through that

Well he's done it on the only opportunity he has had to do it really. He came off after picking up a booking in the first game and didn't play in the second.

Well he's done it on the only opportunity he has had to do it really. He came off after picking up a booking in the first game and didn't play in the second.

I know, he played superbly against slovenia no question but some are painting him as the new david beckham, lets not forget that his crossing when he played for us, he needs to keep it up, they all do

And no need to cry about just getting through the group either, at the end of the day, we've conceded one goal this tournament and that was a daft unforced error. We're solid.

And no need to cry about just getting through the group either, at the end of the day, we've conceded one goal this tournament and that was a daft unforced error. We're solid.

no crying here, I'm not wrong am I? considering how often the french/italians/germans are called arrogant by certain posters ( ;) ) the levels in here with regards to england tournament future are baffling, we scored 2 and conceded 1 in 3 games in what was "an easy group" and turned in 1 utterly disgraceful performance, one passable one and one decent one in those games

I just don't see where the renewed "we're certain to win it " attitude has come from nor the writing off of teams who have had a much easier time of their groups than us

It's called optimism, you drip ;)

its called Arrogance (yes capitalised arrogance!) no problem with being optimistic but I don't think that this will be easy on the players or us as fans unlike some who seem to have already forgotten the group even happened

It's called optimism, you drip ;)

its called Arrogance (yes capitalised arrogance!) no problem with being optimistic but I don't think that this will be easy on the players or us as fans unlike some who seem to have already forgotten the group even happened

Forgotten what happened? We were unbeaten in 'the group'. Even Spain lost their first game. When it was needed, we produced a performance and it was enough. It's not arrogance, I don't think anybody genuinely believes that we're going to walk over Germany. At the same time, I don't think we'll walk over the mackems next season, but i'll be telling the mackem lads I know that we're going to fucking murder them

My biggest concern is the German keep the ball so well and in every game so far we been in too much of a hurry. Rarely have we kept the ball for eight or nine passes.

On the plus side, Terry has put his end of season poor form well and truely behind him.

It's the best thing that could have happened to England iyam. And I am not trying to use Parky's reversed logic here. It's what I told English friends already before yesterday.

I pretty sure that England will win the game and I guess you will win it quite comfortably. It's not only that (at least) on paper you have the better players, they will also be for once totally motivated for this game. You only have to look at some comments here and the rhetoric in the press to see how much this game means to England - at least far more than it means to German people and the team. Add to it Beckenbauer's comments who were light hearted but only good for motivating the opposition. It's a shame that unfortunately there are still some people in England to take him serious because here in Germany he is well known for talking rubbish and changing his opinion even more often than Craig is posting old jokes. You can bet he'll be waxing lyrical about England and English football after the game.

I'd rather played USA and actually hoped that Ghana would score a late equalizer just to see us avoid England. Unfortunately not. At least this game will make the day for all the little Englanders like Stevie.

We might have a decent young team that is capable of playing good football with the necessary confidence. It's ok for playing the likes of Australia and Ghana, it would also have been ok for Serbia if not for Klose's stupidity and if Podolski would have more than the IQ of a slater...

It's a real shame we are playin each other so early, these are the two sides that have the mental strength and intelligence to upset the South American sides in the latter stages of the tournament. I appreciate your comments, but still think Germany will win....

I'm sticking my neck out and saying we'll win 3-1. The last time we played them our reserves utterly dominated in Berlin against them. I think the real England will stand up, I really do.

Kin hope so, or it's going to be hell watching the rest of the tournament here. ;)

"Herr Parky, your team did not play so well I think! It is always this way against us! You vill hope we do not meet again next time, hein?!"

* belly laughs and slaps back *

the one aspect in life we are better than them is our humanity.

Based on what Stevie? World War II?

I've never thought of the Germans as less humane than the British, if anything quite the opposite. I don't know the place and people as well as you, but it seems a tad extreme. The German people I've met have always seemed bang on, if a little starchy....

The press have got Capello and the England players talking about penalties in the run-up to the game. Surely that has to have some sort of psychological effect, that we focus their minds on it as soon as this fixture comes up. I bet the Germans aren't talking about penalties in their press conferences.

Anyway, supposedly Capello's five is Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Milner and Barry.

Guest The Three Lions

I've never thought of the Germans as less humane than the British, if anything quite the opposite. I don't know the place and people as well as you, but it seems a tad extreme. The German people I've met have always seemed bang on, if a little starchy....

Lots of things. I've met loads of germans, they are calculated, humourless, cold and boring. We are a more emotive people without a doubt. I'll never forget Brehme's tackle on Gazza, it was done to make him react and get him sent off, calculated in an evil German way. They still have that nazi inprint stained across their very fibre, a sinister, cold way about them, this view isn't ignorance, it's what I see. They are more efficient, more organised, more staid in every walk of their life and less likely to make mistakes, they are robotic and mechanical, we are emotional and culpable. I mean look at these.

I think this picture says it all. Look at the state of the jeans the one in the middle is wearing.MilenaVelbaMiosotisNadineJensen.jpg

Edited by The Three Lions

The press have got Capello and the England players talking about penalties in the run-up to the game. Surely that has to have some sort of psychological effect, that we focus their minds on it as soon as this fixture comes up. I bet the Germans aren't talking about penalties in their press conferences.

Anyway, supposedly Capello's five is Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Milner and Barry.

None of those would fill me with confidence. Not even Rooney on current form, if he is still playing by then. Maybe Lampard.

Anyone got the odds for England 1 Germany 1 and for us to lose on penalties?

Guest The Three Lions

None of those would fill me with confidence. Not even Rooney on current form, if he is still playing by then. Maybe Lampard.

Anyone got the odds for England 1 Germany 1 and for us to lose on penalties?

You look like a thinner Paul Frost off North East Tonight in the 80's you miserable fucker. Think positive.

Lots of things. I've met loads of germans, they are calculated, humourless, cold and boring. We are a more emotive people without a doubt. I'll never forget Brehme's tackle on Gazza, it was done to make him react and get him sent off, calculated in an evil German way. They still have that nazi inprint stained across their very fibre, a sinister, cold way about them, this view isn't ignorance, it's what I see. They are more efficient, more organised, more staid in every walk of their life and less likely to make mistakes, they are robotic and mechanical, we are emotional and culpable. I mean look at these.

I think this picture says it all. Look at the state of the jeans the one in the middle is wearing.MilenaVelbaMiosotisNadineJensen.jpg

Sorry Stevie, I'm sure you've something interesting to say but I can't take my eyes off these women's knockers ;)

Fucking hell stevie, you'll be citing the fact England is a far superior automotive manufacturer than Germany as another reason why "the most important European nation will beat the most populated nation in Europe" next!

England has nothing to fear from Germany.

In my best stevie like blinkered attitude, I can say, hand on heart ;), that if it wasn't for the tactics the Australian manager employed for the first game, Australia would have take it to Germany.

Playing Ghana with 10 men and it was only a lack of finishing that gave the Africans a draw. Then beating Serbia proves what a fuckwit Verbeek was in the 1st game.

Then remember the fact England will always beat it's little convict nation = piece of piss against Germany.