14 years ago tonight we beat Holland 4-1.

Asprilla

That finish by Shearer is criminally underrated.

You forget what a mastermind, even in '96, Gascoigne was for us. Truly ran that midfield.

I watched this in a bar in the South of France, surrounded by Dutch.

My Aussie mate bet me drinks for the rest of the night that we'd lose.

I kept the bugger out til 2am. :icon_lol:

The Dutch took it extremely sportingly too, bought us a round at full time.

Happy Days :angry:

i thought he cut a across it a bit to fair - bit of a sliced shot but a great goal.

agreed about gazza. he's a once in a generation player. shame he fucked up his career. none of the current lot could touch him when he was in his pomp.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I know Gazza is a fuck up, but if he was born into the current Premier League generation, he'd be phenomenal. The strict training, diet etc would surely have kept his football career going longer than him ending up drinking brandly from a hipflask in Glasgow before kick off in the dressing room.

Or is the lad destined to implode?

Guest The Three Lions

i thought he cut a across it a bit to fair - bit of a sliced shot but a great goal.

agreed about gazza. he's a once in a generation player. shame he fucked up his career. none of the current lot could touch him when he was in his pomp.

Tool full stop.

Not seen the footage for a few years but I always thought he sliced it deliberately. It's an effective shot (if you're as accurate as someone like Shearer was).

Not seen the footage for a few years but I always thought he sliced it deliberately. It's an effective shot (if you're as accurate as someone like Shearer was).

That's why it was so good, the only part of the goal he had to aim due to Van Der Sar's size was there.

That finish by Shearer is criminally underrated.

The current lot need to watch vids like that before the go out on the pitch. Gazza so comfortable on the ball, just strolling and orchestrating like it's a sunday league game. :icon_lol:

It was completely on purpose you can see it in his body position as he hit it.