$1 trillion in mineral deposits discovered in Afghanistan

spongebob toonpants

However, I thought it was about a pipeline through Afghanistan to access the gas in Tajikistan, Turkmenistan etc. rather than it being about any mineral deposits in the country itself.

Aye, from what I have seen/read I thought it was the pipeline rather than natural resources. Does anyone know what type of resources found? Cant read the article from where I'm browsing.

oh aye - we'll build a p[iepline through AFGHANISTAN ....... how long would that last............

Was about the possibility of it, pre-9/11. Not about it happening now. Keep up.

I can remember talking to a guy from Chevron way back - late 70's - about their plans for such a line. TBF everyone looked at him rather oddly....... then trhe russians launched in and it all went quiet .... on the pipeline front at least

I'm sure there was somthing on The Power of Nightmares suggesting there was a planned pipeline and Karzai was chosen as a supposed puppet because of his enthusiasm for said project