United Kingdom

Monkeys Fist

Cameron is flying a Cross of St. George over 10 Downing St. during the world cup.

The colonys are all kicking off about it.

Can't see a problem myself.

If Scotland flew a saltire over Holyrood that'd be fine by me. They'd have to qualify for the W/C of course, so it's a hypothetical situation, but there you go.

Cameron is flying a Cross of St. George over 10 Downing St. during the world cup.

If Scotland flew a saltire over Holyrood that'd be fine by me. They'd have to qualify for the W/C of course, so it's a hypothetical situation, but there you go.

Not that I'm arsed but I guess Downing Street is the home of the prime minister and chancellor who represent the whole of the UK, not just England. So, in the bizarre circumstance that Scotland qualified and England didn't, would you want to see a St Andrew's cross flying over Downing street? I imagine a lot would.

Thinkits a bit naff and he's obviously just being popularist in any case.

Not that I'm arsed but I guess Downing Street is the home of the prime minister and chancellor who represent the whole of the UK, not just England. So, in the bizarre circumstance that Scotland qualified and England didn't, would you want to see a St Andrew's cross flying over Downing street? I imagine a lot would.

Im no cameron fan but do you not think its in the realms of possiblity that, being english, he wants to support england in the WC

Bit silly of him really. He should have flown the union flag with the st. georges cross beneath it.

Why though? Union flag isnt representitive of this world cup. Would the Scottish Parliment have the St George Cross on it seeing as they are not in the WC?

Don't see the issue myself.

Im no cameron fan but do you not think its in the realms of possiblity that, being english, he wants to support england in the WC

Doubt he even likes football in reality though.

Well again, if Brown, being Scottish, had flown the Scottish flag, would that be OK with you?

Bit silly of him really. He should have flown the union flag with the st. georges cross beneath it.

Why though? Union flag isnt representitive of this world cup. Would the Scottish Parliment have the St George Cross on it seeing as they are not in the WC?

There is no English parliament though, it's not the correct comparison.

Btw, didn't he think Paul Collingwood (i.e. when they went there after winning the 20/20 WC) was called Colin Wood or something? Massive sports fan that he is.

He's only really got a mandate in England though :icon_lol:

There's the problem- where should England show support of this kind?

Perhaps I should've put this on Stevies Sensitive People thread.

It's only a flag ffs.

If Scotland, Wales or Norn Ireland were there, I'd have no problem at all with their respective flags being flown over No.10.

It's only a flag ffs.

If Scotland, Wales or Norn Ireland were there, I'd have no problem at all with their respective flags being flown over No.10.

Like I said, I'm not arsed.:icon_lol:

But stuck out of car windows seems a popular option.

Guest The Three Lions

I read he was part of the Reading Youth Firm (RYF) in his late teens.

Really? :icon_lol: Where'd you read that?

Edited by alex

Guest The Three Lions

I think it was one night I had a spliff to be honest [/sorry] but he lived round Reading so you never know.

It's only a flag ffs.

Like I said, I'm not arsed.:icon_lol:

But stuck out of car windows seems a popular option.

:rolleyes:

I'm not losing sleep over it either Renton, what does bug me slightly is that whenever something like this involving the English Flag happens, the lemon suckers jump on it like it's the most offensive thing they've ever seen.

Plays into the hands of the far right and their hijacking of the flag.

It'd be interesting to hear any of the Irish, Scots or Welsh lad's opinion?

( course, if they do have a problem, gtf :lol: )

I think it was one night I had a spliff to be honest [/sorry] but he lived round Reading so you never know.

:lol: That's got to be total bollocks.

Guest The Three Lions

I can picture him standing toe to toe with another firm "Would you like some?? Come forth then!!".

Btw, I heard someone (in Norfolk I think) had painted a St. George's Cross on the side on their pub. The pub's a listed building so the landlord was told by the council he had to paint over it. However, he's got 8 weeks to do it. Nice to hear a bit of commonsense prevailing for once.

I can picture him standing toe to toe with another firm "Would you like some?? Come forth then!!".

I can't.

Isn't Cameron a Villa supporter?

Not that I doubt Stevie's story for one bit of course.

Aye, but he ran with the RYF in his Eton days. :icon_lol:

Aston Villa fan apparently... you'd get on with him like a house on fire Stevie :icon_lol: