The Three Lions

Toonpack

Any born Englishman who supports the opposition is a cunt, what's more baffling is Toonpack has contiuously promoted himself as a right wing British Nationalist.

Just don't understand the "anyone but England" mentality of other BRITISH people tbh, especially those who live in England

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any supporter of NUFC, or supporter of football in general, who can't voice support for their nation's representative team in international competition, is indicative of the attitude that lost us the fucking Empire.

I will be glued to the telly on Saturday, sweating buckets that we don't lose to the Yanks.

There is so much wrong with that statement.

Normandy was never french, it means 'Norse men dy' and was populated by Vikings. The Norman invasion only worked because they collaborated with their northern brothers. They didn't speak french either.

Aquitaine was owned by us later, to this day some of the oldest and richest families in the region have Anglo-saxon names. French was not spoken there either.

Surely the point was though they weren't fucking English. They were also brought in by Richard Coeur de Lion who spoke very little English and spent 3 months of his Life in England. He was however bisexual so must have liked a party.

Any supporter of NUFC, or supporter of football in general, who can't voice support for their nation's representative team in international competition, is indicative of the attitude that lost us the fucking Empire.

I will be glued to the telly on Saturday, sweating buckets that we don't lose to the Yanks.

Pray tell me what is so wrong?

It was not the fault of any attitude that Britain lost the Empire. Empires collapse plain and simple none last forever due to them being the product of conquest. Sooner or later the conquested nation starts to learn and manages to overthrow the imperial power.

Normandy was never french, it means 'Norse men dy' and was populated by Vikings. The Norman invasion only worked because they collaborated with their northern brothers. They didn't speak french either.

Aquitaine was owned by us later, to this day some of the oldest and richest families in the region have Anglo-saxon names. French was not spoken there either.

Surely the point was though they weren't fucking English. They were also brought in by Richard Coeur de Lion who spoke very little English and spent 3 months of his Life in England. He was however bisexual so must have liked a party.

No, the point was they weren't french. If you want to be loose with the definition, then you would have to say the english are really just french. Even if you take that point of view, the OP was talking shit since the regions represented by the lions are intrinsically linked historically and if it doesnt matter what nationality they represent, they represent historically connected regions and peoples. So belong together.

Originally the coat of arms of Richard the Lionheart wasn't it? Who was the King of England in the 12th century? Born in Oxford as well I believe :lol:

It was not the fault of any attitude that Britain lost the Empire. Empires collapse plain and simple none last forever due to them being the product of conquest. Sooner or later the conquested nation starts to learn and manages to overthrow the imperial power.

Perhaps what you say is true, but not entirely. The likes of India, Australia, New Zealand etc etc did not "overthrow" the imperial power.

India for instance was gramted independence. In actual fact Britain adopted a policy of peaceful disengagement from its colonies. Could that be construed as attitude? :lol:

Edited by Noelie

Perhaps what you say is true, but not entirely. The likes of India, Australia, New Zealand etc etc did not "overthrow" the imperial power.

India for instance was gramted independence. In actual fact Britain adopted a policy of peaceful disengagement from its colonies. Could that be construed as attitude? :lol:

No its due to the economic problems running a country from that far away when the population wants independance. The cost of maintaining an Empire was far more than the benefits. The policy of peaceful disengagement was due to the prohibitive costs of war and the problems of justifying an empire after the war for freedom.

Any born Englishman who supports the opposition is a cunt, what's more baffling is Toonpack has contiuously promoted himself as a right wing British Nationalist.

Just don't understand the "anyone but England" mentality of other BRITISH people tbh, especially those who live in England

Would you ever support Sunderland in any game ??? Therein lies your answer.

If push came to shove in any serious encounter (like a war) you'll find everyone rallying around the "flag".

Watched the game in the Cairngorm Hotel in Aviemore (Tartan Army HQ), great atmosphere and brilliant craic, our party was a 4 to 5 split ABE to England supporters, bar was about the same.

If push came to shove in any serious encounter (like a war) you'll find everyone rallying around the "flag".

Watched the game in the Cairngorm Hotel in Aviemore (Tartan Army HQ), great atmosphere and brilliant craic, our party was a 4 to 5 split ABE to England supporters, bar was about the same.

what have the mackems got to do with supporting England ?

At least some Scots wanted England to win, and so they should.

It was an analogy, you wouldn't ever want Sunlun to win, so why should you expect that a Scot/Welshman/Paddy should want England to win ?????? It's football rivalry man !!!!

The only Scots I know who have any interest in England doing well are those who follow an English team, in truth most of the folks here don't care one way or the other.

I am totally ambivalent towards international football, but I do not wish well for ingerlund unless nufc are represented, nufc being my only real interest in football. Fail to see what the fuss is tbh and I find it amusing why you get all precious because other parts of Britain don't leap on the bandwaggon, as I said to Leazes it's a football rivalry and you never support your rivals.

I do support the England cricket team though.

It was an analogy, you wouldn't ever want Sunlun to win, so why should you expect that a Scot/Welshman/Paddy should want England to win ?????? It's football rivalry man !!!!

The only Scots I know who have any interest in England doing well are those who follow an English team, in truth most of the folks here don't care one way or the other.

ah knaaa man.......

Anyway, its when its taken beyond football. I worked in Scotland for 2 years in the 80's and was made welcome except by 2 blokes, one who apologised to me for calling me "an English bastard who should fuck off with his money" when he realised I was a good bloke :)

It was a small place like.

TPs analogy doesn't ring true, England aren't rivals with Newcastle... so I can support them both without feeling guilty or disloyal.

If Scotland were in the competition I'd want them to do well in every game where the result doesn't affect England. Anything else is just bitter jealousy.

A bit like what has Derrick Bird got to do with Bloody Sunday, eh Leazes?

TPs analogy doesn't ring true, England aren't rivals with Newcastle... so I can support them both without feeling guilty or disloyal.

If Scotland were in the competition I'd want them to do well in every game where the result doesn't affect England. Anything else is just bitter jealousy.

aye. If England weren't in it, then I'd be supporting the other home countries too.

A bit like what has Derrick Bird got to do with Bloody Sunday, eh Leazes?

it was a reply to the comment about the shooting of De Menzies. You've just proved you haven't read this thread properly.

Never said England nufc was a rivalry, the analogy is as an nufc fan you'd never want sunlun to win so why would a Scot want England to win??? Jealousy of what btw, because I don't want sunlun to ever win doesn't mean I'm bitterly jealous of them.

It's nowt about loyalty to nufc, without nufc players the England team is just a collection of the same bunch of cunts I wish ill on each match day of every season, end of.

The England football team means nothing to me, I do get wound up for the cricket team though.