The Three Lions

Toonpack

Been internet-less for a wee while, is this multicultural Stevie then ???

If so, does he realise that the 3 Lions are one for England, one for Aquitaine and one for Normandy

Very French of him.

Edited by Toonpack

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normandy was never french, it means 'Norse men dy' and was populated by Vikings. The Norman invasion only worked because they collaborated with their northern brothers. They didn't speak french either.

Aquitaine was owned by us later, to this day some of the oldest and richest families in the region have Anglo-saxon names. French was not spoken there either.

Guest The Three Lions

Any born Englishman who supports the opposition is a cunt, what's more baffling is Toonpack has contiuously promoted himself as a right wing British Nationalist.

Any born Englishman who supports the opposition is a cunt, what's more baffling is Toonpack has contiuously promoted himself as a right wing British Nationalist.

Not that I recall tbh.

I have little if any interest in any football team other than NUFC, I spend 52 weeks out the year despising non-Newcastle players, why just because they pull on a different shirt should I go all ga-ga over them.

I spend 52 weeks out the year despising non-Newcastle players, why just because they pull on a different shirt should I go all ga-ga over them.

That's more than a little pathetic.

Not that I recall tbh.

I have little if any interest in any football team other than NUFC, I spend 52 weeks out the year despising non-Newcastle players, why just because they pull on a different shirt should I go all ga-ga over them.

:icon_lol: what a tool

The only England team I have any interest in is the cricket team, the England football team, and by and large, it's fans are immense cunts, couldn't give a shit about them to be honest.

Hope Argentina win it, not that they will mind.

Take away the 52 week emphasis and that sums up how I feel - though I doin't actively hope that England lose.

Although I wouldn't go as far as Toonpack and support whoever is playing England, I certainly wouldn't be devastated if England do shite, wouldn't be ecstatic if they win it. I love the World Cup because it's great to see the spectacle and there's no real feelings of disappointment as I almost feel a neutral watching it. There are no transfer fees, no sugar daddies and the feeling of hating another country doesn't come into it for me. I hope England do well but wont be crying into my pint if they don't. Maybe the double standards by the media when it comes to us and their own myopic and deluded view of England doesn't help. Also feel that for 'England', read 'London/South-East'. It's fine to laugh and mock us for being gutted when we got relegated but it's ok to be devastated when England get beat in a penalty shoot-out. Nah, don't think so.

Hope Argentina win it, not that they will mind.

On what basis? The fact that they are the only country being represented by an NUFC player?

JFW

A small minority take the "I'd rather NUFC won a corner...." theory way past extreme at times.

Surprising (well, not really) I find I'm the complete opposite to Toonpack - I had more issue with international football when our players were regularly filling their sides. But that was on account that some of our better players would get injured playing in meaningless friendlies, never be available for us but miraculously be fit again for the next international game.

Nowadays we don't have that concern and even if we do, there's fuck all football for another 2 months. The only player who we can lose to a match-playing injury in this World Cup is Jonas so getting behind the Argies seems ludicrous!

Besides, anyone who can't get behind our national team when we have a chance of winning something is a sad fuck IMHO. :icon_lol:

Normandy was never french, it means 'Norse men dy' and was populated by Vikings. The Norman invasion only worked because they collaborated with their northern brothers. They didn't speak french either.

Aquitaine was owned by us later, to this day some of the oldest and richest families in the region have Anglo-saxon names. French was not spoken there either.

What wasn't though? :icon_lol:

Any supporter of NUFC, or supporter of football in general, who can't voice support for their nation's representative team in international competition, is indicative of the attitude that lost us the fucking Empire.

I will be glued to the telly on Saturday, sweating buckets that we don't lose to the Yanks.

Hello toonpack :rolleyes: you don't know me but i'm a very loving chap who is loved by all on this forum :lol: I'm sure you'll get to know me over the coming days :icon_lol:

Hello toonpack :razz: you don't know me but i'm a very loving chap who is loved by all on this forum :rolleyes: I'm sure you'll get to know me over the coming days :icon_lol:

I think you'll find that Toonpack will occasionally say something sensible though... :lol: