Geordie Morals

Guest The Three Lions

If you had a spare Cup Final Ticket  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest The Three Lions
It's individual opinion I guess. I have no beef with people who want to accept over the odds for the ticket, it's their choice. But you often hear the same people complaining that the price of football is far too expensive.

They can't have it both ways.

BTW - I see nothing wrong with people paying Chester Mag less than face value for his season ticket if he's happy to sell at that rate. At the end of the day, the club still sees the same amount of money.

I have no problem with people admitting they're cunts neither, because that's what they do in my opinion by that very action. There's a noticable change in geordies even in terms of the younger ones coming through.

Sorry, Stevie are you saying im a cunt for someone saying can i please have your sunderland ticket im desperate to go then saying howay ill give you 150 quid?!?!

How old are you? Im 23, what a load of shit you talk sometimes like with regards to the younger geordies and their morals.

If the ticket was up for sale and you had no one you knew who wanted it, I'd have sold it face value, and maintained my dignity to be honest. I couldn't bring myself to charge a geordie or even a Newcastle fan from where ever over the odds for a ticket.

It's just one of those things that's 'not on' in my book.

Same here? I've paid £400 for a ticket before, and the bloke sat next to me paid £45. Did I like being ripped off? No. Would I like someone else to feel short changed like I did for what was another debacle? No. Ask yourself how you would feel being ripped off.

Ewerk eh?

I wouldn't. You can't really complain about the black market when you're creating it.

Well it was a chance to watch my team win its first proper trophy in my life time, I had no choice, people are desperate enough to pay it, and that fact does not in any way dimish what cunts touts and rip off merchants are. I think fans who do it to their own are even worse to be honest.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

I'm not saying you're like a tout or a bad person or anything for doing it. It's just that people will always rip others off as long as people are willing to be ripped off. Obviously I'm not condoning ripping people off, I think it's totally out of order.

Stevie at the end of the day a ticket is worth what people value the ticket at not what value is on the ticket. I.E i have 160 loyalty points so can get sunderland away tickets no bother, Now to someone who doesnt go to games regularly but really wants to go, that ticket is worth way more than £35 or whatever face value is. As you have proved by paying over the odds yourself which sumwhat makes your point about people selling them over the odds null and void.

I cant understand your reasoning, cos surely it wouldnt just stop at football? If your house was valued at £100,000 and somebody offered you £120,000 to buy it off your straight away . Im assuming you would say no and only accept £100,000 right? Its exactly the same morals.

Edited by JaMoUsE

Stevie at the end of the day a ticket is worth what people value the ticket at not what value is on the ticket. I.E i have 160 loyalty points so can get sunderland away tickets no bother, Now to someone who doesnt go to games regularly but really wants to go, that ticket is worth way more than £35 or whatever face value is. As you have proved by paying over the odds yourself which sumwhat makes your point about people selling them over the odds null and void.

I cant understand your reasoning, cos surely it wouldnt just stop at football? If your house was valued at £100,000 and somebody offered you £120,000 to buy it off your straight away . Im assuming you would say no and only accept £100,000 right? Its exactly the same morals.

ahh but these are geordie morals, they apply to nothing other than football and only in newcastle, you see, in stevies mind the rest of the world outside newcastle (unless hes met someone from somewhere who he thought was alright) are all amoral "cunts" among many other things depending on what mood hes in

I would have no problem with selling a gig ticket to the highest bidder.

A ticket for a match would feel different though.

Why? Struggling to see the difference myself, you're still taking advantage and acting as a tout.

My mate once bought loads of Wiis at Argos when they were in short supply and sold them on eBay. This was just before Christmas, taking advantage of parents. I thought that was wrong as well, probably a 0.5 on the twat scale (0 to 1).

As for selling my ST when I can't use it, I can't find anyone to buy it even if I wanted to. Easy to give away though.

Lass at work and her husband did the thing with the Wiis too, and the Wii Fit when it first came out and noone could get their hands on it. He was on the email lists for shops that were waiting to get it in and he'd immediately flee out to buy extra copies up and sell them on eBay. Complete fucking bellend and, it probably goes without saying, a mackem.

Does it every time something like that happens where there's a shortage on something and some extra money to be made by ripping people off.

geordie morals? sounds a bit like fat fred and his geordie nation bullshit

Pipe down.

seriously though, i don't see any evidence that geordies have some kind of moral highground over other football fans.

• 2 months later...

Some talk yesterday amongst season ticket holders in level 7 about buying up extra tickets and selling them on at a profit to non-members.

Cheaper than ticket + membership = moral

more than ticket + membership = immoral

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Is it alright to sell tickets to non-Geordies for over face value then?

Depending on their reasons for supporting the club imo.

so depending on the reason of a non-geordie why they support newcastle thats would make you happy to overcharge that person.

think thats a bit unfair to fans like me that travel 400miles to watch a game and if i didnt have a ticket because im not from newcastle someone like you

could be lurking around and make a nice little profit off my back. yet if i was geordie i could be going for the same price as everyone else.

Fourth option - some bloke gave me a spare season ticket on Sunday as all his usual mates were working and he didn't want it to go to waste.

Completely refused any cash, although allowed me to get him a couple of beers. He didn't even ask to see my birth certificate.

Geordie Gandhi tbh.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

so depending on the reason of a non-geordie why they support newcastle thats would make you happy to overcharge that person.

think thats a bit unfair to fans like me that travel 400miles to watch a game and if i didnt have a ticket because im not from newcastle someone like you

could be lurking around and make a nice little profit off my back. yet if i was geordie i could be going for the same price as everyone else.

Yes especially if they're Welsh

:lol:

the above was all tongue in cheek, surprised only one person bit.