Geordie Morals

Guest The Three Lions

If you had a spare Cup Final Ticket  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest The Three Lions

If you found yourself on Wembley Way 2 hours before the FA Cup Final and we were playing and you had a spare ticket. Would you sell it to touts and probably earn 4 times face value, get as much as you could directly off Toon fans, or would you sell it face value to a toon fan?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Three Lions
Anyone who would sell at more than face value is an absolute tosser tbh

Couldn't agree more, on any form of ticket. I remember being at Euro 2000, I was in Amsterdam in between the Portugal and Germany game, this little rent boy from Northampton said his mate couldn't make it, and he wanted to sell the Germany ticket before travelling down to Charleroi, was worth about £40, I said how much "aandrud and sixty to you sahn", I felt twattin the cunt, I bollocked him for 10 minutes on how he wasn't proper English, but people seemed to sympathise with him. Disgrace, I've seen Man Utd and all the London clubs rippin each other off in the past as well.

I only ever sell at face value as any1 whos bought tickets off me on the tickets for sale bit before will verify. However i must admit i had to tickets for the relegation game at villa for sale as i wasnt going, some bloke with a thick cockney accent rang my mobile and said he would paypal me £200 for them both. As he wasnt local and I wouldnt have to meet him face to face it seemed very easy and I did send them to a Harmsworth address and got 200 quid toooo.

Please feel free to tell me what a horrible person I am :angry:

I've never seen a ticket sold to a fellow Mag at more than face value in any away match I've ever been to, (not saying it hasn't happened), but the looks you'd get and the shame of it. You just wouldn't do it.*

*If we attracted gloryhunters from the rest of the UK and abroad peoples stances may change and the guilt might not be there.

I'd give it to the first face I recognised that didn't have one.

I once sold a spare U2 ticket for face value to a fan (and nearly got lynched off the the touts for it) and I even felt guilty about that.

Do people charge their mates to use their season tickets when they can't go?

About 6 years ago I sold my ticket foe the whole season (except the derby) to a mate for his kid because he explicitly asked/offered- I think we settled on £20 a game.

Apart from that I never charged - including the season before last when I only went to 5 games.

whats wrong with making a few extra quid?

Nothing. If someone has the money to pay for 10000 tickets if he wanted, whats the moral issue involved in selling it at a small premium.

Its only immoral if its a poor kid with no extra money to afford to eat or drink for the rest of the day or something.

I would have no problem with selling a gig ticket to the highest bidder.

A ticket for a match would feel different though.

Why? Struggling to see the difference myself, you're still taking advantage and acting as a tout.

My mate once bought loads of Wiis at Argos when they were in short supply and sold them on eBay. This was just before Christmas, taking advantage of parents. I thought that was wrong as well, probably a 0.5 on the twat scale (0 to 1).

As for selling my ST when I can't use it, I can't find anyone to buy it even if I wanted to. Easy to give away though.

Why? Struggling to see the difference myself, you're still taking advantage and acting as a tout.

Getting tickets for a match like a cup final isn't as simple as getting tickets for a concert.

If you really want to see a gig then just make sure you buy your ticket as soon as they go on sale, if you don't manage to do that then hard luck, you'll just have to may the market price.

Guest The Three Lions

Getting tickets for a match like a cup final isn't as simple as getting tickets for a concert.

If you really want to see a gig then just make sure you buy your ticket as soon as they go on sale, if you don't manage to do that then hard luck, you'll just have to may the market price.

Not how it works geordie to geordie, not how it should work.

No, you're right, cup final tickets should be distributed on a loyalty basis in the first place, I'd question why the fan involved hasn't suceeded in getting a ticket already.

I'm not that arsed, just don't like touts of any persuasion.

Guest alex

No, you're right, cup final tickets should be distributed on a loyalty basis in the first place, I'd question why the fan involved hasn't suceeded in getting a ticket already.

I'm not that arsed, just don't like touts of any persuasion.

NUFC Box Office fuck up? :angry:

I think in general doing someone you don't know a favour as a one-off and charging a few quid isn't that bad in the scheme of things despite what I've said though I wouldn't do it myself.

What I don't like is people (including some pretty good friends of mine as it happens) who have such a thing about making a few quid on everything they do that they constantly charge mates £2 or £3 every time they get them a ticket for run of the mill away games. One of my mates is constantly reminded by the rest of us about a £4 quid "booking fee" he once charged someone to swap tickets so the bloke could go in the same section together with his lass.

Anyone who would sell at more than face value is an absolute tosser tbh

Couldn't agree more, on any form of ticket. I remember being at Euro 2000, I was in Amsterdam in between the Portugal and Germany game, this little rent boy from Northampton said his mate couldn't make it, and he wanted to sell the Germany ticket before travelling down to Charleroi, was worth about £40, I said how much "aandrud and sixty to you sahn", I felt twattin the cunt, I bollocked him for 10 minutes on how he wasn't proper English, but people seemed to sympathise with him. Disgrace, I've seen Man Utd and all the London clubs rippin each other off in the past as well.

What if a scouser wanted to buy and England ticket off you?

NUFC Box Office fuck up? :angry:

<_< Inevitably.

Most of the old codgers with enough points for a derby ticket haven't been to another away game in 10 year.

They should base it on the preceding season points total rather than an ongoing accumulated total.

Edited by Happy Face