Northumberland County Show

peasepud

Quite worried now.

Was planning to go to the North Yorks county show near Thirsk in June but definitely dont want to do it if its like the one you've been too.

http://www.northyorkshireshow.co.uk/

NYCTop.jpg

Just got back from this and without doubt one of the best value for money days out we've had in a long time.

Arrived at 8.30 and just got back at 5

Loads of traditional animal stuff, best of breeds etc, dog display team, horse stunt show, show jumping, coach driving displays.

Ferret racing, join in archery, tents and tents of crafts, farmers Market foods stuff.

Old car rally with gorgeous pristine cars, camera and motorbikes. A steam rally with steam rollers and loads more engines.

Can't really praise this show enough and would reccomend it to you all for next year.

We've had such a great time that were even thinking of attending the really big county show in Harrogate, later in the year.

Wow

No offence, and I'm glad you enjoyed your day out, but without exception that all sounds fucking shit.

Whatever floats your boat I guess, but coming from a connoisseur of large greenhouses in Cornwall I assure you no offence taken. :jester:

Quite worried now.

Was planning to go to the North Yorks county show near Thirsk in June but definitely dont want to do it if its like the one you've been too.

http://www.northyorkshireshow.co.uk/

NYCTop.jpg

Just got back from this and without doubt one of the best value for money days out we've had in a long time.

Arrived at 8.30 and just got back at 5

Loads of traditional animal stuff, best of breeds etc, dog display team, horse stunt show, show jumping, coach driving displays.

Ferret racing, join in archery, tents and tents of crafts, farmers Market foods stuff.

Old car rally with gorgeous pristine cars, camera and motorbikes. A steam rally with steam rollers and loads more engines.

Can't really praise this show enough and would reccomend it to you all for next year.

We've had such a great time that were even thinking of attending the really big county show in Harrogate, later in the year.

Wow

No offence, and I'm glad you enjoyed your day out, but without exception that all sounds fucking shit.

Whatever floats your boat I guess, but coming from a connoisseur of large greenhouses in Cornwall I assure you no offence taken. ;)

To be fair Gemmill's right; country shows are usually shit. Unless you're a farmer or looking to meet a woman who's fatter and lonelier than you are. Or both.

I've been dragged along to a few shows in my youth and was without exception bored stupid. Ferrets are shit. Hawks circling above some loser with a leather glove are shit. Tractors and farm equipment are shit. Dogs jumping over stuff are shit. People cutting wood with chainsaws. Motorcycle displays. Showjumping. All shit. People trying to sell you a new type of potato peelers or hedge shears are shit too. And the place is full of animals pushing out shit at an alarming rate which you have to dodge continually cos you don't wear wellies.

The only one I ever enjoyed was the Royal Welsh show. And that's because they had a fun fair and some decent stalls so I didn't have to look at the fucking animals and tractors.

You must have been hard work as a child!!!!

A day away from the usual routine watching motorcycle display teams and all that other stuff and your still not happy!

Hope your mother slapped your legs and told you to stop being an ungrateful little fucker :-)

A day away from the usual routine watching motorcycle display teams and all that other stuff and your still not happy!

Hope your mother slapped your legs and told you to stop being an ungrateful little fucker :-)

;) These days you get arrested for that type of behaviour! To be fair I saved my worst behaviour for air shows. Even worse than country shows imo. Some old shit heap transport plane limping past time and again while you sit and hope for the red arrows to make an appearance. I think I'd rather stab my eye with a pencil tbh.

;) These days you get arrested for that type of behaviour! To be fair I saved my worst behaviour for air shows. Even worse than country shows imo. Some old shit heap transport plane limping past time and again while you sit and hope for the red arrows to make an appearance. I think I'd rather stab my eye with a pencil tbh.

At least you have the excitement of possible death if one crashes.

These country shows remind me of the travelling fair on Craggy island.